Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 06:48 AM

62 posts, read 259,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewsup View Post
hi everyone its been 4months since i broke my tib just under my knee its been such a slow recovery i went and seen mu o/s last week and she looked at my xray and said its another 3mnths before i can go back to work thats going to be 7 mnths total time off work it realy sux and im ova it
Hey Chewsup,

if it makes you feel any better it will be over two years before I get to go back to work! It does suck but just worry about getting better. You can see by reading some of our stories that it could be worse and take a lot longer. Feel better!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:15 AM

175 posts, read 741,395 times
Wow, it sounds like so many are doing really well. Congrats on all of your milestones! And welcome to all the newbies!

I have an OS appointment today. I'll get the rundown from the surgery and see where I stand (no pun intended!) I also got a shiny new walker delivered to the house, and that makes it so much easier to get around! Thanks for the idea on that!

Overall I am feeling pretty good. Very little pain, so I've been trying to stay off the pain meds, and I can move my ankle and toes pretty well. I'm still swelling, but not as much as it was over the last few days.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:01 AM

62 posts, read 259,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina1 View Post
Wow, it sounds like so many are doing really well. Congrats on all of your milestones! And welcome to all the newbies!

I have an OS appointment today. I'll get the rundown from the surgery and see where I stand (no pun intended!) I also got a shiny new walker delivered to the house, and that makes it so much easier to get around! Thanks for the idea on that!

Overall I am feeling pretty good. Very little pain, so I've been trying to stay off the pain meds, and I can move my ankle and toes pretty well. I'm still swelling, but not as much as it was over the last few days.
Hi Cristina

I am glad your feeling better. Did you get the 4wd model walker or the racing SS model?
Good luck with your appointment today!!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:10 AM

51 posts, read 159,848 times
chewsup,
you have the same break i had just below the knee..why is taking so long? just wandering and a little worried here after reading your post.its been 2 mos for me and hopefully OS will allow me to take off my velcro leg brace in a week and begin weight bearing and maybe goin to a cane. i am 62 yrs old 6 ft 175 healthy and hope my stats help..guess we all have diff circumstances and diff OS but your post really concerns me since i have the same break and will be seeing my OS in a week. i can only put about 10 pounds on my leg now..no pain to speak of is yours in pain? thanks,mike

Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike perry ia View Post
theqbaby, wow you really do have a different type but awesome recovery!! was your injury a tibia plateau fracture? thats what mine is and the os sad it was a bad one. i am balancing on my leg only and the only thing i have is discomfort not pain with the redness and swelling of the foot when upright very long..i am 62 and in great shape 6ft 176 and was told that my weight and health will help. you say it will be 8 mos b4 fwb?
Yes, I had the tibia plateau fracture. Actually it was shattered by two large dogs. Dr. compared it to getting hit by a car.
At the third visit, when I was told to go partial weight bearing, he said it would be 8 months before I would be FWB (too long for me ! ). But the last time I saw him he was very impressed and gave me the go ahead for FWB. Once I began FWB every day gets better. I haven't even thought about my crutches since the 14th of April.
My legs (both) get tired and my feet are very sensitive from being off them.
I think that every person knows what their body can take. If your not afraid to push it, just a bit, you may make quicker process. I don't think that I did anything besides having patience and a lot of stretching .

Happy healing to all ! Q

Old 04-27-2009, 01:05 PM

175 posts, read 741,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms View Post
Hi Cristina

I am glad your feeling better. Did you get the 4wd model walker or the racing SS model?
Good luck with your appointment today!!
Turbo charged, of course!

I had a good appointment! I'm allowed to add as much weight as I can stand now, and I've taken some steps without the walker! YAY! It's so darn hot here and I still have to wear the aircast, which is torture in this weather!

I have to keep the staples in for 3 weeks, but YAY! again because I can shower now. I won't be stinky if the heat keeps up!

Thanks for the support! How are you doing?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM

189 posts, read 795,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyklou View Post
Hey all,
Welcome to all the newcomers. Just wanted to update on my progress. I have been working for a month now(i am a hairdresser). I started just working 3 hours a day because i am on my feet, now i am up to 8 hours a day. I am working 4 in the morning and then 4 in the evening. My pain gets less every day. i think being on my feet helps.Sounds crazy ha!!! I have been using a cane but now i feel like i don't need it other than to walk any distance. So hang in there all. A month ago i would never have thought i would be doing so well. it has been a rough ride and i know it is not over by any means. I feel everyones pain!!!

Stay strong all.

Joy

Joy,
So glad to hear you are doing so well!! It gives hope to the rest of us!!
Congrats!
Nanny

Old 04-27-2009, 02:37 PM

189 posts, read 795,483 times
Cristina,
That is great that you are allowed to WB , I hope you continue to improve quickly and pain free!
Nanny

Old 04-27-2009, 03:25 PM

51 posts, read 186,819 times
sounds like lots of people are progressing. Sorry for those who feel you are stalled, but remember each day is one day closer to healing.

I got my cast off on Wednesday and went straight to a runner - no walking cast - I am now WBAT and can be FWB. Just back from my first physio - 2 hours - good pain and felt good to actually do something.

I can now get myself in and out of the bathtub (have side bar rented for the bath, and have a great bar on the wall... what a dream come true to have a bath! AND I was able to stand in the shower today (again using the wall bar but another step towards freedom!)

still very swollen and my foot looks like a frankenstein foot (complete color change from mid calf to foot) keeping it elevated when I am not doing my exercises, but trying to do exercises 3 times a day.

Keep up the good work everybody, even if that work means being stuck sitting on your butt... that is work in itself and necessary for healing.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:20 PM

68 posts, read 291,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyof2 View Post
Joy,
So glad to hear you are doing so well!! It gives hope to the rest of us!!
Congrats!
Nanny
thanks Nanny!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness