U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 04:22 AM

62 posts, read 225,372 times

Advertisements

Hi Gang,

Sorry I have not posted in a while we have been very busy with the last minute details of the wedding!! I have been out of the second surgery for 7 weeks and I have pushed myself harder than ever but guess what>

Pam and I were married on 6/7/09 and I walked her down the aisle and I danced with her for the entire evening!! I made the 100 people or so cry by doing this, thats because they know how much I have struggled for the past two years!

I was in a good amount of pain the next day but it was worth it. Pam looked beautiful and the wedding went off without a care in the world! I can not walk as far and as well as I would like but I will start PT with a professional PT when I get home from the honeymoon!!!

How is everyone doing?

Mike

Old 06-11-2009, 05:40 AM

139 posts, read 486,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms View Post
Hi Gang,

Sorry I have not posted in a while we have been very busy with the last minute details of the wedding!! I have been out of the second surgery for 7 weeks and I have pushed myself harder than ever but guess what>

Pam and I were married on 6/7/09 and I walked her down the aisle and I danced with her for the entire evening!! I made the 100 people or so cry by doing this, thats because they know how much I have struggled for the past two years!

I was in a good amount of pain the next day but it was worth it. Pam looked beautiful and the wedding went off without a care in the world! I can not walk as far and as well as I would like but I will start PT with a professional PT when I get home from the honeymoon!!!

How is everyone doing?

Mike
Congratulations. What a wonderful blessed day for you. So glad your wedding went well and good luck to you and your new bride. Keep up the good work. Bev

Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 AM

Hi everyone,

What a wonderful feeling to hear how everyone is doing. For all you newbies. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I too have had 3 sessions at therapy since my hardware was taken out 6 weeks ago. Had to fight for this therapy and it was so worth it. These three sessions have allowed the feeling to come back into the ankle area. In just those three sessions I am now able to have ROM in ankle where there was zero. Just cannot get over that my OS dr didnot want me to have paid therapy and wanted me to self therapy myself. What is being done to me now I could never had done. So everyone out there do not assume your ortho surgeon cares because they are only surgeons not ortho doctors who care. Take it from my experience. So Tues 6/9 set off the first bomb just waiting for it to go off. Filed the workers comp papers that my doctor boss and hospital so wanted to stay in hiding and never be filed. They are filed just sitting back waiting for the verbal reprecussion. But I am a fighter which you have to be when they are messing with your ability to walk again. I still have a limp that concerns me. Just do not like to way I walk and now am wondering if that ever will change. Therapist Dave hopes to bring the ankle feeling back 95%. Everyone keep up the good work.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:37 AM

69 posts, read 277,130 times
Simms

Congrats on your wedding, I am so happy for you. Many wonderful years to you and your bride.

Margie

Old 06-11-2009, 06:41 AM

69 posts, read 277,130 times
Hello to all, for about the past week and half I have noticed that I am walking better less of a limp, I have even had some coworkers say this to me. It appears that I have turned a corner knee less stiff and ankle getting better everday. Then last night I was sitting on the sofa and went to get up and then quick I was on the floor I went right down on my knees and I could not get back up. Once I was able to get up with help, knee was red and started to swell. I up some ice on it and today it is sore but appears to be fine just keeping my fingers crossed. Has anyone on here ever just had there leg give out on them ????

Old 06-11-2009, 02:58 PM

41 posts, read 95,421 times
congrats simm.. and thank you for nanny for all the help i had to change my password on here so i lost everything .. had a question now 6 months still can't move foot told i have joint damage and to move it but you can not move something that won't move it is so pain ful any one go through this?? i just want to walk but foot will not get off being on tip toe there is like no space on my joint can any one here help???

Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 PM

68 posts, read 228,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms View Post
hi gang,

sorry i have not posted in a while we have been very busy with the last minute details of the wedding!! I have been out of the second surgery for 7 weeks and i have pushed myself harder than ever but guess what>

pam and i were married on 6/7/09 and i walked her down the aisle and i danced with her for the entire evening!! I made the 100 people or so cry by doing this, thats because they know how much i have struggled for the past two years!

I was in a good amount of pain the next day but it was worth it. Pam looked beautiful and the wedding went off without a care in the world! I can not walk as far and as well as i would like but i will start pt with a professional pt when i get home from the honeymoon!!!

How is everyone doing?

Mike
sooooo cool!!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 08:44 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 4,630,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyes42 View Post
Hello to all, for about the past week and half I have noticed that I am walking better less of a limp, I have even had some coworkers say this to me. It appears that I have turned a corner knee less stiff and ankle getting better everday. Then last night I was sitting on the sofa and went to get up and then quick I was on the floor I went right down on my knees and I could not get back up. Once I was able to get up with help, knee was red and started to swell. I up some ice on it and today it is sore but appears to be fine just keeping my fingers crossed. Has anyone on here ever just had there leg give out on them ????
Your not alone ! I too experience weakness to the point of giving out. I have always been able to "catch" myself before I hit the ground. Usually in the morning or after sitting a while. Sometimes it even feels like it is going to buckle, which really scares me.
If your not having "strange" pain, I think you will be alright. You know your body, and can read what its telling you. I believe it is normal due to muscles and tendons rebuilding.

I have been having involuntary jolts at night, every night. The only thing that helps is a steaming hot bath, which at 2 am is not as enjoyable as it should be.LOL

I am approximately 8 weeks FWB. I am mostly walking with out a limp. But I still have days where I have a good deal of pain to the point that I just want to sit with an icepack all day.
Funny thing is, I have been riding my 4 wheeler mud bogging for the past 3 weekends and staying on my feet practically all weekend, being very active and my knee does not bother me. Then just getting up from my office chair I can juke it and be on my rear with ice all day.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painfulblueeyes View Post
congrats simm.. and thank you for nanny for all the help i had to change my password on here so i lost everything .. had a question now 6 months still can't move foot told i have joint damage and to move it but you can not move something that won't move it is so pain ful any one go through this?? i just want to walk but foot will not get off being on tip toe there is like no space on my joint can any one here help???
I would suggest therapy person to help you move the joint. Thats what happened to me when my hardware was taken out and foot had no feeling and would not move. I fought for more sessions at therapy and I am so glad because after 3 sessions I am able to move entire foot 95% very very sore but it sure has helped and they have shown me how to massage and rub down area and what stretching exercises to do. PT says it is the stretching exercises that will help the most doing them 3 times a day.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 AM

theqbaby Its been 21 weeks since my injury and the jolts still happen. I am like you I can do hardly any movement with my foot elevated at the office and it can be more swollen that if I was up all day. I got these small round reusable ice packs and stick two in my stocking and wear it most of the day when that happens.

Everyone is doing so well its wonderful. I still am just not happy with the way I walk. I have 14 more sessions of therapy and right now they are working on my fibula does not want to move or work right so they are trying to stimulate it so that it will move. That means alot of massaging and stretching the back of leg out. I still have a limp. When my ankle gets really tired it drags and I catch myself before I go down. They are now saying there will probably be areas I will never have feeling again around the ankle because of shattered ankle damage. I am trying to accept that now that these next 14 therapy sessions they are saying when I come to end of the therapy sessions that will be as good as they can get with ankle. Nothing from that point will help it. Everyone keep up good work on healing and walking. Bev
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness