U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 08:43 PM

190 posts, read 462,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
Hey All!
Just wanted to update. So, I went to the docter on Thursday. He gave me a prescription for Tylenol #3 which should help. I will only take it at night and for really bad days. Ibuprofen will do for the rest of the time...it hurts mot at night as it is. I had some blood work done which should come back early next week. If nothing appears wrong I wont get a phone call so thats what Im hoping for. Th red spot is still very slowly getting bigger and doesnt go away to much anymore. The docter didnt seem to concerned about it...docters often overlook the smaller stuff...even though the smaller stuff often turns into bigger stuff. Over the next months Im just supposed to see how it goes. Going to camp this summer might ot happen because of this. Anways, thats about it. I might not be one much the following 2 1/2 weeks because I have exams coming up. Hope everyones feeling good!
Terrorizer
Hi there Ms. T, Well I am glad to hear you went to the dr! The pain meds should help to keep your pain down. I am really curious what this red spot looks like. Is there anyway you can take a pic of it and upload it to the site? Maybe if someone here can see it and recognize it.....It may give you some insight . Also do you have a famiily dr. who can look at it?
Also a hint, If you know before hand that you are going to be doing an activity that will cause you pain later, take a pill before hand, but keep in mind NOT to overdo during the activity, because the pill will trick you into thinking you are doing better than you really are, but this way you wont hurt as bad after. But that should def. reduce your level of pain afterwards. Well, good luck with your exams and hope you get better and get good news!!

Monica

Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 PM

190 posts, read 462,941 times
Default Hello!!!!!!!!!!

Well hi there everyone!!! Well, today was my 3rd session of pt. I can def. see improvements of flexibilty. I have been doing my exercises (SO MANY) at home faithfully twice a day. Last week I had posted that I had gotten rid of the walker and the wheelchair, but unfortunately using only the cane (then) didnt last too long. I did put the wheelchair away, using it only at night to cook dinner, but the pain in my ankle after using just the cane was awful. So I did keep using the walker. But I have been steadily increasing the amount of time that I AM using just the cane, so as I keep being reminded, all is slow when it comes to this.

Well Christina,!!!!! I am SO happy to hear you made it to FLA!!!!!! That is just great and I bet it is just what you needed. All tha good southern sunshne will be just wonderful for you. I hope you will post some pics for us all who were stuk in the cold onto your profile! IS the boot working as well for you as you hoped?
I want to say hi to marinemeatball and Mr. Manuel (bikemessenger) Havent heard from you for a while and hope all is well...Also hi to Donny lee. How is PT woring out for you and how long have you been going for?

And seventysix, wow, that made my head hurt just reading what you're studying......

OK FOLKS, MORE FUN ON THE HORIZON!!!! TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE

1. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
2. Name the only vegetable that is never sold frozen, canned, or processed in any other form except fresh?
3. There is a brand of pear brandy that has a real pear inside the bottle. Do you know how they do it?
< Scroll down for the answers
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
1. Niagara Falls, due to erosion the edge is always moving backwards.
2. Lettuce.
3. While the pear is on the tree and still very tiny, the growers place a bottle over it and wire it in place. The pear then grows inside the bottle and when it is ready the pear is snipped off and BAM, pear in a bottle.

That's all folks! See you tommorow!!

Monica

Old 01-13-2009, 07:19 AM

9 posts, read 41,008 times
I've been in physical therapy since Dec. 9th. Twice a week. I do the exercises for my ankle and also exercises to improve the strength in my upper leg. Today I'm going to duke to meet with the OS. I'm praying he will release me to put weight on my leg again. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I really need to be moving forward. I need to get my old life back. I hope today will be a good day.

Donny

Old 01-13-2009, 01:16 PM

4 posts, read 11,541 times
Hi Terrorizer,

Could just be a fracture blister or something similar.

DRUG TIP - I am on painkillers called Tramadol at the mo working a treat!

Is there any brits on here missing football like crazy!!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:37 PM

29 posts, read 79,455 times
hod2008Whats a fracture blister?

Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 PM

8,676 posts, read 19,834,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyLee View Post
I've been in physical therapy since Dec. 9th. Twice a week. I do the exercises for my ankle and also exercises to improve the strength in my upper leg. Today I'm going to duke to meet with the OS. I'm praying he will release me to put weight on my leg again. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I really need to be moving forward. I need to get my old life back. I hope today will be a good day.

Donny
Donny, hang in there, you will get your life back as long as you don't rush things.

I can't say enough how crappy it is to be left with no life due to rushing things. I am paying for it for the rest of my life. You can't redo the past, remember that.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:32 PM

16 posts, read 74,699 times
i've been reading all the stories and here's mine. I drive a streetcar for the TTC in Toronto here and on Dec 31, just after midnught, I got off my streetcar to clean some ice off the windshield. I slipped and landed on my back in the middle of College St. and felt my ankle go in many different directions. Thankfully my passengers helped me back up onto my car in order to wait for an ambulance. I got taken to St. mike's hospital where a resident casted me up. I got home around 7 in the morning. An hour later, a doctor phoned me and told me to come back for surgery immediately. I got 8 screws and a steel plate implanted in my ankle. Plus i had no tendon so they created one for me also. I spent New yrs in the hospital with a prisoner from the don jail in the bed beside me. lots of fun.
anyways, I get my first cast taken off tomorrow and i guess some x-rays. then we'll go from there.
It's good to hear all your stories so i know what to expect.
Keep fighting

Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 PM

175 posts, read 595,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
hod2008Whats a fracture blister?
I have quite a few. One was outside the cast, but the other ones were underneath and when they cut the cast off the fracture blisters looked horrible. You can google some images to see if that is what you have.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 AM

9 posts, read 41,008 times
Alexthettcguy, Welcome to the hop along board. That how I refer to this forum. Your accident and surgery happened so fast. I guess most injuries do. Reading about everyone does help to make you realize you are not alone. How are you getting around? Do you have family or friends that can help you out? Good Luck at the doctor tomorrow, hope you hear positive news.

I met with the OS yesterday. I had this idea in my mind that he was going to tell me the breaks were healed and put weight on that leg and get to moving. Yeah right. Anyway, he did tell me that I can put weight on the leg. But it's still healing and pain will be the determining factor as to how much weight I will be able to put on my leg. He had no idea that he was talking to a grown person who has the pain tolerance of a toddler! I thought it hurt after the accident, well this toddler is going to have to grow up and wear some big girl pants because this is not what I expected. He doesn't give any time period. Just says that I'm healing well and that it's going to take more time and he will see me in 6 weeks. That's just not what I wanted to hear. I'm way too impatient. I've got a wonderful job that I NEED to be doing. I'm going stir crazy.

I run a small specialty plant nursery. The nursery owns me. I love working with plants and being able to work at my pace. I dont do it for money. I do it for the pleasure it has given me over the last 8 years. I have not been in the greenhouses since Oct. 11. It's time to sow seeds and repot all the cuttings and prune all the plants. I usually do this alone with weekend help from my husband. I've got to find someone to come in and start to working or everything will just fall down. I'm going to start hobbling down to the greenhouses and figure out what I can do and how. Today I have PT and hopefully they will give me some ideas on how to get my hands or hand free to do some work.

Anyone else having problems with being inside?

Donny

Old 01-14-2009, 11:44 AM

8,676 posts, read 19,834,693 times
Hey Donny, are you near Carla? Maybe she'd like to help?
I know I would if I was closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness