Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 03:18 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,889,808 times

Advertisements

Why can't you go to a doctor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 03:24 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
are you diabetic?
if you have tried what you said and still cannot solve the problem,then you need professional help,you have only one pair of eyes,do you want to turn into ONE EYE JACK?
I posted on this forum earlier of a lady who kept shopping for an answer for her eye problem,now she is blind in that eye.

Old 05-23-2022, 03:36 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
All the manipulation and fussing around you've done over the past 3 weeks () has probably irritated your eyelid more, resulting in inflammation, swelling, and possibly infection.
Seriously, WTF? Quit messing with it!!

How does it look? Is there any redness on either lid, tear ducts, sclera? Any discharge or extra tearing? Is it better or worse after sleeping? Do you wear contacts?

Start with plain saline, NOT Visine, and use that when you want to torture your eyeball. You could also get an eye patch to give your eye a break. If there is an infection, it would likely get worse even without all of your good intentions. Otherwise, it might just heal on its own if you leave it alone.

Just a reminder that this is your eyesight you're talking about. If you're cool with potentially losing vision, then don't bother with a doctor. Otherwise, start googling free health care (drives, pop-up clinics, etc.) to get it looked at.

Old 05-23-2022, 03:39 PM

253 posts, read 283,117 times
There is only one sentence in my original post that ends with a question mark. Can you find it? I didn't ask for medical advice. here. Why would I?

Old 05-23-2022, 03:40 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie11 View Post
>>> "If it was an option, I'd already have done it." <<<

Perhaps someone can clarify the point of this forum for me. Why would anyone post a health question here if they hadn't already exhausted all other options - including seeking medical treatment (for those who have such an option)? I was asking for experiences that others may have had.

Unless an OP asks some variation of "Do you think I should go see a doctor for this?" I can't think of anything someone would ask here where that would be a useful reply.
You'd be surprised how many posters don't "exhaust all other options" before asking questions here. A quick perusal of recent H&W threads ought to give you some idea. Or at least open your eyes (yes, pun intended).

Consider that many people resent paying a professional for any service when they think they can get it for free via SM. Free advice can be worth as much as you paid for it...that's nothing.

Others go through their lives expecting SM venues to do all their thinking for them. More and more people don't bother or even know how to search the web for information or how to filter and evaluate the information once they do find some. So, they throw out every question under the sun expecting some total stranger to solve their problem of the moment.

The sad fact is, no one here can examine your eye so given the limited information you supplied, can't really compare your situation to one they might have had. No one knows what happened to it originally or what details about you yourself might be contributing to the problem. No one here is an ophthalmologist. You've been mucking around with this for 3 weeks. Time to stop. Eyes are not very forgiving.

Last edited by Parnassia; 05-23-2022 at 04:55 PM..

Old 05-23-2022, 03:46 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie11 View Post
There is only one sentence in my original post that ends with a question mark. Can you find it? I didn't ask for medical advice. here. Why would I?
I did go back and find your "question". You asked how anyone's similar eye issue resolved itself. Well, I'll bet just about everyone here has gotten a foreign body in their eye at some point that resolved itself over a day or so. The fact that yours hasn't over 3 weeks is a screaming red flag that you need a professional's help. Anyone trying to compare a minor eye irritation that resolved itself to what you described is delusional.

Old 05-23-2022, 03:46 PM

253 posts, read 283,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
No one on here can give medical advice. There's a million different things that could be going on. The best advice is seeing a doctor. When your car breaks down do you bring it to a mechanic or post on a forum? When your house has a problem with the plumbing or electrical do you call a plumber or electrician or post on a forum after you've been sitting in the dark without water for 3 weeks? 3 weeks with a problem with an eye and it's swollen? Of course you should see a doctor. No one here can see your eye or know your medical history. Why can't/won't you see a doctor?
Yes, actually this is exactly what I have done for years. Except in every other forum and on every other online community and discussion board, people don't ignore the relevant information from the original posting when responding.

It must be nice to live in a world where there are no restrictions and you can do whatever you want. I would like to be able to ignore prices, for example but they are one of many parameters I have to stay within. So are the laws of physics, etc......

Do you remember that scene from Apollo 13 where they had to work to solve the problem with ONLY and EXACTLY what the crew in space had to work with? That must not have made much sense to the "Go to a doctor" crowd.

Old 05-23-2022, 03:54 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,613,185 times
Well you're not posting on here from Apollo 13, right? You still haven't said why you can't see a doctor. That's the best advise anyone here will have.

Old 05-23-2022, 04:10 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
Another one of those "I asked a question but don't want any of your answers" posts.

So sorry C-D isn't giving you what you want. Good luck on reddit.

Old 05-23-2022, 05:26 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
OP,
You do not mention your age, but, if you are over 50 it might be eye floaters. Happened to my left eye about 8 months after I had cataract surgery. Took about 3 months to start to feel better. It took about 6 months before they were no longer bothered my range of vision. Same thing happened to my right eye about 18 months after cataract surgery. Started about 2 months ago, but, this time I started getting flashes of light along with the floaters after a month. Called my eye doctor for an emergency appointment the next day - to be sure it was not associated with a retna detachment - which can be serious.

The retna was OK, you can sometimes get flashes of light with floaters. It can easily take 6 months for the floaters to settle out of your line of vision - so that you are not so bothered by them. Presently I am using over the counter single use refresh eye drops multiple times a day to keep the eye lubricated. Dry eyes make the eye feel worse so the refresh eye drops help temporarily.

I did go to my eye doctor for the left eye right away and determined it was eye floaters. At that time he said that if I experienced flashes of light as well to come back in immediately. So, when it happened eventually to my right eye I was not too concerned. As soon as the flashes of light started to happen in the right eye I knew enough to know I needed do get an emergency appointment to see him right away.

I do not mess around when it comes to my vision. So, another vote for getting in to see an eye doctor.

Floaters do not cause irritation

yes, go to an ophthalmologist (sorry)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness