Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 09:04 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times

Advertisements

My elderly mom, special needs brother,and myself finally got Covid...all 4 times vaxxed and have been careful...supposedly mild symptoms per a nurse I spoke with (no fevers, minimal sore throats, no loss of smell/taste etc.). Mostly just major stuffiness after about a week and a DEEP COUGH that we all have (which I hate) that really tires you out. Hear that can persist for a long while...hope it ends soon though.

Just wondering what your current Covid Symptoms are now for those who also have it with the current Omicron/BA 2-5 subvariants out there now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 09:45 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
My elderly mom, special needs brother,and myself finally got Covid...all 4 times vaxxed and have been careful...supposedly mild symptoms per a nurse I spoke with (no fevers, minimal sore throats, no loss of smell/taste etc.). Mostly just major stuffiness after about a week and a DEEP COUGH that we all have (which I hate) that really tires you out. Hear that can persist for a long while...hope it ends soon though.

Just wondering what your current Covid Symptoms are now for those who also have it with the current Omicron/BA 2-5 subvariants out there now...

Surprised no one replied to you.

My daughter had omicron in January, body aches and pains, fever, cough, congestion, throwing up, the runs, with BAD fatigue. She was down with symptoms, especially the fatigue for a good 3 weeks. She got it from her daughters father, helping him set my granddaughters bedroom up after moving. She came down with symptoms within days of helping him. I don't recall her saying that he was sick when she helped him. She has heart and lung issues. I'd bought her a blood oxygen tester when she was exposed to COVID back in October 2021, her levels never went down in January. It's a miracle she didn't get COVID from her friend in October since she's not vaccinated. The friend stayed at her house the whole weekend.

I had my grandson the weekend her daughters father exposed her. No school on Monday so he had a long weekend at my house. Brought him back late afternoon Monday. Tuesday morning my daughter called saying she thought she had COVID. I grabbed my grandson for a week. Picked her up to test the next Monday, she was feeling a little better so I gave her my grandson back. Her test came back positive, his negative. She calls me 2 mornings later, he needed to be rushed to the peds. He had it. After taking them to the peds, I started with symptoms. He also had symptoms about 2 weeks, with the fatigue especially bad.

They're not vaccinated, I had one J&J vaccine. I had every symptom they did but my PCR was negative which makes no sense, symptoms started within days of exposure, same as their symptoms started within days of exposure. I kick myself for not seeing my GP to run testing to see if it was a false negative.

I know my granddaughters father had at least one vaccine. I'm not sure how sick he got. He has a 17 year old daughter, I'm not sure if she was vaccinated or if she got omicron too. I don't think my 5 year old granddaughter got it from him, I haven't heard that she's been vaccinated either. He has custody.

I'll say one thing about omicron, my state says quarantine for 5 days which is not long enough since my daughter got my grandson sick after day 5.

Old 07-04-2022, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Surprised no one replied to you.

My daughter had omicron in January, body aches and pains, fever, cough, congestion, throwing up, the runs, with BAD fatigue. She was down with symptoms, especially the fatigue for a good 3 weeks. She got it from her daughters father, helping him set my granddaughters bedroom up after moving. She came down with symptoms within days of helping him. I don't recall her saying that he was sick when she helped him. She has heart and lung issues. I'd bought her a blood oxygen tester when she was exposed to COVID back in October 2021, her levels never went down in January. It's a miracle she didn't get COVID from her friend in October since she's not vaccinated. The friend stayed at her house the whole weekend.

I had my grandson the weekend her daughters father exposed her. No school on Monday so he had a long weekend at my house. Brought him back late afternoon Monday. Tuesday morning my daughter called saying she thought she had COVID. I grabbed my grandson for a week. Picked her up to test the next Monday, she was feeling a little better so I gave her my grandson back. Her test came back positive, his negative. She calls me 2 mornings later, he needed to be rushed to the peds. He had it. After taking them to the peds, I started with symptoms. He also had symptoms about 2 weeks, with the fatigue especially bad.

They're not vaccinated, I had one J&J vaccine. I had every symptom they did but my PCR was negative which makes no sense, symptoms started within days of exposure, same as their symptoms started within days of exposure. I kick myself for not seeing my GP to run testing to see if it was a false negative.

I know my granddaughters father had at least one vaccine. I'm not sure how sick he got. He has a 17 year old daughter, I'm not sure if she was vaccinated or if she got omicron too. I don't think my 5 year old granddaughter got it from him, I haven't heard that she's been vaccinated either. He has custody.

I'll say one thing about omicron, my state says quarantine for 5 days which is not long enough since my daughter got my grandson sick after day 5.
Appreciate your reply...elderly mom still does aerobics 3x/week...has been outside last few years while new inside aerobics room rebuilt. They have been inside now (nobody wears masks) last week or so...I think she caught it there. Will make her wear mask from now on (she doesn't want to be only one)..will see if can still do outside and talk to teacher/management there pronto...may have to find another gym? Luckily we are all vaccinated...still sucks...about 10 days out all stuffed up with deep coughs. Thanks again for your reply!

Old 07-05-2022, 06:37 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
I've had 4 shots too and got the virus. I've been feeling achy, my hips, lower back, neck and shoulder but I don't know if this is due to covid or if I just twisted something since I've had this for about 10 days now. I took a home test on Sunday and it was positive so I went to an urgent care on Monday and they retested positive and they gave me Paxlovid and told me to buy Coricidin for the cold/cough part.

My major symptoms since Saturday the 2nd, they are easing up as I type this on the 5th:

Back/hip/shoulder/neck aches, might not be covid, could be just be coincidental
Congestion
Runny nose
Awful dry deep cough making my ribs hurt
Headache - not constant thankfully

I have not lost my sense of taste or smell.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I've had 4 shots too and got the virus. I've been feeling achy, my hips, lower back, neck and shoulder but I don't know if this is due to covid or if I just twisted something since I've had this for about 10 days now. I took a home test on Sunday and it was positive so I went to an urgent care on Monday and they retested positive and they gave me Paxlovid and told me to buy Coricidin for the cold/cough part.

My major symptoms since Saturday the 2nd, they are easing up as I type this on the 5th:

Back/hip/shoulder/neck aches, might not be covid, could be just be coincidental
Congestion
Runny nose
Awful dry deep cough making my ribs hurt
Headache - not constant thankfully

I have not lost my sense of taste or smell.
Similar for us but mostly lots of congestion, post nasal drip, and the fricken relentless COUGH!...with some residual ear fullness. Another gym mate confessed she had covid 3 days before my mom...they were in that new small inside, low ceiling, poorly ventilated "new" terrible aerobics room all maskless?! Frustrated that just one time like this is all it takes, but at least we are getting much better now. Anyways...taking mom out if that club (bummer since she's been there forever) since no more outdoor workouts...a much better (more ventilated) very high ceiling aerobics room at the local senior center. Also,they have yoga at the beach outdoors...mom may do that 3x/week now.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:53 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,763,844 times
My mom tested positive about a week ago and thought she had a sinus infection one day 1, which prompted her to see a dr. She went to Urgent Care and a PCR came back positive. She's vaxxed and double boosted. She said by day 3 all muscles and joints below her hips hurt and she was very fatigued. Overall, she's in excellent health for her mid-60s. She and my dad immediately went to separate areas of their small home and wore masks at all times. Both wiped down everything they touched and washed all their separate linens each day.

Thankfully, he has tested negative on daily home tests and PCR at mom's day 2, day 5, and day 7 (he has a multitude of health concerns).

She is still testing positive on PCR as of day 7 but said she feels back to 100%

Old 07-06-2022, 07:05 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
My cough has changed from a dry cough to a "productive" one.
I also have an awful taste in my mouth.

This is lingering longer than I want it to. At least I'm not in the hospital or morgue!

Old 07-06-2022, 07:17 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Recovering now.
It started with a headache, body aches, tired.
Fever for 1 day. Slept alot, didn't eat, lazy for 5 days.
Now 2 weeks later I have a deep cough that just won't go away.
Taking musinex, vitamins c, d , and zinc.
I hate this cough, but glad it's over and I didn't pass it to someone else

Old 07-06-2022, 08:30 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
I had the original and two variants. The last was in April. Also had a variant in 10/2021.

The original was bad. I was an RN during the early days of the outbreak charging an ICU converted into the COVID ICU. Very sick for several weeks (3 ?)High fevers (100.5°F-102.5°F), no appetite, delirium, low oxygen sats(82%-90%) with high heart rate (110-130). I took 2-3 months to get any kind of motivation or drive to be active. Never hospitalized (I refused).

In 10/21 I was sick for 5-6 days, lethargic, fever for 36 hours <101°, active cough but not very productive. Started with body aches for the first 24hrs.

04/22 Started with body aches but didn't persist >36hrs. Fever within the first 12 hours up to 101°F which persisted 4-5 days. Nasal congestion early on that was pretty pronounced for the first 3-4 days. Cough after the 4th day with increasing congestion in the lungs. Really rattled at times. Hard to produce sputum with the cough despite the Mucinex. On day 7 I had a 6 month doctor visit that happened to coincide with the illness. Once there I got rocephin 1gram injection along with a steroid injection Meds included a script for steroids (oral) and antibiotic (oral). Did a chest Xray too (I was still rattling pretty badly). It took another 5-6 days for the cough to go away. I was pretty ill.

Thru all three bouts the symptoms were similar just differing degrees of those symptoms. I'm not vaxxed.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
My cough has changed from a dry cough to a "productive" one.
I also have an awful taste in my mouth.

This is lingering longer than I want it to. At least I'm not in the hospital or morgue!
Same here...no awful taste but more white mucus coming up and this fricken tiring COUGH 12 days out now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness