Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 08:26 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

I'll start off saying, I've never gotten sick w/ COVID nor anything else since COVID started. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was sick w/ a cold/flu, but it was LONG ago. I've taken vitamins my entire life & even more dilligently & tweaking what I take the last several yrs. I've never been vaccinated, by the way.

Been extremely careful since day 1 of COVID to this day...in addition to mask-wearing, still wiping down store shopping carts & groceries when I bring them into the house before they're put away in the cupboards & fridge. When I go to the bank ATM or gas pumps, I use a hand wipe wrapped around my finger or the tip of my key when I press those nasty buttons OR I'll just immediate wipe my hands right after.

Haven't been out of the house 1-2 days before this happened & don't really see anyone.

THEN...

I don't know what happened, but I started getting a sore throat out of the blue Thurs evening & later that evening, felt a fever coming on & it was high all night & felt pretty miserable. I increased certain vitamins (C = 2050 mg total , D3 20,000 IU total, 1 oil of oregano tablet) & tried to drink lots of water. Also slept all night w/ cold towels on my body. Temp was as high as 103.

Fri, it was at 99.9, but up to 102.8 again. I napped & put cold or frozen towels on again. Took 2 Tylenols too.

Sat I ate a little chicken noodle soup (amogst some other food) that they always say to eat when you're sick.

Now today (Sun) is day 3 & current temp's 97.8 & I'd say I feel pretty much back to normal. Anyone know what in the world that could have been? I really don't think it was COVID. I'd think I would have felt a lot worse. I do have those 15-min at-home tests, but never used it (but thought about it). My breathing & sense of taste was always good. Was able to purely rest these few days & still slept through the whole nights. Never really any coughing.

Possible ONLY culprits that I can think of:

1) On Wed (the day before I got sick), I did have to have my apt complex maintenance man fix something in which he was here about several min & we BOTH wore masks. AS I think back, there was probably 8 seconds when we were standing closer than I'd liked.

He has to go in & out of numerous people homes, so I don't know if I caught it from him. Maybe he was getting over being sick not so long ago.

2) Also on Wed, got takeout food in which I ALWAYS wipe down every to-go container w/ alcohol before diving into the food. After eating the food on the 1st day, didn't feel anything much, but it seems like clockwork that kind of right after I ate the leftover of the food on Thurs, I started getting that sore throat & soon after a fever.

I hope none of the kitchen staff was getting over being sick or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2022, 10:18 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
We just had covid and it was much less than what you had. We didn't have fevers or sore throats, just an occasional cough and more fatigue. The variants going around now are extremely mild for most people.

I don't understand why you wouldn't just do your covid tests. Why have them if you don't use them?

Frankly, I'm glad we got it, now we have additional immunity. And it wasn't bad AT ALL. Even my 84 year old mom had a very mild case.

Old 07-03-2022, 10:39 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Your symptoms sound like Covid. You can get tested to find out if you have the antibodies, i.e., had Covid in the past.

If you test positive for Covid, you can get medications that make it less dangerous, but it has to be in the first couple of days. But if you're so in denial that you won't even take the test you have on hand...

Old 07-03-2022, 12:06 PM

17,536 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Did yo ever think about getting tested or seeing your Doc?

How can we help you????

Old 07-03-2022, 05:05 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
I appreciate your comments guys! Just took the at-home test just now & it was negative.

Old 07-04-2022, 11:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I appreciate your comments guys! Just took the at-home test just now & it was negative.

You should really get a PCR test because if it was omicron, you may not test positive, my daughter and grandson had negative rapid tests but PCR was positive.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:32 AM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
We just had covid and it was much less than what you had. We didn't have fevers or sore throats, just an occasional cough and more fatigue. The variants going around now are extremely mild for most people.

I don't understand why you wouldn't just do your covid tests. Why have them if you don't use them?

Frankly, I'm glad we got it, now we have additional immunity. And it wasn't bad AT ALL. Even my 84 year old mom had a very mild case.
My 87 year old mom has it now (and gave it to me and brother). I think she got it from aerobics class...they just moved inside...nobody masking up. Will make her do so now...or see if can still do outside...talk to management...maybe join a different gym? All vaccinated, no fevers, sore throats either, but still stuffed up with deep tiring coughs 10 days out. Will look for safer aerobics alternatives for mom too. Any suggestions appreciated as is important for her to stay active!

Old 07-05-2022, 12:40 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
My 87 year old mom has it now (and gave it to me and brother). I think she got it from aerobics class...they just moved inside...nobody masking up. Will make her do so now...or see if can still do outside...talk to management...maybe join a different gym? All vaccinated, no fevers, sore throats either, but still stuffed up with deep tiring coughs 10 days out. Will look for safer aerobics alternatives for mom too. Any suggestions appreciated as is important for her to stay active!

Can she do them at home using you tube and a TV?

I just replied to you in another thread, ask her doctor if she could get omicron again. I assume that is what you guys have because if the answer is yes, masking will not help.

Omicron is very contagious, striking within a few days of being infected, I'm talking two to three days. You're also contagious longer than 5 days from personal experience.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:18 AM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Can she do them at home using you tube and a TV?

I just replied to you in another thread, ask her doctor if she could get omicron again. I assume that is what you guys have because if the answer is yes, masking will not help.

Omicron is very contagious, striking within a few days of being infected, I'm talking two to three days. You're also contagious longer than 5 days from personal experience.
She only does aerobics 3x/week...not much else...still drives there...a few friends also in 80's there...I think it really keeps her going...the socialization aspect good too. She doesn't really use computer...maybe TV thing? I've seen a group doing outside yoga...may look into that? Feel much more comfortable if she can do something outside. Will ask her doctor about omicron. She also was at a few doctor appointments (masked up though) the week She caught it (on the 24th)...still think aerobics most likely spot got it. She wants to go back in a few days 12 days out. Will decide soon...thanks for the reply!

Old 07-05-2022, 07:06 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
She only does aerobics 3x/week...not much else...still drives there...a few friends also in 80's there...I think it really keeps her going...the socialization aspect good too. She doesn't really use computer...maybe TV thing? I've seen a group doing outside yoga...may look into that? Feel much more comfortable if she can do something outside. Will ask her doctor about omicron. She also was at a few doctor appointments (masked up though) the week She caught it (on the 24th)...still think aerobics most likely spot got it. She wants to go back in a few days 12 days out. Will decide soon...thanks for the reply!
Let her do her aerobics and see her friends. Now that she's had omicron hopefully she has more immunity. How great that she's doing aerobics and staying strong. Good for her.

When we got it last month, along with 20+ friends and family, a few tried to figure out who was patient zero. You know what, it doesn't matter, it's in the air, this is super contagious and thankfully extremely mild for most. No way am I going to make someone feel guilty because they were the unlucky one who got it first, probably at a busy airport, and spread it without knowing. Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness