U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 03:19 PM

4,574 posts, read 2,853,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
What medicine are you referring to?

I said meclizine, a motion sickness pill which I took for a couple days for dizziness/wooziness.

Quote:
I know this thread was originally about those who received the J&J shot, I got Phizer, granddaughter got Moderna.

Its still about the JJ shot. There are tons of threads about other vaccines and threads about general covid symptoms
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 03:35 PM

1,193 posts, read 645,279 times
ok, my eyes must be affected too!

Old 08-08-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Wow, 15 days! I haven't tested again.

I don't think most people test again. There was someone on another thread who tested positive for 18 days. The only reason I am testing is because I presumably won't be catching covid again in the 6 weeks before this pile of free tests (courtesy of my employer...whom I also received covid courtsey of...) expires.

I didn't test yesterday but today is my first negative test. However I felt kind of woozy after a couple days at altitude so I took another meclizine today, which I haven't needed in a while. But I'm negative now, on Day 17, hurray.

I have 3 tests left though...haha

Old 08-09-2022, 07:11 AM

8,116 posts, read 4,364,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieosage View Post
I didn't even know J&J had a booster. Anyway it took a lot for me to get the one shot. I was very leery of getting a new shot no one really knew much about. Anyway, I survived and got through it. I still have no smell and still blowing my nose a lot. By the way my youngest had both shots and 2 boosters and has still had Covid twice. I know it doesn't stop Covid but the first time she had little to no symptoms. The 2nd time she was very sick for a week.

I don't think any of us really know the long term effects of either Covid or any vaccine/ booster.
A "booster" is just an additional shot since your original vaccine regimen (which would have been 1 shot of J&J or 2 shots of Pfizer/Moderna). A "booster" shot has been approved for everyone 5 and older at this point. An "additional" booster has been approved for those 50 and older.

Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J are authorized to be given as boosters (regardless of which one you had as you original), although at this point, the country no longer has much supply of J&J, so it would be difficult to find.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:17 AM

8,116 posts, read 4,364,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
What medicine are you referring to? I know this thread was originally about those who received the J&J shot, I got Phizer, granddaughter got Moderna. Now we both have Covid! She started with symptoms about a day before I did. I woke up Saturday morning with headache and nasty sore throat...fortunately, those symptoms only lasted a day....but then on to the congestion/cough/fever/fatigue. Panicked when granddaughter's temp hit 103.4....took her to ER, which was a complete joke...but that's another thread. Anyway, by the time they checked her vitals, it had gone down to 99.8...guess I should have given the ibuprofen more time to work. Right now, (day 4 for her, day 3 for me) both temps are down to normal, still some congestion/cough, but improving. The really nasty symptom for us both the last 12 hours or so has been really bad diarrhea! Sorry to be graphic...has anyone else experienced this as a symptom? Hoping that part of it is over! Also worried because a side effect of Paxlovid is apparently diarrhea and vomiting. Still no response from my doc...I e-mailed her yesterday. Health care in this country is a disaster....that's my take on the whole thing!
Even thought this is veering off of the thread topic, as a PSA, pharmacists can prescribe Paxlovid. If you are in a higher risk category (age, chronic condition, etc.) and can't get a hold of your PCP, I call your local pharmacy and explain that you have tested positive, can't get a hold of you PCP, and want to determine if you are eligible to receive Paxlovid.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:43 AM

1,193 posts, read 645,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Even thought this is veering off of the thread topic, as a PSA, pharmacists can prescribe Paxlovid. If you are in a higher risk category (age, chronic condition, etc.) and can't get a hold of your PCP, I call your local pharmacy and explain that you have tested positive, can't get a hold of you PCP, and want to determine if you are eligible to receive Paxlovid.
And let me apologize in advance for further going off topic, but heard back from my doc's office....given generic advice about resting, drinking plenty of fluids, taking fever reducers...then asked about antiviral meds....was told their office doesn't prescribe them???!!!! Why the hell not? That was basically my follow up question, although stated more politely. Thanks for letting me know I could get from the pharmacist...but at this point, the worst seems to be over...no fever for a couple of days, but experiencing night sweats, which I see via Dr. Google are a new/common symptom of BA5. Pretty much just lingering congestion/fatigue at this point.

Old 08-09-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post

I didn't test yesterday but today is my first negative test.

Acccccccctuuuuuuallly....I looked at it a while later and there was a very faint positive line...lol. So still positive at Day 17. I will wait till Day 19 to take another test.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:31 PM

Day 19, covid free! Not a trace this time. I took the bike ride that made me woozy last time and was fine. My sense of smell has been back to normal for a good while. All systems go, and ready for Covid Round 2, which I hope doesn't happen for at least 2 more years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness