U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 02:57 PM

699 posts, read 225,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I seem to gradually be getting better each day, thank God & thank you too, posters! No chest congested feeling here. It was the minor mucous in the throat feeling for me, but that seems to be gone since the other day or so. I've stopped spitting, it seems. The last 2 nights, I've been drinking 2 cups of tea of a different type in addition to the extra vit. C & D3, etc. I rubbed a little Vick's VapoRub on my chest/front neck 2 nights ago. I didn't really see any improvement using that...well, perhaps a tad, so I guess I'll do it again.

How long do you guys take Mucinex before you see that it's not helping? I'd think a full 7 days is a good amount of days to really give it a fair chance, yes?

RamenAddict, no nasal rinsing done. You mean w/ that netti pot thing? That's something I never got.
Mucinex helps quickly, the same day you take it. If you've been taking it for a day or two and it's not working... it's not working. But all it does is liquify the mucus, so if you don't really have any, there is no reason to take Mucinex.

Your symptoms all sound like a very mild case of Covid to me. An antigen or PCR test at this point would be pointless, as it will come out negative almost certainly. You could have an antibody test if you wanted to know for sure.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2022, 08:38 PM

11,336 posts, read 12,529,506 times
I was pretty good today! Thank you very much again, guys!

Thanks SharonMB! If Mucinex is supposed to have fast results, I'll definitely stop after 1 last pill today in which I would have taken it for 7 days. I'll just continue my teas, warm water w/ drop of organic essential oregano oil (gargle & an actual swallow or two), vitains D3, liposomal C, & others, maybe more Vick's vapoRub, etc.

Deserterer, not yet!

Old 08-13-2022, 09:05 PM

905 posts, read 796,699 times
Could be environmental even if not an 'allergy'. I've experienced a persistent cough for a few months every summer for the past few years...ever since I started gardening in earnest. For me, it could be the plants...the allergy tests don't cover everything. I'd say the majority of my plants weren't identified on the tests, and that doesn't even begin to address what might be floating in the air from my neighbor's yard.

It could be the soil. I garden in urban parkways, and who knows what it contains. Probably antifreeze and concrete dust. Snow melt for sure. Definitely ingredients that aren't going to appear on an allergy test.

It could be what I put on the garden. I use mulch from a free city pile, and again, who knows what might be mixed in with it.

The same could be said for anyone and their environment. Could be your laundry detergent or your dusty ceiling fan blades or the cleaning wipes you keep in your car.

Like others said though, it could be something serious. A cough was the only symptom my father had of prostate cancer. Try to keep a diary and note when the cough is worse, and check with your doctor.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:47 PM

I made a dr appt for next week, 8/24. At this point, it's minor, yet lingering cough that's been going on for 3 wks now & at times I have to spit (but no more than 2 or 3x/day).

(I was pretty shocked that when I md the appt that the receptionist didn't say that I needed a neg COVID test 48 hrs before the appt or anything like that.)

Old 08-15-2022, 05:57 PM

18,496 posts, read 12,066,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I made a dr appt for next week, 8/24. At this point, it's minor, yet lingering cough that's been going on for 3 wks now & at times I have to spit (but no more than 2 or 3x/day).

(I was pretty shocked that when I md the appt that the receptionist didn't say that I needed a neg COVID test 48 hrs before the appt or anything like that.)
None of the medical appointments I've had over the previous year or more have required negative Covid tests ahead of time. Some still asked Covid screening questions or required a mask, others didn't. If they want to test you for Covid, they'll do it at the appointment. Did you ever test for yourself?

Old 08-17-2022, 12:03 AM

699 posts, read 2,783,974 times
I had covid in June. Tested positive, felt like I had the worst flu ever, fever,body aches headache and loss of smell. My doctor prescribed anti-virus medication and it definitely helped with symptoms .
It never developed into anything else and I believe the paxlovid helped with my recovery. Two
weeks later I tested negative in order to do dental surgery.

This week I was scheduled for a procedure and hospital required a covid test. I was shocked to have a positive result and I then had to cancel the procedure. I thought it was a false positive so I had the test done today and I was still positive. However, in the meantime, I did 3 different at home tests .....all negative.
Anyone know why this is happening. and should I notify anyone that this can happen
Two positive and 3 negative tests within a week..

Old 08-17-2022, 02:04 AM

655 posts, read 562,938 times
I've found several effective remedies -for several different problems over the years- on earthclinic.com. So, you might want to check it out, too.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
I had covid in June. Tested positive, felt like I had the worst flu ever, fever,body aches headache and loss of smell. My doctor prescribed anti-virus medication and it definitely helped with symptoms .
It never developed into anything else and I believe the paxlovid helped with my recovery. Two

This week I was scheduled for a procedure and hospital required a covid test. I was shocked to have a positive result and I then had to cancel the procedure. I thought it was a false positive so I had the test done today and I was still positive. However, in the meantime, I did 3 different at home tests .....all negative.
Anyone know why this is happening. and should I notify anyone that this can happen

All I can think of is, how cautious are you in your daily living, your routines, when out & about & do you take any kind of vitamins, etc. to help w/ immunity? Are you seeing friends, family, have anyone over, etc. in person? I live w/ 1 person, but we literally see no one except my mom about every several mos & she sees no other fam members, doesn't have people over, or anything. & none of us work outside the home either. We still wear masks & are just as extremely cautious since day 1, keeping distance, wiping things down as well as hands when out too. I've been taking a numerous amount of vitamins pretty much my entire life. I try to go as holistic w/ remedies, etc. as possible.

I'm not saying you have to be be like me, but maybe if you're nowhere near that, maybe be a little more cautious. Socially, my life is no different from pre-COVID, except I do see my mom less, but we've talked on the phone daily forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp View Post
I've found several effective remedies -for several different problems over the years- on earthclinic.com. So, you might want to check it out, too.

Thanks, I'll take a look around that site!

Old 08-17-2022, 08:53 AM

7,663 posts, read 5,681,064 times
Quote:

Many people who take paxlovid test positive again. My sister did. I believe they call it rebound covid. That's one reason some people won't take it.

Old 08-17-2022, 09:08 AM

3,627 posts, read 3,489,491 times
Quote:

If you were on Paxlovid, maybe it's the rebound effect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness