Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 10:57 AM

12,664 posts, read 14,803,401 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much again for taking the time to comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I suggest taking actual Manuka honey which might have a more powerful effect. I have used this one to get rid of a chronic cough within 48 hours using a teaspoon 3x/day

https://www.iherb.com/pr/manuka-heal...oz-250-g/59631

An herbal cough syrup might help and Gaia is a good brand.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/gaia-herbs-...z-160-ml/12001

Since I'm all about holistic remedies, I'd definitely try these items, thanks a lot! (A medical-grade manuka honey gel is what I topically apply to my HS skin condition wounds.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
SilverSol is colloidal silver. Great on burns. Useless for anything else and can turn your skin and the whites of your eyes permanently blue if you ingest it daily long-term (no joke - look it up).

For allergies - make sure you get a blood test from a licensed physician (as opposed to a chiropractor or naturopath). There are blood tests that non-physicans run, that return the same results on everyone: eggs, wheat, dairy, string beans, and liver. It's not possible for EVERY patient to be allergic to the same things, and it's been proven that some people who had no allergies at all, were told they were allergic to these things.

Yes, thanks a lot! The last time I took a food allergy blood test about ordered from an actual doctor, it showed allergy of certain amount to wheat, corn, shellfish, dairy, etc. too, but those foods had never affected me all that time in my life as far as I could tell (like no odd or bad reactions, etc.). I agree that how can so many people be allergic to just a handful of several ingredients?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Funny because I had similar with a lung x-ray about the same time. Mine was on an MRI for over a year then went away right before COVID. I was due to go back in June 2020 but haven't.

I'm still dealing with acid reflux, nothing really helps, so yes, I have the cough where I still bring stuff up.

Keep after the doctor to run tests

Isn't that something?! Re: acid reflux, I think I get that from time to time, like if I eat too late &/or heavily before going to bed, but I've never had to see a dr about it specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 12:09 PM

88,136 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I appreciate your comments guys! I'm definitely going to get to the bottom of this!

Mightyqueen801, I'm sorry I didn't reply re: your comment sooner. It's new to me, so I didn't remember that oximeter was what it's called & I know at my dr's office, they do that every time when they weigh me & take my blood pressure. I had to look up whaty the danger zone is again & it's being BELOW 95. Mine was 97/98 when I jsut tested myself just now. My mom got it for me a while back. It's a Medline brand one.

ss20ts, when I knew I was going to have bloodwork done soon, I had called my dr's office a couple days after saying I wanted a food allergy test because I wanted to test for something else too, but didn't just say plain, "allergy". I don't think they put it in that bloodwork order anyway & I'm surprised my dr didn't just go ahead & want to test for it since I was getting bloodwork done.

Roselvr, you saw my reply about the oximeter above & I know I'll have to probe more into this & will ask for more tests, allergy test, lung x-ray, etc. & re: mask-wearing, I never stopped 1x whenever I go out since 2.5 yrs ago.

After reading your reply in the, "OTC medicine for sinus congestion" thread, thanks so much for taking the time to post all that! Yes, a seeingly harmless (or not) cough can be the starting symptom for a whole array of health ailments, so I do want to check further into this & I hope your health gets better too OR is these days!
My bf has lung cancer. The nurse came by and checked his blood oxygen the other day. 97. He has no cough and no pain. We just know the cancer is there because it showed up on a CT scan while they were looking to see why he was having neurological issues, otherwise he would still not know.

Yes, there are a lot of things this cough could be from. Allergies is a good guess.

Old 09-26-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My bf has lung cancer. The nurse came by and checked his blood oxygen the other day. 97. He has no cough and no pain. We just know the cancer is there because it showed up on a CT scan while they were looking to see why he was having neurological issues, otherwise he would still not know.

Yes, there are a lot of things this cough could be from. Allergies is a good guess.

Thanks for replying & so sorry about your BF. I know not everyone who has lung cancer is/was a smoker, but is/was he? (I never smoked ever...drinking either.)

I've kind of been tkg the Sudafed much less lately & even less w/ the 1x/day Zyrtec & my cough hasn't worsened, but still kind of there so far. That URGE to cough is lessening, I think, so that's good. It might very gradually be going away. If it's pretty nonexistent in 2-3 more wks, should I still try to do allergy tests just to see? I may not. Someone I know at work said his mother coughed for no reason & it lasted 6 mos, then stopped as mysteriously as it came.

Anyway, I'll post back again.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:26 PM

88,136 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
Thanks for replying & so sorry about your BF. I know not everyone who has lung cancer is/was a smoker, but is/was he? (I never smoked ever...drinking either.)

I've kind of been tkg the Sudafed much less lately & even less w/ the 1x/day Zyrtec & my cough hasn't worsened, but still kind of there so far. That URGE to cough is lessening, I think, so that's good. It might very gradually be going away. If it's pretty nonexistent in 2-3 more wks, should I still try to do allergy tests just to see? I may not. Someone I know at work said his mother coughed for no reason & it lasted 6 mos, then stopped as mysteriously as it came.

Anyway, I'll post back again.
Yep, he smoked. Quit 15 years ago after a heart attack. I am a former smoker, too. Never know what damage was done. Guess I will find out eventually.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:16 PM

Since I'm posting, it seems my cough's gradually going away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yep, he smoked. Quit 15 years ago after a heart attack. I am a former smoker, too. Never know what damage was done. Guess I will find out eventually.

I see, thanks for replying. hopefully, you're not faced w/ anything too serious down the road.

Old 09-30-2022, 03:42 AM

23,803 posts, read 33,292,662 times
Quote:
Thanks so much again for taking the time to comment!

Since I'm all about holistic remedies, I'd definitely try these items, thanks a lot! (A medical-grade manuka honey gel is what I topically apply to my HS skin condition wounds.)

Yes, thanks a lot! The last time I took a food allergy blood test about ordered from an actual doctor, it showed allergy of certain amount to wheat, corn, shellfish, dairy, etc. too, but those foods had never affected me all that time in my life as far as I could tell (like no odd or bad reactions, etc.). I agree that how can so many people be allergic to just a handful of several ingredients?

Isn't that something?! Re: acid reflux, I think I get that from time to time, like if I eat too late &/or heavily before going to bed, but I've never had to see a dr about it specifically.

If you've had acid reflux before, it's possible that is what your cough is like mine. An ANT can easily scope you to see if your throat is inflamed from it.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
If you've had acid reflux before, it's possible that is what your cough is like mine. An ANT can easily scope you to see if your throat is inflamed from it.

I haven't suffered w/ acid reflux in a long time now. I sure never took any kind of meds for it. These days, my cough's nowhere close to being so bad where it hinders my daily duties, causes a sore throat, &/or is embarrassing. That urge to cough at random times seems to have diminished, thank God! I'll still do the best I can (drinks teas, etc.) I've kind of stopped tkg the Sudafed & Zyrtec.

I still had md a GP appt for 10/19, which I may have to see her about another matter too again (ankle/foot issue).

Old 10-04-2022, 04:42 AM

Quote:
I haven't suffered w/ acid reflux in a long time now. I sure never took any kind of meds for it. These days, my cough's nowhere close to being so bad where it hinders my daily duties, causes a sore throat, &/or is embarrassing. That urge to cough at random times seems to have diminished, thank God! I'll still do the best I can (drinks teas, etc.) I've kind of stopped tkg the Sudafed & Zyrtec.

I still had md a GP appt for 10/19, which I may have to see her about another matter too again (ankle/foot issue).

I've never felt like I have acid reflux, except for a few times but it's chronic I guess at this point.

Old 10-30-2022, 07:08 AM

Quote:

I was in a thread that you replied to about your "asthma" which is something similar that also happens to me with the breathing. I do keep ventoline around just in case.

In one of your threads, a few people mentioned acid reflux to you. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to see the ENT to be scoped to see if you do have acid reflux that doesn't really give you symptoms like acid reflux, it comes to you with a breathing issue or a cough like with me. Having the ENT scope is a routine office visit. They could also do the voice box test and maybe the swallow test which would tell them.

I have a new symptom which is gut burning. Prilosec doesn't help. I bought the cheapest acid reflux med at Walmart, works wonders lol

Old 10-30-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I was in a thread that you replied to about your "asthma" which is something similar that also happens to me with the breathing. I do keep ventoline around just in case.

In one of your threads, a few people mentioned acid reflux to you. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to see the ENT to be scoped to see if you do have acid reflux that doesn't really give you symptoms like acid reflux, it comes to you with a breathing issue or a cough like with me. Having the ENT scope is a routine office visit. They could also do the voice box test and maybe the swallow test which would tell them.

I have a new symptom which is gut burning. Prilosec doesn't help. I bought the cheapest acid reflux med at Walmart, works wonders lol

Thanks for your suggestion. If I really have to, I will, but I have enough to deal w/ these days w/ my foot/ankle issues now.

So far, my GP is giving me an order for a CT chest scan since I told her my cough still isn't quite over. As slowly as the offic staff moves, I probably won't get it for another few wks.

BTW, I'll be changing health insurances. I currently have HealthNet Silver 94 Ambetter HMO & pay $25/mo, but my Mom wants me to have better & offered to pay $200 hundred something a month. We'll see what's out there. (I don't get health benefits through my jobs.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness