U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2022, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis, East Side
2,788 posts, read 1,784,550 times
Reputation: 7508

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
That link only shows that people were arrested for trespassing. It says nothing about "being out and about."


Got anything better?
"Officers arrested 32 people for disobeying a lawful order, demonstrating without a permit and resisting or delaying a police officer, the California Highway Patrol said."
https://www.kcra.com/article/demonst...pitol/32346364

Remember the lady in Pennsylvania who was ticketed for driving alone in her car? The paddle boarder on the ocean by himself who was arrested in Los Angeles? Fines for sitting in your car watching the sunset?

Is this really the first time you're hearing about any of this?

https://reason.com/2020/04/22/corona...at-go-too-far/
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...paddle-boarde/
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...at-home-orders
Rate this post positively

 
Old 08-13-2022, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis, East Side
2,788 posts, read 1,784,550 times
Reputation: 7508
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
That's...bold.But will it treat you the same?Actually, it's the unvaccinated who have been responsible for the variants, not the other way around. Please stop spreading misinformation.
From the article (published last year):

Quote:
Experts say the uptick in COVID-19 cases is happening largely because of the number of people who remain unvaccinated.

“They play a huge role. If everyone is vaccinated, eventually infections drop to zero and so do variants,“ Parikh said.


By the way, this was a week after Iceland's Chief Epidemiologist said, "it has become clear that vaccinated people can easily contract it as well as spread it to others."
https://www.icelandreview.com/societ...pidemiologist/

Please stop spreading misinformation!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-13-2022, 02:41 PM
 
4,658 posts, read 2,905,827 times
Reputation: 9386
Wait, aren't conservatives the law and order team?



Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
"Officers arrested 32 people for disobeying a lawful order, demonstrating without a permit and resisting or delaying a police officer, the California Highway Patrol said."
https://www.kcra.com/article/demonst...pitol/32346364

Remember the lady in Pennsylvania who was ticketed for driving alone in her car? The paddle boarder on the ocean by himself who was arrested in Los Angeles? Fines for sitting in your car watching the sunset?

Is this really the first time you're hearing about any of this?

https://reason.com/2020/04/22/corona...at-go-too-far/
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...paddle-boarde/
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...at-home-orders
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-13-2022, 03:04 PM
 
4,959 posts, read 4,105,817 times
Reputation: 4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
From the article (published last year):
By the way, this was a week after Iceland's Chief Epidemiologist said, "it has become clear that vaccinated people can easily contract it as well as spread it to others."
https://www.icelandreview.com/societ...pidemiologist/
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here - other than maybe my point with the following:
Quote:
Experts say the uptick in COVID-19 cases is happening largely because of the number of people who remain unvaccinated.

“They play a huge role. If everyone is vaccinated, eventually infections drop to zero and so do variants,“ Parikh said.
Yes, vaccinated people can contract and spread (I never claimed otherwise, so nice strawman). No, they don't do it nearly as much as the unvaccinated.

You're a little (by about a year) late to the party with these arguments. Keep up.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-13-2022, 03:22 PM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
9,410 posts, read 5,153,856 times
Reputation: 28104
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
That's...bold.
Not really. Just basic.

Quote:
But will it treat you the same?
By making me really sick for the first 12 hours with severe exhaustion, high fever & the odd but very distinct sensation of having been poisoned?

Hopefully not! But in the event it does, as long as the virus that infects me has a covid spike protein, what I have to treat it will work just as fast as it did the last time, which will reduce the changes of atypical cytokine activation, which is what really causes the rapid escalation of severe symptoms.

Quote:
Actually, it's the unvaccinated who have been responsible for the variants, not the other way around. Please stop spreading misinformation.
That article was written prior to the big omicron wave that arrived, proving that no matter how much one wishes something to be true, science based evidence cannot be overruled by wishes, hopes & propaganda.

Imperfect (non sterilizing) vaccines that lessen severity but do not stop transmission have always contributed to resistant variants & the covid vaccines were no exception.

But back to topic, no I am no longer wearing a mask, even though I once thought I would be still. I may again in the near future, depending on what nasty little variant the propaganda contributes to. Masking, even the surgical masks, are actually a great tool in reducing transmission. I don't care if anyone else masks in the slightest. I was masking almost 2 months prior to the stay at home order in March 2020.

Last edited by coschristi; 08-13-2022 at 03:58 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-13-2022, 03:36 PM
 
4,959 posts, read 4,105,817 times
Reputation: 4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
By making me really sick for the first 12 hours with severe exhaustion, high fever & the odd but very distinct sensation of having been poisoned?
It very well could do. Just for 12 days instead of hours. Possibly longer. And, unlike the vaccine's "feeling of being poisoned", covid actually does poison your body in a way.
Quote:
Hopefully not! But in the event it does, as long as the virus that infects me has a covid spike protein, what I have to treat it will work just as fast as it did the last time, which will reduce the changes of atypical cytokine activation, which is what really causes the rapid escalation of severe symptoms.
Not necessarily. There are already studies coming out that state that a reinfection with a different omicron strain is likely to be more severe than the original infection.
Quote:
That article was written prior to the big omicron wave that arrived, proving that no matter how much one wishes something to be true, science based evidence cannot be overruled by wishes, hopes & propaganda.
Funny how you choose to ignore it in favor of such conjecture as a "distinct sensation of having been poisoned".
Quote:
what nasty little variant the propaganda contributes to
Hang on, let me write this down. It's "propaganda" that's responsible for BA.5/BA2.75. Got it. I'm sure if the scientific community remained mum, it would have gone away by now.

I've got to say, you're a new one. Usually anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers correlate one-to-one. You're the first pro-mask anti-vaxxer I've run across in two and a half years. Well done.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-13-2022, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis, East Side
2,788 posts, read 1,784,550 times
Reputation: 7508
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here - other than maybe my point with the following:Yes, vaccinated people can contract and spread (I never claimed otherwise, so nice strawman). No, they don't do it nearly as much as the unvaccinated.

You're a little (by about a year) late to the party with these arguments. Keep up.
Well, you're the one who posted a year-old article. Let's break it down.

Quote:
Experts say the uptick in COVID-19 cases is happening largely because of the number of people who remain unvaccinated.

“They play a huge role. If everyone is vaccinated, eventually infections drop to zero and so do variants,“ Parikh said.
Experts saidthe uptick and the variants were happening because the unvaccinated were able to spread COVID. These are not two unrelated statements in the article. Remember a year ago when the The Experts were saying, contrary to all evidence, that if you got the shot, you wouldn't get sick, that if everyone got the shot, we'd have herd immunity?

The fact that the variants didn't appear until after the non-sterilizing "vaccines" were rolled out in trials contradicts your claim. You don't get vaccine-resistant variants without a vaccine; saying otherwise is like blaming antibiotic resistant bacteria on people who don't take antibiotics.

Last edited by sheerbliss; 08-13-2022 at 10:08 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-14-2022, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Camberville
14,805 posts, read 19,789,576 times
Reputation: 26055
I wore a mask while going through chemo, so all of the "omg sheeple" stuff seems like, frankly, some kind of mental illness when posting in the health subforum.

Going forward, I will keep an eye on the numbers to determine masking in average public settings and whether or not I am willing to do things like go to restaurants or breweries. I will likely continue wearing a mask when I visit my grandmother, who is 91 and lives in an independent living complex, and will also mask when visiting newborns, friends going through chemo or who have had organ transplants, or any other autoimmune concerns. Planes and other enclosed transit (subways, trains) or performances are also a mask-on situation.

It's not just about covid. I have barely been sick in the past 2 years. In the 10 years previously, I would lose about 2 months a year to feeling like crap after mild colds turned into bronchitis or pleurisy thanks to chemo's damage to my lungs. Masks are a convenient, easy way of mitigating that risk.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-14-2022, 05:11 PM
 
Location: The Bubble, Florida
2,127 posts, read 1,071,709 times
Reputation: 6202
I keep a mask in my purse "just in case" these days. I rarely ever use it, but I've put it on a few times in the past month. Twice for a doctor's appointment, and once in the pharmacy where there was a couple ahead of me who were coughing and visibly unwell.

It doesn't bother me at all if someone else wants to wear a mask, and it doesn't bother me at all that sometimes *I* want to wear one, even though I usually don't.

In Japan, most people wear a mask when they leave their homes, and have been doing so for decades. It's just part of their culture, and not a big deal or a violation of some ideology or "freedom" at all.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-14-2022, 05:57 PM
 
4,658 posts, read 2,905,827 times
Reputation: 9386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I keep a mask in my purse "just in case" these days. I rarely ever use it, but I've put it on a few times in the past month. Twice for a doctor's appointment, and once in the pharmacy where there was a couple ahead of me who were coughing and visibly unwell.

It doesn't bother me at all if someone else wants to wear a mask, and it doesn't bother me at all that sometimes *I* want to wear one, even though I usually don't.

In Japan, most people wear a mask when they leave their homes, and have been doing so for decades. It's just part of their culture, and not a big deal or a violation of some ideology or "freedom" at all.

Its not a part of American culture though. I'm fine if people do it and I'm fine if an occasional and temporary mandate is necessary but "culture X does it" has never been a big selling point for me or most other Americans.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top