U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 03:21 PM

11,336 posts, read 12,529,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Not me or anyone I know. We quit wearing masks unless required for travel 2 years ago.

At this point it's so rare to see anyone with a mask on here that I just assume they have covid and are protecting everyone else and trying not to spread it.

Woah, I'd never just assume that people w/ masks must have COVID, but hey whatever floats your boat. So I guess you'd automatically assume I have it if you saw me in a store, which actually might be a good thing because you'd make sure to keep your distance from me like I already do w/ people. Yes, we should all still keep our distance too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Is this in the right forum?

Ask yourself why your only two choices are either wearing makeup or wearing a mask and sunglasses.

It sounds like you've traded one mask for another, as if you can't go outside without a makeup mask or a paper mask and sunglasses.

And why does wearing a mask and sunglasses mean that you can dress "way, way down"? What was preventing you from doing that before COVID? You were already working remotely before the pandemic. Peer pressure?

I was thinking about it too. It could have gone in the Psychology section as well had I wanted to more so know the mentality of whether people wear masks or not & why, but I wanted to see how many truly wear it still for HEALTH reasons. While yes, I talked a lot about the makeup, my MAIN priority for wearing a mask is still staying healthy/safe yes, however, I was just adding in that I was so used to wearing makeup that it feels freeing to not have to wear it at all since mytface is covered so much. My skin was never the best, so I had to cover it some w/ makeup all along before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
The flu can kill you, as well; especially if you are high risk. Were you wearing a mask all of the time pre-COVID to protect yourself from the flu?

True about the flu, but the flu was never the cause of a global pandemic in these current times like COVID is (back eons ago, yes), so yes, I'm more scared of COVID than the flu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
When I was in Japan in the 90s seeing people wearing masks was very common especially on public transportation but also just out in public. Both in Tokyo as well as the small towns.
I found the people in Japan and the whole were just very considerate and this was an extension of that

Yes, I've always thought they had a the right idea. I never once wondered why they were wearing masks long, long ago before we all ever heard of COVID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I've always disagreed with this. People spit on each other all the time. I was having this discussion during the worst of the pandemic with a friend. Neither wearing masks. She was getting a bit animated and accidentally spit on me. She didn't know she did. But this happens all the time. Humans sometimes project spittle from their mouths.
Even the worst of masks stop this.

Having said that...I've been done with masks for some time.
I'm vaxxed. Isn't this why we got vaxxed? I finally did get Covid a few weeks ago, from my wife who was at a large event. And it was nothing. Felt bad for one day. No long term after effects. Just felt like a cold for a few days.

Done with masks... until the next pandemic.

I know that when people talk in general & not even talking in a strong way that microscopic spit comes out & yes, every once in a blue moon, one can actually see spit coming out of one's mouth while talking. I say ALL the more reason to keep wearing masks anyway. Plus we all know, people can be triple & quadruple vaxxed & still get COVID. the vax just makes what you endure (hopefully) less severe, but it doesn't seem to prevent you in the least from getting it.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-08-2022, 03:31 PM

35,501 posts, read 37,601,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
True about the flu, but the flu was never the cause of a global pandemic in these current times like COVID is (back eons ago, yes), so yes, I'm more scared of COVID than the flu.
There have been three influenza pandemics since 1957, the last in 2009.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...pandemics.html

Quote:
I know that when people talk in general & not even talking in a strong way that microscopic spit comes out & yes, every once in a blue moon, one can actually see spit coming out of one's mouth while talking. I say ALL the more reason to keep wearing masks anyway. Plus we all know, people can be triple & quadruple vaxxed & still get COVID. the vax just makes what you endure (hopefully) less severe, but it doesn't seem to prevent you in the least from getting it.
The efficacy of the vaccines is less against the newer variants but they do prevent some from being infected.

Old 08-08-2022, 03:34 PM

35,501 posts, read 37,601,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Not me or anyone I know. We quit wearing masks unless required for travel 2 years ago.

At this point it's so rare to see anyone with a mask on here that I just assume they have covid and are protecting everyone else and trying not to spread it.
If they have covid they should stay home.

Old 08-08-2022, 03:44 PM

11,336 posts, read 12,529,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

I completely agree too!

Old 08-08-2022, 03:52 PM

9,005 posts, read 13,111,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
People having CoViD and not knowing it has been a core issue since the beginning.

Anyway, I can understand continuing to wear an N-95 or similar in crowded public places.

Schools, classrooms, locker rooms continue to be hot beds for the spread of infections, but we can’t expect children to mask for ever, so those exposed to children just have to accept that risk.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:13 PM

1,911 posts, read 753,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Not I, nor anyone else in my family.

But, I absolutely expect to see some percentage of people wearing masks forever, and I won't think twice about it ever again. I won't find them odd or "fearful" or "sheep" or automatically assume they are "virtue signaling" or anything else and I certainly won't make snide comments to them about it.

For me, people wearing or not wearing masks has pretty much just blended into the background about someone's appearance and I really don't even notice it anymore.
Good comment - who cares who wears what and why..

Old 08-08-2022, 04:16 PM

46,301 posts, read 41,319,500 times
I have worn a mask 2 days in two years only because I was asked to leave if I didn't and I needed something in the store. Otherwise I would have gladly left.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:33 PM

25,716 posts, read 25,635,074 times
I'll keep wearing a mask due to my age. I don't wear a mask if I'm just walking around outdoors or even if I have to run into our tiny post office for a minute but I wear an N95 when I go grocery shopping or in any other crowded place where I expect to spend some time.

I'm never the only person wearing a mask. If there's a spike in cases this fall and winter I'll get my masks out of the closet and really mask up. Right now I visit with my friends without a mask because I know they are careful. Just finished visiting a neighbor who recently recovered from covid. She didn't go out until she tested negative.

Most people around here are pretty good about it, mask or no mask, who cares? It's mostly up to the individual unless you know you've been exposed and then I think it's considerate to wear a mask to protect others.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:39 PM

45,609 posts, read 56,921,271 times
I won’t go anywhere where a mask is required except for a hospital or medical office. We were careful, we are vaccinated and boosted, and haven’t gotten Covid, so i don’t figure we will get it now. We are living our life normally, and not buying into the paranoia, and certainly not accepting any government control.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:48 PM

197 posts, read 126,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I won’t go anywhere where a mask is required except for a hospital or medical office. We are living our life normally, and not buying into the paranoia, and certainly not accepting any government control.
Ditto. I only wear a face diaper when forced to do so to enter a health care facility. I have had no C19 tests, no C19 shots, and have not even contracted C19. Done with the fear and propaganda!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.