U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 09:22 AM

606 posts, read 293,267 times

Advertisements

Okay, this has developed recently and has gotten a bit worse in the past month.

Basically sometimes I feel dizzy and can't walk a straight line when doing a brisk walk.

I've done the traditional ask the Great Google and some explanations were:

- low blood sugar
- dehydration
- medication side effects

And I have discounted all of the above.

Other more scary possibilities are:

- stroke
- heart attack

Also there was an indication that lung cancer can present itself by limiting your oxygen uptake and hence maybe less O2 makes it to your brain = dizzy? Lung cancer is insidious because it rarely causes any pain unless it's advanced an presses against your other organs etc.

BTW I am fit, workout regularly (free weights), have a healthy BMI so it's not a matter of having a horrible aerobic ability.

What do you think it may be?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 09:35 AM

8,162 posts, read 6,015,974 times
Please go to the doctor. My friend's hemoglobin started dropping and he needed iron infusions. He was still working and healthy except for the dizziness.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:01 AM

@ KaraG - that is an interesting possibility, but wouldn't I have issues with working out if I had that problem? I do get very very slightly "unbalanced" if I am pushing the reps, but recover quickly afterwards.

@Ceking - I really don't recall any numbness or tingling. Just feeling dizzy and end up walking like I was a bit drunk.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:04 AM

20,237 posts, read 26,074,526 times
Maybe you are anemic or your BP is dropping. My husband is anemic and when his BP is dropping he feels this way.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:21 AM

8,162 posts, read 6,015,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
@ KaraG - that is an interesting possibility, but wouldn't I have issues with working out if I had that problem? I do get very very slightly "unbalanced" if I am pushing the reps, but recover quickly afterwards.

@Ceking - I really don't recall any numbness or tingling. Just feeling dizzy and end up walking like I was a bit drunk.
We can't diagnose you, all we are all saying is that you shouldn't be getting dizzy. If you're just not drinking enough water, that's one explanation, but other causes would need help from your doctor.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:16 AM

11,928 posts, read 12,982,561 times
It's scary & concerning. There was a period of time when I used to feel dizzy off & on regularly for a good 2 yrs, I think, even when just sitting. I had neurology dr appts in which they did their tests & they even tested me for MS (multiple sclerosis). An ENT even did a hearing test, etc. All came back normal. Then, as mysteriously as it started, I eventually no longer had the dizziness & still haven't really anymore for I think the last 2-3 yrs & to this day.

I started a few threads on it. If you're limited on time, please at least read the first thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...ziness-dr.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...ll-me-all.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...vertigo-4.html

Then, & this hasn't happened in quite a while now, I'd get a very rare, out-of-the blue dizzy spell that would last like a few seconds...don't know what that's about. I could be standing/walking or sitting. Now that's different than what I talked about above.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
It's scary & concerning. There was a period of time when I used to feel dizzy off & on regularly for a good 2 yrs, I think, even when just sitting. I had neurology dr appts in which they did their tests & they even tested me for MS (multiple sclerosis). An ENT even did a hearing test, etc. All came back normal. Then, as mysteriously as it started, I eventually no longer had the dizziness & still haven't really anymore for I think the last 2-3 yrs & to this day.

I started a few threads on it. If you're limited on time, please at least read the first thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...ziness-dr.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...ll-me-all.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...vertigo-4.html

Then, & this hasn't happened in quite a while now, I'd get a very rare, out-of-the blue dizzy spell that would last like a few seconds...don't know what that's about. I could be standing/walking or sitting. Now that's different than what I talked about above.
Wow, glad that your problem "went away".

I did initially think it was some kind of inner ear problem. That would explain feeling unbalanced.

The problem I have is that my "family" doctor retired over 20 yrs ago. Then my "new" doctor moved to the other side of the city. It's difficult to find a good doctor here.

Trust me, if I had a doctor I'd make an appointment. I'm just fishing for possibilities to contemplate before I fall dead on the streets lol.

Old 11-27-2022, 12:34 PM

5,024 posts, read 3,150,397 times
I get unexplained, momentary loss of balance. Had it for 8 years or so. It happens primarily in low light or when I change direction quickly. I've had a bunch of tests, ears, nerves, everything except brain scans which I though would be overkill. It's pretty mild and has rarely resulted in a fall so I don't worry about it.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:01 PM

20,879 posts, read 12,573,198 times
Fluid in your inner ear. Are you allergic to anything that grows?

It's been a heavy rag weed year. About the time that passes, I'll start all over again with cedar fever.

Sometimes the dizziness happens briefly with a sudden change in position, too.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:29 PM

15,908 posts, read 11,006,733 times
Could be anything from Menieres' to stroke to low blood sugar to anything

We are not doctors that know you. So, if you don't see your Doc, you could be making a major mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness