U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 8,267 times

Advertisements

i just started to have this kind of lump on my lower right arm(nearforearm) 2 days back ...doc said it just cyst or benign n the way she speaks also make it sounds like nothing dangerous..but i can feel the pain there. i am afraid if it grow bigger.

i need opinion either i should just wait till it gets bigger or have it removed sooner, as i have another cyst on my tarsus bone(left hand) for more than a year but no change of size. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 11:50 PM

12,478 posts, read 14,942,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_me View Post
i just started to have this kind of lump on my lower right arm(nearforearm) 2 days back ...doc said it just cyst or benign n the way she speaks also make it sounds like nothing dangerous..but i can feel the pain there. i am afraid if it grow bigger.

i need opinion either i should just wait till it gets bigger or have it removed sooner, as i have another cyst on my tarsus bone(left hand) for more than a year but no change of size. thank you

why not have it removed now? If it has to be removed at some point--just do it.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:16 AM

6,652 posts, read 18,665,355 times
Question Lipoma...Leave it or Delete it

As to my past posts re my Lipomas I believe that it is best to remove them when small then when they have gotten larger.

Pain when pressing on it means that a nerve is also being pressed.

The procedure is small with a local needle injection for pain.

Any MD can do it in his office if convienent.

I had mine removed in the VA hospital being in a small bathroom size room...sterile conditions of course. Once by a Male MD and another time by a Female MD and since my head was covered (neck Lipoma) could not see them but two other Female MD's came into the room and were discussing the best way to remove the Lipoma...each had their own opinion.

A MD may just push the need for removal to the side as they may be busy in their practice.

I would just insist as the cost is NOT that expensive...insurance or otherwise.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 8,208 times
i had a lipoma in my lower left back cut out because it was the size of a roll of quarters or bigger and hurt me severley. they thought it would be a simple procedure but when the surgeon started the procedure he said it was embedded so far down through my muscles and nerves down to the bone and was twice the size he thought it was and i had shooting pain and numbness for almost two years after. now it's three years later and i have extreme pain in my lower middle of my back. i had xrays and an mri done and my doctor can't figure out what's wrong and why i have so much pain. we thought it was a bulged disc but the mri showed it wasn't. my husband's mother is a nurse and thinks my scar tissue is so bad that the mri couldn't show any pinched nerves and i can't sleep on the left side of my body because it makes the whole right side go numb...does anyone have any idea about this???

Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,733,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I have surgery coming up in about two weeks. I need to correct what I wrote earlier. The plastic surgeon is going to use Ultra Sound to liquify the lipoma within the sack and then pull the sack out. He is going to make a small incision as opposed to the old school large one to pull out my mass. I know there is a chance I will scar and realistically I guess I will. I swear my mass started out as large marble and is now the size of a tennis ball within a matters of a fews years. It's time for this thing to come out! I've had to start sleeping on the opposite side to stop the pain/numbness caused if I sleep on my shoulder/upper arm with the lipoma. I also learned I have a very small one on my back (size of a quarter). The plastic surgeon told me to leave that one alone for now b/c of the extremely high rate of scaring that occurs on the back. As for insurance...that was a good idea posted earlier and the pain part is true for me now...but my health insurance is catastrophy and will only pick up after X amount of $. My surgery is cheaper than my deductible.
When you get a few years older, a scar or two will not hurt you! It will be a story of your life. Be happy it's not cancer and a little scar will be worth a peace of mind. Good luck!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:20 AM

1 posts, read 8,144 times
I would be grateful if someone could answer my question. I just had a small lipoma removed from just above my right brow on my forehead. Its 3 weeks post op and 2 weeks since i've had my stitches removed. The scar is small and is not really a big deal, however the area is still red and is the same size it was before the surgery. Is this normal for it to be like this so long after the procedure? Also i've experienced constant tingling above from my forehead to my scalp. Its not to bad but it does get annoying and i find myself touching my head a lot just to relieve myself from the weird sensation. If someone could put my mind at ease i would be grateful.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:43 PM

88 posts, read 359,383 times
How much did you guys pay for your lipoma removals?

I have at least two I want to get removed because they hurt sometimes and I'm wondering how much I'm looking at having to pay.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 7,815 times
I am new to this and have a story to tell myself. I currently have a Lipoma or fatty cyst on my upper left arm a little smaller then a golf ball. I started noticing it when I was 19 years old (am now 27), my doctor told my mom there was no danger in it and can remove for cosmetic reasons. It has grown very much and is now to the point where its getting hard to hide and really bothering me because the people that do see it react in a way of shock that makes me feel like a monster!!lol

I'm to the point where I am desperately needing to find a surgeon to cut this out but im unaware of the cost and don't know where to turn. I'm currently located in tampa, fl and would love if someone could give me some insight as to what to do. I'm noticing it gets bigger if I gain weight which I have recently and am scared it will get to the point it will begin to cause pain and damage something in my arm. At this time I have no pain but evey now and then I feel something in there tingling so I need help please!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 PM

6,652 posts, read 18,665,355 times
Cannot recall if I posted on this thread earlier. Have had two small ones on each side of my neck and now #3
is starting on my right neck area. It's a size of a small marble at this point and think the VA will not touch it until it's larger or presses on a nerve which the others did after a while.

Peronally I would not let one get too big as it will grow deeper inside as one poster has mentioned.

Last one I had removed by the VA imentioned to the MD ab out a small lump on my forearm that hurt when pressed. While removing the small forearm one remarked about a black spot in it that turned out ok....still a person has to wonder.

Since then had Thyroid nodules that showed Cancer so they removed that....had the isolation Radioactive treatment and now Cancer free.

Let things go and the Cancer spreads like wildfire and your gone in 5 months......like my wife with 8 cancer tumors in her body.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 PM

19,822 posts, read 55,961,131 times
You would start with a family practice doc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness