Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 11:02 PM

417 posts, read 815,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I had what they call a "chemical D & C" which basically means I was never put to sleep but I bled like a stuck pig very suddenly for several hours. It was not fun. But I guess it beat the alternative. And then I still had to have a complete hysterectomy. Please keep us posted!
Oh yikes! That sounds awful! My OBGYN says I will be knocked out for my procedure, thank goodness. But I understand from others that I can expect some pain afterwards, as well as potentially quite a bit of bleeding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2024, 04:47 AM

879 posts, read 763,902 times
I hope your consult goes well this week.

Old 02-20-2024, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro000 View Post
I hope your consult goes well this week.
Thanks so much…I hope it does too.

Old 02-27-2024, 09:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
So, OP, any news?

Old 02-28-2024, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So, OP, any news?

I met with the OBGYN who will be doing my D&C and hysteroscopy. What a nice guy! One of the nicest doctors I have ever met. I wish all doctors were like him. He reassured me that ovarian cancer doesn’t seem likely. He offered to order a blood marker test that could indicate cancer. I will likely do that. But since my meeting with him, I haven’t worried too much about cancer. I haven’t experienced bleeding in about 2 weeks either, knock on wood.

Even though the fear has subsided, I do still have some weird GI stuff, particularly the burping. I’ll hear a gurgle and then I’ll burp. I have days where I don’t feel hungry and can’t eat much. But I’m not going to get a CT scan. I’m not in pain. I am going to try to eat better and if I still don’t feel right when I have my annual physical in July, then I’ll ask for a referral or testing.

My procedure will be on April 2 (another sign the doc isn’t too worried about cancer…I think he’d try to rush things along rather than waiting for 1+ month to get the procedure done). So I’m hanging in there!

Old 02-29-2024, 04:39 AM

879 posts, read 763,902 times
I’m so glad you liked the doctor. Not sure how old you are, but you might think about a colonoscopy. You could discuss with you PCP when you have your physical.

Old 02-29-2024, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro000 View Post
I’m so glad you liked the doctor. Not sure how old you are, but you might think about a colonoscopy. You could discuss with you PCP when you have your physical.
I had one in 2020 so I have to get another one next year.

Old 02-29-2024, 04:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopycat View Post
I met with the OBGYN who will be doing my D&C and hysteroscopy. What a nice guy! One of the nicest doctors I have ever met. I wish all doctors were like him. He reassured me that ovarian cancer doesn’t seem likely. He offered to order a blood marker test that could indicate cancer. I will likely do that. But since my meeting with him, I haven’t worried too much about cancer. I haven’t experienced bleeding in about 2 weeks either, knock on wood.

Even though the fear has subsided, I do still have some weird GI stuff, particularly the burping. I’ll hear a gurgle and then I’ll burp. I have days where I don’t feel hungry and can’t eat much. But I’m not going to get a CT scan. I’m not in pain. I am going to try to eat better and if I still don’t feel right when I have my annual physical in July, then I’ll ask for a referral or testing.

My procedure will be on April 2 (another sign the doc isn’t too worried about cancer…I think he’d try to rush things along rather than waiting for 1+ month to get the procedure done). So I’m hanging in there!
I also had a D&C and hysteroscopy back in 2011 to fix excessive bleeding. Dr put me on a very low dose BC pill for a year. Never had another problem. I really liked my doctor too. Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness