U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:08 PM

2,464 posts, read 5,689,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Reasons for circumcision:

You are 75% more likely to catch HIV with a foreskin intact penis. This is because their are gland /mucos membranes, receptors and receptor cells inside the foreskin. I know, I know, your baby will never engage in risky behavior, but.........you never know. You know what they say about being married to the preacher. See the decade long African study done on the subject. The infection rate among African males circumcised, versus those who were not was less then half.

You can and will catch yeast type infections in that area, that you will never catch being circumcised. If the woman you are intimate with has a little yeast overgrowth, you will have it too. If you;re circumcised, it is never a problem.

You are far less likely to suffer from pre-mature ejaculation being circumcised. This is because the foreskin causes much great stimulation to the sensative area of the penis during intercourse. Remember it was designed to get a job done, making babies. Foreskin actually makes you C*M much faster!

And in surveys, 88% of women found a circumcised penis more attractive then one not. Guys, you're more likely to get oral sex with a circucised penis.
Interesting post. There have been reports that circumcision would help curb the AIDS rate in Africa. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/28/wo.../28africa.html

and the WHO's take: WHO | Male circumcision for HIV prevention

I'm not a doctor, but what you're saying makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 04:31 PM

27 posts, read 54,845 times
Default Very glad I was..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I guess my next question would be to those who were uncircumcized...do you wish you were as a child?
left intact as a child.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:49 PM

739 posts, read 1,821,812 times
Studies or no studies, male circumcision is genital mutilation and is barbaric and antiquated. It should be outlawed as infant abuse.

Cleanliness is a matter of a little soap and water just like every other part of the body. I've never had a yeast infection, HIV or anything like that.

Being intact and normal myself, I pity the poor men who feel compelled to have someone take a knife and mutilate their son just because they were mutilated by their parents. Gross!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:01 PM

59 posts, read 148,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdufauve View Post
Studies or no studies, male circumcision is genital mutilation and is barbaric and antiquated. It should be outlawed as infant abuse.

Cleanliness is a matter of a little soap and water just like every other part of the body. I've never had a yeast infection, HIV or anything like that.

Being intact and normal myself, I pity the poor men who feel compelled to have someone take a knife and mutilate their son just because they were mutilated by their parents. Gross!
You make it sound like circumcised men are deformed or something.

I could understand if the foreskin served some sort of central purpose that men would be lost without were it removed, but it doesn't.

Besides it's not all about religion or repeating some cycle of abuse, for some it's simply a matter of cleanliness. If a person is less likely to become sick by simply removing a small piece of skin then why not take the precaution?

Old 06-23-2008, 06:03 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,317,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaMarvin View Post

I could understand if the foreskin served some sort of central purpose that men would be lost without were it removed, but it doesn't.

Besides it's not all about religion or repeating some cycle of abuse, for some it's simply a matter of cleanliness. If a person is less likely to become sick by simply removing a small piece of skin then why not take the precaution?
Then wait until they are 18 and grown and can make the choice themselves AND can be ANESTHESIZED. At least they do female circumcision in adolescence. Or have circumcisions done with the mother present. The sounds her baby makes in his agony while being mutilated will end the whole discussion right then and there. No mother would let that happen to her baby if she was there. She would grab her baby and run out of there screaming, cursing and spitting mad. So, wait until the child is older or have the mother witness it. Either way, it will be "Game Over".

Last edited by laysayfair; 06-23-2008 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: add

Old 06-23-2008, 08:32 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,489,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaMarvin View Post

I seem to find more and more on this subject. I did find why we have Foreskins, but like you I have nothing to make a personal judgment on the 18 listed advantages. I think I would have liked to have had the choice, but with my aversion to pain I am sure I would have never let them touch me with a knife. I find the #18 sort of funny. I am sure it was an attempt to be funny. Of interest this came from a site where people are restoring their foreskins.

WHY WE HAVE FORESKINS
1 Erotic pleasure, especially via the ridged band and Meissner's corpuscles
2 Acts as a rolling bearing in intercourse and masturbation
3 Prevents dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
4 Stimulates partner's genitalia, giving erotic pleasure
5 Supplies skin to cover the shaft in erection and prevent tightness
6 Stores pheromones and releases them on arousal
7 Stores, releases and helps distribute natural lubricants ("smega" and pre-ejaculatory fluid)
8 Makes the ***** a visual signal of sexual arousal
9 Provides a seal against the vaginal wall to contain semen

Protective
10 Prevents the ***** becoming keratinised, and keeps it soft and moist
11 Protects the thin-skinned ***** against injury
12 Protects the nerves of the *****, retaining their erotic function
13 In infancy, protects the urethra against contamination, meatal stenosis, (and UTIs?)
14 Provides lysosomes for bacteriostatic action around the *****
15 Pigmented, it protects the unpigmented ***** against sunburn
16 Vascular (rich in blood vessels that bring heat to the tissues), it protects the less vascular ***** against frostbite, as Sir Ranulph Fiennes found on his epic transpolar walk.

Other
17 Provides skin for grafts to burnt eyelids, reconstructive surgery, etc.
18 Storage of contact lenses, smuggled jewels, etc. - not all recommended uses .

Last edited by cncracer; 06-23-2008 at 08:42 PM..

Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 PM

4,980 posts, read 8,217,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I seem to find more and more on this subject. I did find why we have Foreskins, but like you I have nothing to make a personal judgment on the 18 listed advantages. I think I would have liked to have had the choice, but with my aversion to pain I am sure I would have never let them touch me with a knife. I find the #18 sort of funny. I am sure it was an attempt to be funny. Of interest this came from a site where people are restoring their foreskins.

Erotic pleasure, especially via the ridged band and Meissner's corpuscles
Acts as a rolling bearing in intercourse and masturbation
Prevents dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
Stimulates partner's genitalia, giving erotic pleasure
Supplies skin to cover the shaft in erection and prevent tightness
Stores pheromones and releases them on arousal
Stores, releases and helps distribute natural lubricants ("smega" and pre-ejaculatory fluid)
Makes the ***** a visual signal of sexual arousal
Provides a seal against the vaginal wall to contain semen
Protective
Prevents the ***** becoming keratinised, and keeps it soft and moist
Protects the thin-skinned ***** against injury
Protects the nerves of the *****, retaining their erotic function
In infancy, protects the urethra against contamination, meatal stenosis, (and UTIs?)
Provides lysosomes for bacteriostatic action around the *****
Pigmented, it protects the unpigmented ***** against sunburn
Vascular (rich in blood vessels that bring heat to the tissues), it protects the less vascular ***** against frostbite, as Sir Ranulph Fiennes found on his epic transpolar walk.
Other
Provides skin for grafts to burnt eyelids, reconstructive surgery, etc.
Storage of contact lenses, smuggled jewels, etc. - not all recommended uses ...

That was interesting.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:41 PM

2,484 posts, read 7,904,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
That was interesting.
I definitely did not know you could make penis into eyelids!

Old 06-24-2008, 04:51 AM

4,349 posts, read 6,489,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I definitely did not know you could make penis into eyelids!
I have heard of stranger things, one being a place to store your contact lenses. LOL

Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 AM

9,212 posts, read 20,227,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Wow!!! What a subject in todays society. Decades ago it was not normally done and with times changing as it is in the 21st century more people are opting for the procedure. Sex experts will agree and disagree to the advantages. Medical opinions will vary slightly as to cleanliness etc. Do we (males) need it done after birth or just leave everything original as God had intended?. Must have been a reason for the foreskin to be there. What do some men think and are the WOMEN satisfied? Opinions greatly appreciated. Steve

Had a son 20+ years ago. Back then, I don't remember being given a choice.
They did them on the same floor as maternity. I remember one morning hearing a baby screaming, some how I knew it was my kid. I didn't understand what was going on and why the baby was screaming so bad. Turns out that yes it was my son and they'd done the circumcision. He didn't scream long, that much I remember. Thinking back, it was about the same scream when he got shots that little.

These days parents are given a choice. Would I still do it? I don't know. I've been with one uncircumcized man, it was not a good experience, it grossed me out from what I remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness