U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:32 PM

655 posts, read 696,159 times

Advertisements

Yes, it was such a tramatic experience I actually recall the procedure as a newly born infant. Unless you happen to be lucky like me, when you are born, your thing down there ain't that big. The cut skin area is very small and it not like major surgery or anything. It's about like removing a hangnail perhaps. If you had it done later in life, then it is much more of a major deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,794,136 times
I did a summer stint as a ward-aid in a small hospital while still in school, and got to watch a couple of operations, one being a tonsilectomy and the other a circumcision of a newborn.

I was horrified when I saw the reaction of the baby screaming it's lungs out and voiced my concerns, to which I was replied .. 'oh don't worrry, they barely even feel it'.

Nothing would ever convince me that baby wasn't feeling a whole lot of pain at the time, it was visibly tramatized and in a lot of pain.
Not just crying from a little jab of a needle or something similar. JMO.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,332,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Then wait until they are 18 and grown and can make the choice themselves AND can be ANESTHESIZED. At least they do female circumcision in adolescence. Or have circumcisions done with the mother present. The sounds her baby makes in his agony while being mutilated will end the whole discussion right then and there. No mother would let that happen to her baby if she was there. She would grab her baby and run out of there screaming, cursing and spitting mad. So, wait until the child is older or have the mother witness it. Either way, it will be "Game Over".
What kind of female circumcision are you talking about? The only kind I've ever heard of is the barbaric surgery sometimes done in some African countries (as well as other countries) to try to keep females from being sexually promiscuous. It is actually a clitoridectomy and it keeps women from feeling almost all pleasure during sex acts. Where I lived in West Africa, it was done to nearly 100% of the females, usually when the girls were young, but not babies (like 4 or 5 years old) and usually done in the 'bush' meaning not in any kind of sterile place and usually done by a medically untrained person using non-sterile equipment. There is nothing positive about female circumcision at all.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:14 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,308,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
What kind of female circumcision are you talking about? The only kind I've ever heard of is the barbaric surgery sometimes done in some African countries (as well as other countries) to try to keep females from being sexually promiscuous. It is actually a clitoridectomy and it keeps women from feeling almost all pleasure during sex acts. Where I lived in West Africa, it was done to nearly 100% of the females, usually when the girls were young, but not babies (like 4 or 5 years old) and usually done in the 'bush' meaning not in any kind of sterile place and usually done by a medically untrained person using non-sterile equipment. There is nothing positive about female circumcision at all.
I agree with you. The only thing that could make it MORE barbaric is to do it on a newborn baby girl.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:09 PM

13 posts, read 35,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Reasons for circumcision:

You are 75% more likely to catch HIV with a foreskin intact penis. This is because their are gland /mucos membranes, receptors and receptor cells inside the foreskin. I know, I know, your baby will never engage in risky behavior, but.........you never know. You know what they say about being married to the preacher. See the decade long African study done on the subject. The infection rate among African males circumcised, versus those who were not was less then half.

You can and will catch yeast type infections in that area, that you will never catch being circumcised. If the woman you are intimate with has a little yeast overgrowth, you will have it too. If you;re circumcised, it is never a problem.

You are far less likely to suffer from pre-mature ejaculation being circumcised. This is because the foreskin causes much great stimulation to the sensative area of the penis during intercourse. Remember it was designed to get a job done, making babies. Foreskin actually makes you C*M much faster!

And in surveys, 88% of women found a circumcised penis more attractive then one not. Guys, you're more likely to get oral sex with a circucised penis.

What is so hard about pulling back the skin and cleaning it, there must have been some really disgusting men in time for this to even have become an issue.

75% to ctch HIV, give me a break!!! wear a freakin condom!! Last time i checked, if you go "RAW DAWG" in anything, at any time, the possibility of catching something is the SAME!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:01 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,127,919 times
Stumbled on this thread and found it interesting, but mostly amusing, and thought I would jump in, add my two bob's worth, and jump straight out again! Call me a coward!
To start off, I was 'cut' way back when. Our son, (adult now), got the 'chop' but not because of 'god'...whoever or whatever that entity is, not because of 'religion'...I know just enough about the history of that barbarous group, not because 'daddy was'...never actually thought about that aspect now it's mentioned, but simply because as we live in a warmer environment it removes any potential issues. I know a bloke whose kid had, 'strangulation' also, (I think that's what it's called), when his kid was around 4 or 5 years old, well young enough to still be in his mothers care anyway, and had to have the 'chop', but he was certainly old enough to remember all that went on there. I have never really given it any thought, (till I found this thread), but I guess if we lived at the north pole...not a problem, but living in a hotter climate...thumbs up for the 'chop', and would do it again, [that's only my opinion of course]. One could argue the pros and cons to infinity but it all comes down to parental choice, not ours, armed with enough information so that they can make a decision, not be told by some huru guru or airy fairy or anyone else what we 'should' or 'shouldn't' do.
As far as I'm concerned the pain would be no different than a 'jab' in the arm or smack on the arse...pain is pain, whether one is 6 hours old, (don't know when it's done, can't remember), or 60 years old, but I do know that pain, when older, is remembered longer! Someone mentioned waiting till 18 and making a decision then, well I equate that to not stopping my grandkid sticking a fork in the light socket..."I'll wait till he's 18 and he can make his own decision on that??". As parents we decide bucket loads of things on behalf of our kids until they are old enough, this is just the very FIRST decision we make for our kids, for reasons right or wrong, [personal perception]. I guess it depends on which side of the fence you are looking that's all.

To conclude...Thumbs up to the blokes who still have all the equipment they came into this world with, but equally, thumbs up to the parents who took it upon themselves and considered prevention was a better option than any possible cure that may have been necessary sometime into the future. Everyone has their reasons for doing so, or not doing so. The only concession I would give is that hygiene, be it personal or as a civilization, has vastly improved to what it was in the 'not so distant' past, so right there is something which could probably be taken into consideration today as an arguement 'against'.
Interesting and enlightening thread though, moreso from the girls perspective for me, as they can look at it, (no pun intended), from the side of the fence that I can't see! This, alone, may intice me back for a better education and understanding, from the girls point of view, (I'm never going to know otherwise).

Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,123,731 times
Couldn't have said it better Ino. Reps to you! Too bad you only post for threads like this. You should post more!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:00 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,127,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Couldn't have said it better Ino. Reps to you! Too bad you only post for threads like this. You should post more!
Oops, you've caught me out bibit, (thanks anyway), funnily enough I only found this thread because I have a bit of a thing going regarding something else on here and found this thread on the bottom of my screen. I'm a rank amatuer with these forum things but what the heck, you only live once, aye. I think I must be screaming out for some brain food. Now I'll go away and try to work out what 'reps' means?

Old 07-24-2008, 06:47 PM

1,584 posts, read 4,013,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I guess my next question would be to those who were uncircumcized...do you wish you were as a child?
ARE YOU CRAZY...the feeling would be all gone, that would make sex less good so I would not be for that! My 5 year old is not cut either!

Why is it okey to do it to boys but not girls????? It is a religious tradition that went main stream a long time ago .....it is unnecessary and really sad that these men never got the 100% experience of their equipment!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:05 PM

285 posts, read 791,511 times
If I had a boy I would not do the procedure. I believe there is no difference. I certainly believe it was at one time thought to be better. I would think parents would now realize there is no reason because they are more informed. I also was glad I was not Jewish because I would fight having it done to my son if I had one. I was with a man for 20 years 17 of which we were married he was not circumcised and never had any health problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness