U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,341,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
ARE YOU CRAZY...the feeling would be all gone, that would make sex less good so I would not be for that! My 5 year old is not cut either!

Why is it okey to do it to boys but not girls????? It is a religious tradition that went main stream a long time ago .....it is unnecessary and really sad that these men never got the 100% experience of their equipment!
Female circumcision is a misnomer. What is actually meant by female circumcision is not the removal of some skin as it is with male circumcision, but the actual removal of most of the clitoris which (as I'm sure you know) is the main pleasure center for women. So, for women who have undergone what is called circumcision, their feeling really IS all gone. It is a barbaric procedure done in some developing countries in parts of Africa and the middle east, used to keep women from straying from their husbands. All it really does is make sex not pleasurable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 07:23 PM

40 posts, read 135,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
What kind of female circumcision are you talking about? The only kind I've ever heard of is the barbaric surgery sometimes done in some African countries (as well as other countries) to try to keep females from being sexually promiscuous. It is actually a clitoridectomy and it keeps women from feeling almost all pleasure during sex acts. Where I lived in West Africa, it was done to nearly 100% of the females, usually when the girls were young, but not babies (like 4 or 5 years old) and usually done in the 'bush' meaning not in any kind of sterile place and usually done by a medically untrained person using non-sterile equipment. There is nothing positive about female circumcision at all.
I totally agree with the overall point of this but just to clarify, although this poster may have lived in an area of W.Africa where most girls were circumcised (the Pulaars, for example, do this), much of the population in W. Africa does NOT do this (Wolofs, for example).

Just want to make sure people understand this varies by ethnic group and there are many W.African ethnic groups who do not circumcise women.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:26 PM

2,745 posts, read 12,859,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Reasons for circumcision:

You are 75% more likely to catch HIV with a foreskin intact penis. This is because their are gland /mucos membranes, receptors and receptor cells inside the foreskin. I know, I know, your baby will never engage in risky behavior, but.........you never know. You know what they say about being married to the preacher. See the decade long African study done on the subject. The infection rate among African males circumcised, versus those who were not was less then half.

You can and will catch yeast type infections in that area, that you will never catch being circumcised. If the woman you are intimate with has a little yeast overgrowth, you will have it too. If you;re circumcised, it is never a problem.

You are far less likely to suffer from pre-mature ejaculation being circumcised. This is because the foreskin causes much great stimulation to the sensative area of the penis during intercourse. Remember it was designed to get a job done, making babies. Foreskin actually makes you C*M much faster!

And in surveys, 88% of women found a circumcised penis more attractive then one not. Guys, you're more likely to get oral sex with a circucised penis.
I'm sorry, but that's just not true on the yeast thing. My ex was sharing yeast problems with me for a long time before we figured out he needed to be treated... and yes, he was circumcised. It's not unheard of.

As for the possible problems... that always kinda amuses me. Why not just take appendix out in infancy? Or give girls mastectomies at puberty, what with all the breast cancer rates these days?

I've seen some circumcision "errors" too.. in my youth... and yes they'd probably be medically classified as mild deformities, bends to one side or the other or up or down, scarring, that sort of thing. A few anyway.

I have 2 boys, both intact, neither has ever had any problems... I taught them from early on about cleanliness (just as my mom did for me... and I'm female)... any time you have folds and thinner skin and such, it's just a little extra cleaning is all! IMO it doesn't let little boys get away with the dirty habits that little boys will sometimes get (toilet and hygiene stuff)... it causes them to think for a bit about keeping clean and that's a good thing.

My mom was the one who convinced me not to circumcise my boys. She said she still remembers, 40-something years later, the sound of my brother screaming down the hall in the hospital when he was circumcised and she had no clue it would be like that... she's been nagged with guilt ever since.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:29 PM

40 posts, read 135,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
Female circumcision is a misnomer. What is actually meant by female circumcision is not the removal of some skin as it is with male circumcision, but the actual removal of most of the clitoris which (as I'm sure you know) is the main pleasure center for women. So, for women who have undergone what is called circumcision, their feeling really IS all gone. It is a barbaric procedure done in some developing countries in parts of Africa and the middle east, used to keep women from straying from their husbands. All it really does is make sex not pleasurable.
Believe me, I am not for female circumcision, but one thing I want to point out here is that we're really ready to point out "those barbaric people" in Africa. It's bad for sure. What about what could be considered "barbaric" here (but no one uses that language)? What about a culture where women starve themselves to death? Where women risk their lives undergoing general anesthesia so they can have a great big sack of silicone stuffed up under their muscles? Where they literally have skin pulled off their face and tightened? Botolism shot into their foreheads? Fat sucked out of their thighs at great risk of life?

I am not condoning female circumcision--far from it. I would love to see it gone. But I would love to see men and women in THIS country, in THIS culture, get really worked up about what changes need to be made so that we stop inflicting barbaric practices on ourselves. We are messed up but we love to get really upset at problems in other cultures rather than our own.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTorCO? View Post
Believe me, I am not for female circumcision, but one thing I want to point out here is that we're really ready to point out "those barbaric people" in Africa. It's bad for sure. What about what could be considered "barbaric" here (but no one uses that language)? What about a culture where women starve themselves to death? Where women risk their lives undergoing general anesthesia so they can have a great big sack of silicone stuffed up under their muscles? Where they literally have skin pulled off their face and tightened? Botolism shot into their foreheads? Fat sucked out of their thighs at great risk of life?

I am not condoning female circumcision--far from it. I would love to see it gone. But I would love to see men and women in THIS country, in THIS culture, get really worked up about what changes need to be made so that we stop inflicting barbaric practices on ourselves. We are messed up but we love to get really upset at problems in other cultures rather than our own.
WOW, Holy cow!!!! All this research, facts and documentation, What happen to just soap and water, You know like take a bath before sex!. you know like check your tires before you go on the freeway so you travel safely. Or you know take rersponsiablity, or better still teach our children responsiability. Sure there are easy way's for everything .

Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 PM

13,522 posts, read 29,473,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Yes, it was such a tramatic experience I actually recall the procedure as a newly born infant. Unless you happen to be lucky like me, when you are born, your thing down there ain't that big. The cut skin area is very small and it not like major surgery or anything. It's about like removing a hangnail perhaps. If you had it done later in life, then it is much more of a major deal.

I dont remember it either.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:06 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,341,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTorCO? View Post

I'm in total agreement with you on the barbaric practices that people in this country inflict upon themselves! I do want to point out, however, that I didn't call the people with whom I lived in Africa 'barbaric people.' I just consider the practice of female circumcision barbaric. I understand why they think it's necessary, but from my cultural perspective, it's barbaric. The area in which I lived in Sierra Leone was mainly a Mende region which strongly believes in female circumcision as a right of passage for females. I believe most, if not all, of the 16 ethnic groups in Sierra Leone also feel the same way. I don't have knowledge or experience with other groups in other parts of West africa, so thanks for the enlightenment on groups such as the Wolof people.

I'm so glad hubby and I didn't have to make a decision about circumcising a child (since we had daughters.) He really felt like they should be circumcised and I really felt like they should be left intact. As it is, we didn't have to decide. And there's no way I'd inject botox into any part of me!!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
khp

40 posts, read 955,571 times
Default Self confidence the key ingredient

I cannot say that I would not date a man if he still had foreskin; that would be ridiculous. However, I definitely prefer a circumcised lover. I personally believe a circumcised penis is far more of a turn-on, especially when performing oral sex. I have also heard from multiple sources (friends, magazine articles, etc.) that a circumcised penis is more "low maintainence". Ultimately, however, a man must decide for himself what makes him most comfortable and feel most desirable. A self-confident lover is the best kind--circumcised or not!

Old 07-26-2008, 08:25 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,643,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaMarvin View Post
You make it sound like circumcised men are deformed or something.
Umm... they are, and botched circumcisions are a very real possibility.

Quote:
I could understand if the foreskin served some sort of central purpose that men would be lost without were it removed, but it doesn't.
It serves a great purpose- makes masturbation more convenient.

Quote:
Besides it's not all about religion or repeating some cycle of abuse, for some it's simply a matter of cleanliness.
An unwashed penis, whether circumcised or not, is an unwashed penis and is equally noticeable. People speak of the "cleanliness" of circumcised penises as though a cut penis doesn't have to be washed. Why?

Quote:
If a person is less likely to become sick by simply removing a small piece of skin then why not take the precaution?
If an adult wants to do it to himself, I'm all for it. When little kids get it done I have an issue with it because it's a permanent body augmentation which they didn't even get to choose to have or not have done. Foreskins don't grow back.

I won't have my sons cut.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:27 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,791,882 times
My husband is circ'd and so of course we had our boys done too. I never thought not to. I've never seen an uncirc'd penis in person,lol, but they don't appeal to me from pictures. Guess I'm just used to the circumsized look

Editing to say that none of my boys (3) were traumatized by it nor do they remember it. They cried for a couple of minutes and the procedure was over. They never shed a tear after, even when I had to clean it and change the bandage. They aren't deformed, the dr's did a good job on them all (I have to say I was a bit worried about that though, you never know)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness