Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 PM

5 posts, read 6,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2007 View Post
Surely you're not serious. It's like peeling a wrapper. The penis is still there and intact but now you can see it all.
Maybe you should check out what it looks like when the remove the foreskin that covers a woman's clit. I must say, I wasn't to thrilled with 'seeing it all'. I'd say it's rather sexist to promote trimming male babies, yet outlaw it on females.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I doubt very many men wish they could "undo it".
What if people went around cutting off pinky toes because it 'looks better'? How would feel to walk around with 4 toes knowing you should 5? You can always cut your own toe off, but have fun trying to regrow.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I think people should circumsize if they have a boy.
Uncircumsized ones just look so weird and gross!
I can't see myself getting physical with a guy who isn't circumsized- yuck!
In my opinion, if you are going to base your relationship with a man based on his penis, he deserves better than you. Lucky him.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,298,419 times
Well...read a couple pages of this thread and either you're for it or against it. There is definitely passion when discussing this issue. I have two boys. The first was circumcised; the second not. With my second son the stories of looking like the other boys and getting HIV, infections, etc... wore on me. I felt I didn't have the right to cut off part of my son's penis whether it was skin or not. If he doesn't want it then let him cut if off when he's old enough. He's 14 now and says I'm nuts for even suggesting it (he likes his penis just like it is). I

When I went to school to get my degree in the ******* ** *******, I was required to watch 2 circs (there are 2 ways to cut the skin off). I tell you though the babies were supposedly given some type of topical, they screamed with an urgency that still rings through my ears some nights.

Change is scary. I know the people in favor are set in their thinking. That's too bad though. To be so stubborn as to not see how dangerous it is to just cut off body parts with such conviction. First it was a religious thing, then it was a look like dad thing, then it's everyone does it, then it was infection thing.

If you want the procedure you had better do it soon. Many health insurance companies are already dropping it as a covered procedure.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:49 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,931 times
I have no stake in the debate as I have the scar for proof but after observation have been asked if I was cut. I have had an occasion or two where I might have preferred the extra skin but generally I'm quite satisfied with current efficiencies.

Quote:
If you want the procedure you had better do it soon. Many health insurance companies are already dropping it as a covered procedure.
I guess it won't be long after insurance bails that circumcision will become an episode on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit...

I have over the many years noticed a difference in personal appearance between men who are cut and uncut. Cut guys may appear more detailed in their attire and persona. Cut guys appear more casual.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
I have no stake in the debate as I have the scar for proof but after observation have been asked if I was cut. I have had an occasion or two where I might have preferred the extra skin but generally I'm quite satisfied with current efficiencies.

I guess it won't be long after insurance bails that circumcision will become an episode on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit...

I have over the many years noticed a difference in personal appearance between men who are cut and uncut. Cut guys may appear more detailed in their attire and persona. Cut guys appear more casual.
Sorry... Typo

...appearance between men who are cut and uncut. UNcut guys may appear more detailed...

Old 01-29-2013, 05:20 AM

339 posts, read 832,628 times
I say leave them as God made them, I don't believe circumcision is necessary. The foreskin makes the area more sensitive because it's not rubbing against the clothing like it is when men are circumcised, I say leave them uncut.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Some males do naturally have more foreskin than others. If the foreskin is large enough that it "hangs" off the penis, I can see where this could get in the way when urinating.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Wow!!! What a subject in todays society. Decades ago it was not normally done and with times changing as it is in the 21st century more people are opting for the procedure. Sex experts will agree and disagree to the advantages. Medical opinions will vary slightly as to cleanliness etc. Do we (males) need it done after birth or just leave everything original as God had intended?. Must have been a reason for the foreskin to be there. What do some men think and are the WOMEN satisfied? Opinions greatly appreciated. Steve
This remind me of the shaving hair on our bodies thread. I said God gave us hair on our body for some reason and yet many people think they need to shave it all off.

I had a friend many years ago who had a uncircumsized son that was about 5. He was at an age where he bathed himself. Well he was not clean that area and got a bad infection and the foreskin began attaching itself to his penis. It took 3 adults to hold him down to put medicine on it each day.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times
I can say my husband is not circumcised and I have no problem with it. He is clean about it (washes under it) and I've never had issues with infections on my end from it.hes not had any so far either ,we r 30. I've never experienced both ends of the spectrum ( he's the only man I've ever been with going on 13 years! I feel old lol) but I cant see a reason so far that he'd need to have it cut for any reason. I have to be honest I think I'd be a little weirded out if I was with a man who was cut, kinda like a "wait where's the rest of it" thought for a moment

Last edited by Sweetbottoms; 01-30-2013 at 10:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness