U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:07 AM

655 posts, read 775,000 times

Advertisements

Okay, I snore and I mean shake the walls snore. I snore so hard I often wake up with a sore throat. I'm not obese, and in shape. It seems my sinuses close up during the middle of the night and I mouth breathe. Anyone else have this problem? It's horrible as my mouth drys out like the Sahara dessert and actually wakes me up. I have to wake up multiple times each night to sip some water. I have tried nasal breathe right strips and they seem to help some, but my nose is concreted shut.

As for the snoring, my wife recorded it one night. Sounded like a damn freight train crashing through the walls of the home. She sleeps so deeply it hardly ever bothers her. Good thing, or I probably would have slept alone years ago.

Any tips, or shared stories here. Sure we all like to deni snoring, but many, if not most of us do it at some level.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,826,562 times
I use to wake myself up snoring but haven't done that is a long time.. Everytime I spend the night at my daughters house, she complains she has snoring in stero from me and her husband.. she is such a light sleeper that she sleeps with ear plugs and in another room..

Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 AM

396 posts, read 766,427 times
I snore...even woke myself up snoring at work before if I was sitting with my head back on the sofa. I'm assuming it's a Tonsil and Adnoid thing for me.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:01 PM

790 posts, read 3,807,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Okay, I snore and I mean shake the walls snore. I snore so hard I often wake up with a sore throat. I'm not obese, and in shape. It seems my sinuses close up during the middle of the night and I mouth breathe. Anyone else have this problem? It's horrible as my mouth drys out like the Sahara dessert and actually wakes me up. I have to wake up multiple times each night to sip some water. I have tried nasal breathe right strips and they seem to help some, but my nose is concreted shut.

As for the snoring, my wife recorded it one night. Sounded like a damn freight train crashing through the walls of the home. She sleeps so deeply it hardly ever bothers her. Good thing, or I probably would have slept alone years ago.

Any tips, or shared stories here. Sure we all like to deni snoring, but many, if not most of us do it at some level.
I've been told i have a cute little girl snore but i don't know. It's good your wife is a deep sleeper. I'm not and wouldn't be able to live ie; sleep, with a snorer.
Have you tried the nasal strips to help keep your passages open so you can breathe through your nose?
I don't use them but a fried of mine does ... not for snoring but just so she can breathe through her nose at night.
I don't know about the various brands or if there are different brands but this is just the first one that came up on Google.
Breathe Right. Nasal strips and nasal spray. Breathe better. Sleep better. Perform better.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:56 PM

139 posts, read 446,292 times
I tried bunch of over the counter drugs to help me not snore. When my wife left me, the snoring stopped

Old 07-06-2008, 08:10 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,933,811 times
The research says snoring is caused by being overweight, smoking, and drinking. And also by genetic conditions. Sleep apnea can result in not waking up in the morning.
Snoring is a strong reason to get to the doctor and go through whatever is necessary to have the condition corrected. I wish you well.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:49 AM

10,344 posts, read 23,060,897 times
Elevate your mattress at the head of the bed 6 inches. Sleep on your side, not on your back. Those two things help a lot.
Plus the breathe right strips along with doing both of the above.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:09 AM

12,634 posts, read 18,824,768 times
for the snoring, my wife recorded it one night. Sounded like a damn freight train crashing through the walls of the home.

My hubby did not believe us when we would tell him he is LOUD..... recently he had to share a room with some other guys at a out of town meeting and they wanted to lynch him! They could not sleep because of his snoring.
I laughed and said gee I have been putting up with it for years!
When he drinks or is really really tired it is worse.
He does use the breath strips and they do help, also sleeping on his side or stomach all helps and when it is really bad I either get up or kick him out of bed to the spare bedroom.
I feel bad but I cannot go without sleep anymore like I use to do.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:11 AM

12,634 posts, read 18,824,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Elevate your mattress at the head of the bed 6 inches. Sleep on your side, not on your back. Those two things help a lot.
Plus the breathe right strips along with doing both of the above.
I like elevating the mattress thing I might try it. Thanks

Old 07-08-2008, 02:19 AM

106 posts, read 288,459 times
Go to a doctor, you may have to do a sleep study to determine if you have sleep apnea. I have what my doctor described as allergy induced sleep apnea, it was overlooked for years although I have many of the symptoms but at 125 lbs most doctors dismissed it because I was not obese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness