Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:22 AM

430 posts, read 1,358,988 times

Advertisements

I asked my wife this AM about this and she said they never bother her. She is usually a size 4. They did get in her way when she played competitive tennis though.

Well, except when she was pregnant. She had a meltdown at 7 months when looking for a bra and called me from the dressing room. "I am fat! My boobs are too big! I can't even fit in a 34FF!! Boohhoooooo.."

The funny thing was there was a newly pregnant couple nextdoor to her, going "OOOH AHH" over maternity stuff. They got real quiet after the call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 01:32 PM

650 posts, read 2,179,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I am a 34DD also and they sometimes bother me - it depends on what I'm doing, but overall I feel okay. The thing I hate the most is finding clothes that fit. I am a size 2, but with 34DD boobs. I have to buy stretchy things or if I buy a dress, I have to buy it in a 6 or an 8 to fit on top and then have it altered. Kind of a PITA.
While I am more average than well endowed, I agree that it is hard with bigger boobs to fit into certain clothes and look nice. At only a 36C I often find that I look "fat" in clothes even though I only wear a size 2 or 4. Bigger boobs don't look symetrical on a smaller frame.

However, I was barely an A cup until I had my first child. Speaking as someone who has been on both sides, I'll take the boobs.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:21 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,201,680 times
Unfortuntely I fell victim of having boyfriends that had a thing for big boobs where mine were average. Mix that with an insecure woman that thinks she needs to look perfect to get a guy and you end up with nothing but regret for thinking so little of yourself to have such a procedure done not thinking of how it would effect the rest of your life. Dying your hair a horrible color can be corrected....not so much with a boob job. Kind of like tattoos...at the time it may seem cool or trendy, but fast forward 20-30 years and that hip tattoo on your backside probably will look ridiculous especially to your grandchildren JMO.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:09 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
I'm a fairly average size 34b-36c depending on the time of the month to the design of the bra. Bras are rarely comfortable for the entire day. Smaller breasts are far more practical for exercising, climbing around, and simply being yourself. I've never had a man complain about mine, though some have gotten a little more excited about them when they were on the large size.

My grandmother had a reduction 30 years ago and said it was one of the best things she ever did for herself. The only ones who missed out were the grandbabies who came later. They missed out on a soft place to cuddle when she was rocking them.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:09 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,984 times
Default Great book for anybody considering breast reduction

I just found this book: When Less is More at the library. It's for anybody considering breast reduction. It has reaffirmed my decision to go ahead with surgery (and Puffle, based on how much has to come out and my plastic surgeon, he'll be doing the 'lollipop' type of reduction which I think is the most common type.)

Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I just found this book: When Less is More at the library. It's for anybody considering breast reduction. It has reaffirmed my decision to go ahead with surgery (and Puffle, based on how much has to come out and my plastic surgeon, he'll be doing the 'lollipop' type of reduction which I think is the most common type.)
Good luck to you.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:28 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
Good luck to you.
Thanks!! I'm looking forward to wearing bras that don't look like fabric cauldrons .

Old 09-22-2008, 11:40 AM

230 posts, read 758,007 times
My 20 year old daughter, who is a full-time college student, had a breast reduction last year. She was somewhere between a 34DDD/F (not exactly sure what size she was because she was so big). She had been absolutely miserable since her teens with big breasts and had problems with neck/shoulder/back pain. After going thru physical therapy, which did nothing to help, she made the decision to have a breast reduction. I took her to a top surgeon that was very experienced and had excellent credentials. He has been on the "Top Doctor/Surgeon List" for several years in the Washington DC/MD/VA area. She did very well with the surgery and had NO complications. She is now a 34C and absolutely loves it! She has had no more neck/shoulder/back pain and can buy bras to fit along with stylish clothing. It is the best decision that she has ever made! I can't emphasize enough to get a good surgeon who is reputable to do this surgery.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM

Now I really can't wait. I was just reading recently that you should redo breast implants about every ten years! I didn't know that and if I did, after the pain I experienced from it I never would have had it done. Mine are almost 20 years old with no problems except gravity

Old 09-26-2008, 01:29 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Hope I'm not intruding here..but my wife had a reduction done years ago. It changed her life for the better. No more stares, no more embarrassment, back pain, neck pain, headaches. Insurance covered hers, but it wasn't easy to get that authorization. They made her try months of physical therapy first, then get second opinions, etc. A real time consuming hassle.

However, hers have started to gain some 'ooomph' once more, slowly over the years. The doc told us this can happen in some women. Apparently she's one of them. For now things are fine, we just hope they don't get too ambitious, if you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness