U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:58 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,892,825 times

Advertisements

Sweden has promoted the sale and use of a product called Snus which the government claims has no health issues. The facts of course are wrong. But look here as the real reason they promote it. For those who don't really know what Snus is, here is an information website.

SNUS - Information about Swedish Snus

SNUS: Sales Lift Swedish Match Profits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Local.SE
Tobacco Company, 'Swedish Match', reported pre-tax profits of 614 million kronor or ($103 million) in the second quarter, beating analyst's expectations.

The results represented a nearly 10% improvement on last year's second quarter results of 563 million kronors.

According to a survey by Reuters, analysts had forcast that 'Swedish Match' would post profits of 586 million kronor in the second quarter.

Overall Sales came in at 3.28 billion kronor, up from 3.9 billion kronor in sales recorded last year.

The popularity of Snus played a major part in lifting profits at 'Swedish Match'; sales of the wet tobacco popular among Swedes shot up 20 percent compared with a year ago.

Cigar sales figures also rose, but by a comparably modest 7 percent.

CEO Lars Dalhgren believes that both turnover and operating profits are going to beat 2007 results, primarily due to a "Strong Development" for Snus.

"We expect that our scandinavian Snus operations will continue to show strong results during the remainder of the year and in the U.S. we expect a continued increase in market share and volume", Dalhgren said in a statement.
Source: The Local - Snus sales lift Swedish Match profits

Snus is promoted by the Swedish government because they say it is safer than Tobacco. This is a lie. They make Billions of their various taxes, especially when you consider there is a 25% sales tax already in place on everything you purchase here. It's a sham and they are pushing it in the USA on young people.

Now look at the latest reports on Snus and Health risks.

The Local - Snus causes premature death

and all of this brought to you by a government that promotes itself as the most Humanitarian & ECO-Green on the planet and an example to be followed by every government on planet Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 PM

3,150 posts, read 7,252,621 times
Man when I was partying in Helsinki I tried one of those things. Wow, I was already three sheets to the wind and that pushed me over the edge :P It was gross.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:49 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,862,756 times
Snus is better than smoking. I used Camel Snus to quit smoking and it worked like a charm. I still use the snus sometimes, but not very often....a tin (which has 15 little pouches) a week at best. It doesn't pollute the air or my lungs, doesn't stink (actually freshens my breath since its mint flavor), and doesn't make you spit like regular snuff or chewing tobacco.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:36 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,971,541 times
I currently use snus. The stuff is awesome. I don't use the American stuff. I use the Swedish stuff.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:56 PM

5,081 posts, read 12,971,816 times
Tobacco is not good for the human body regardless of what it's called or in what form it's used.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:59 AM

481 posts, read 644,307 times
Who would want to kiss somebody chewing any type of tobacco? Ugh, gross.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,579 times
that tobacco is disgusting. Anyone want oral cancer?

Old 08-14-2009, 12:02 PM
ttz

679 posts, read 1,500,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthforums View Post
that tobacco is disgusting. Anyone want oral cancer?
You cannot reason with a drug addict. They will continue using even if they know the ill effects!

Old 08-16-2009, 02:31 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,639,480 times
one thing i would like to note is the "facts" listed in the quote of the OP are incorrect, just on the fact that none of the numbers make any sort of sence when read... 614 million kronor in the second quarter this year, which was better than the 563 million of the second quater last year then just a simple 3.28 million kronor for one year which was supposed to be more than 3.9 million kronor total of all of last year? this math would even send a computer into immediate shutdown

other than that, snus in my opinion is more dangerous if you dont have to spit, just means that any tobacco juice that it makes is completely absorbed into the body, unlike snuff where most often it is spit out

Old 09-18-2009, 10:49 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,862,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I currently use snus. The stuff is awesome. I don't use the American stuff. I use the Swedish stuff.
I agree....I've moved on the Swedish snus after being introduced to snus with Camel, and its much much better....and cheaper. Swedish snus is not harmful to your health, it doesn't have the carcinogens that are present in American tobacco. In Sweden, they cannot, by law, put ingredients into the tobacco that cannot be used as food. No chemicals, etc.

There's a lot more harm in eating most of the foods that are eaten in America than there is with someone using Swedish snus. I'm not harming anyone with my snus, no spit, no smoke, and very little health risk to myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness