U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 AM

10,713 posts, read 21,365,535 times

Advertisements

What would freak me out is my own kids possibly dating their sibling later on & not knowing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 01:53 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,339,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFeno1 View Post
I am thinking about donating eggs (I'm female) because the monetary compensation is very substantial. I was wondering if any other women have donated eggs and just want your take on it and maybe hear your personal experience. This will help me decide if it is worth it. Thanks!
I actually just started a thread pertaining to the same thing - sorry moderators!! Anyhoo, I think it's a great idea. I'm 23, and I have a four year old son and I can honestly say I'm never going to have more children b/c I don't want them. I love my son, but he is enough for me. So why not do it? I'd be helping out a couple that really wants kids when I don't. It seems a bit selfish when I'm a perfectly healthy, fertile woman who has no desire for making babies.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 911 times
How long does this process take from the start of taking birth control/self injecting to the egg retrieval appt? I understand the application/questionnaire portion take up time but I'm interested in knowing how long I'd be taking drugs for this process.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,472,518 times
I went through the IVF process three times. Some people seem to find it not too arduous. That was not the case with me. I didn't really mind the intra-muscular shots in my butt (hubby did a great job administering them,) but one of the egg retrievals was truly horrible. I had twilight sleep, but during the second egg retrieval, it did not work. I was completely awake. I kept mentioning that I could feel everything they were doing and I was yelling at them to STOP, but they ignored me. Apparently, some people do talk while under twilight sleep, so they assumed I was asleep. The next day, I told the doctor and the nurse who were there exactly what they were talking about. It was a frightening and horrible experience. I was also quite sore for several days afterward. When my DH asked the doctor why I was so sore, he said to DH, "Imagine if you had had a large bore needle poked into your testicles a whole bunch of times. You'd be sore, too."

So the one procedure was very painful, the aftermath was quite painful for all three retrievals, and I gained quite a bit of weight and was far moodier than normal for quite a while. Perhaps if any of the IVFs had been successful, I'd have a more positive outlook on it (indeed, I attribute most of the moodiness to the distress of not being able to get pregnant.)

This tale does have a happy ending because we ended up adopting the two sweetest little girls and I am now happy that the IVFs didn't work. They are now almost 7 and almost 9 .

Please think carefully - I don't think I'd put myself through that process for any amount of money.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 78 times
Can you donate if you have had your tubes tied? If so very interested. Won’t be back on this site though please personal email me
[email]jelly-bean2@hotmail.com[/email]
Thank you.
Arlene L .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness