Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 AM

536 posts, read 1,109,081 times

Advertisements

my doctor thought i needed to be medicated for anxiety and i told him all i needed was to cut back on my caffeine and i would be a lot calmer.
i have cut back (not to the point where i'll get a migraine) from the never ending pot to around 5 (8oz) cups a day.
since right now this is my only vice so be it..........that and cursing but i'm working on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice2 View Post
That's the thing about coffee -- it's only good to drink right after it's made. It certainly loses something in the flavor, also something happens to the oils in it, and the smell changes. I can't drink 'old' coffee, it hurts my stomach, plus it doesn't taste good so what would be the point of drinking it. (In fact I believe fresh made coffee is fine but when it's been sitting on a burner or kept hot it becomes an unhealthy substance.)

Nowdays I like to use a LITTLE pot so I really only have 2 and a half cups at a time, and those are less than 8 oz. cups, and if I want more I make another little pot.
The oil rancifies and sometimes we can see it on top.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:38 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice2 View Post
That's the thing about coffee -- it's only good to drink right after it's made. It certainly loses something in the flavor, also something happens to the oils in it, and the smell changes. I can't drink 'old' coffee, it hurts my stomach, plus it doesn't taste good so what would be the point of drinking it. (In fact I believe fresh made coffee is fine but when it's been sitting on a burner or kept hot it becomes an unhealthy substance.)

Nowdays I like to use a LITTLE pot so I really only have 2 and a half cups at a time, and those are less than 8 oz. cups, and if I want more I make another little pot.
Yeah, you know what I mean then. That really bugs me. In recent months I have noticed funny things going on in the chest department and have only recently heard that coffee can give 'heart palpitations', (whatever they are?), so have taken that on board and am giving serious thought to stopping coffee altogether, (it's going to kill me to do that...lol, I just realised what I said then...I'm dead either way!!). Seriously though, I only heard about this recently but it has certainly given me food for thought. A little more research is required by me there I believe.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 AM

410 posts, read 1,682,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfam4 View Post
it all started with one cup of coffee in the morning now its up to 6 a day .some say i am drinking to much is this true ???

Yes...remember moderation. Too much caffine is not good for your body...it creates a hype then a nose-dive down. Also, will cause fluid loss. Be sure your drinking enough water or you will see signs of dehydration. Sunny

Old 08-05-2008, 10:54 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
I would just stay in the bathroom all day!
LMAO!!!! Funny, Izzy... hillarious! And I thought my 2-3 soda's a day were bad (actually they are.. but I'm justifying).

Old 08-05-2008, 11:03 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I actually really like this train of thought. My husband is in alternative medicine as well, and he also thinks that although dietary habits are very important, they are secondary to spiritual and emotional health. Our bodies depend on our minds. Everything starts in our heads and our health can be affected by the emotional state of mind.
We should be blessing our food, eating quietly and concentrating on our food. The food that will bring us joy will do benefits to our bodies.
Ah, wonderful! And here I thought I had another non-believer to convert!

Quote:
I also agree that every person has it's own standard of how much is in moderation.
I wonder though if original poster feels good and wholesome about those 6 cups of coffee a day. Speaking of balance and ying/yang, if he drinks 6 cups of coffee a day, shouldn't he balance it with 6 cups of water?
I think you're probably right - balance the coffee with either water or an alkaline product.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:46 PM

943 posts, read 782,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfam4 View Post
it all started with one cup of coffee in the morning now its up to 6 a day .some say i am drinking to much is this true ???

It most certainly is. Especially if you put sugar, milk, and cream in it.....
Stick to two cups max...

Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Health Benefits of Coffee - WebMD (http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food - broken link)

Note especially the fourth paragraph...

Old 08-08-2008, 07:55 AM

146 posts, read 369,332 times
its day 5 now and i am still 1 20oz cup of coffee a day its not so bad as it was the first day and i am feeling much better and sleepping longer to thanks again

Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Health Benefits of Coffee - WebMD (http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food - broken link)

Note especially the fourth paragraph...
WOO HOO GREAT!! I was considering giving coffee up, but as I'm a smoker, YES this will do me.

On a more serious note, this was a very interesting read, thanks for putting it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness