Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:54 AM

19 posts, read 169,884 times

Advertisements

Hello my name is Doug and this Is my first post and kinda worried about my back/legs. One week ago my left leg kinda went limp/weak in the knee I can still and do walk on it but something is definetly wrong. It doesn't hurt and there really isnt any pain but am afraid. I did have a sore lower back few weeks ago had to shovel some gravel that was delivered to my home. Now I did not get carried away and didn't spread it all at once. Now was at doc last week he took Xrays and going to get the results next week. Just curious If anyone has had anything like this? And can you have a "pinched nerve/problem with back" that does not hurt anywhere? D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 09:30 AM

409 posts, read 2,782,967 times
My husband was hit by a car many years ago and now is causing him back problems. He has no pain, but his left leg is almost dead. At times he can hardly walk and could never stand for long. It is probably nerve damage and we are going for an MRI this week and to a neurosurgeon. He has no pain either.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:40 AM

My Doc metioned MRI if nothing comes of the xrays. Just that MRI'S take for ever to get in and have it done. Think he said 4 months, I had one few years back for the other knee but that was not related to this. Don't know If I will spell this correctly but don't wan't to seem like a "HYPOCONDRIACT" but at the same time hope it does nothing but get better and not worse. Hearing some other cases and experiences will help! Thanks D

Old 07-06-2008, 11:34 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
A week for the results of a X-ray? FOUR months to get a MRI? Where in the world do you live?

I had a X-ray and the doctor called the next day with the results and once we decided to do a MRI, it was schedules to be done within days and I had the results in a few days.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:46 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
What you may have is a pinched nerve at the Lumbar L5 area just above the tailbone. The pinched nerve causes a numbness down the backside of the thigh into the calf area and possibly to the foot. This is what I have on my right side and had the MRI which says that I'm 70% in need of surgery which is to be this month (waiting for call from VA Hospital for pre-op apptmnt). Depending on length of numbness in terms of days/weeks a MRI would be probably the best way to go (expensive). Stay away from a Chiropracters as they may do more harm then good. Wish you well. Steve

Old 07-06-2008, 07:03 PM

I live in Canada actually right right close to edmonton so will get on him tommrow I hope, things are not good. Was drinking today at an out door event and it wasnt good fell on my face once not because of alcohol. just coul'd not control that left leg!!! Had me crying in front of friends!! Im a 38 year old male this isn't right!! D

Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
That is why I was so shocked at how long it would take to get that MRI. Numb leg? What else are you going to do but fall down and perhaps really injure yourself. I am sure you have a life and perhaps a job so you can't lay in bed for 4 months until you get the MRI so what in the world are you suppose to do?

Old 07-07-2008, 03:11 AM

Laura Im just going by what my doc said last week "4 months to get in to get a MRI" Now I know you can get them faster depending, my father had one real quick after a fall and some dizzy spells. I do have a plan at work that may pay for one if needed will check tommorow.

Steve with your problem is there any pain in your back? See this is what scares me cause there isn't any in my back. And few week back before the leg thing had some ED problems and kinda hoping its connected. Cause I did hurt my back, well had a sore lower few weeks back. Hope its connected, kinda I guess. Thanks D

Old 07-07-2008, 08:54 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
Not a normal back pain that a person may have due to maybe lifting something while bending over. I have a compressed disc which puts pressure on the Nerve, thus the radiating pain/numbness down the thigh/calf muscle on the outside of the right leg. Have found that by lightly rubbing gently the LEFT side of the tailbone area the feeling seems to relax and subside. Strange!!!!, then the numbness/pain returns 3-4 minutes later. Can't seem to win. The Veterans Hospital gave me a test on the area effecting NERVE response at the Lumbar L5-S1 spine narrowing down my need for surgery(70%). in addition to a couple of MRI's. Am to have the bone scraped this month. Will let the results be known. I'm also a former Canuck from Ontario. Wish you well. Steve

Old 07-07-2008, 09:48 AM

Got a call this morning booked for a MRI on August 14th, not sure If I should be happy or excited there. Im guessing my doc found or didn't find somethin in the xrays. This seems to be quick I know it took longer b4 to get one, maybe things are better or the condition of the paitent might matter. Cause like I mentioned steve My backs fine other then about a month ago had hurt the mucsles In the lower part shoveling gravel, guessing somethin happened there but backs fine now. Like your self will post anything interesting . Thanks D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness