U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:01 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,798,675 times

Advertisements

A great digestive aid, and healthy one to boot, are digestive enzymes .. half hour before of after a meal.

Udo's Enzymes .. from a health food store, is a great combo anf source.

When you're uncomfortable and too full feeling after a meal, within ten minutes of popping an enzyme, you won't believe how much better you feel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 11:05 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,640,862 times
That seems to be diet related or just who you are meaning...
Do you suffer from IBS? Gassiness, bloating, consitpation? Heart burn? irregularity? Diaharrea?
Have you ever had a colonoscopy? This would be a good idea this way the dr can see what is going on. Adding fiber in your diet and reducing salt intake can reduce the bloating and gassiness but getting checked out would be a good idea.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM

1,220 posts, read 3,297,916 times
Thanks, my Doctor suggested I have a colonoscopy. Ugh! I thought you had to be 50 and up for that test. I have had Colitis in the past and now my stomach feels full and I have this urge to throw up sometimes. I am getting my test results on Wed, so I hope it is what I believe it is, hyperthyroid. That causes that bloating etc also along with all this other mess. I know I am not fat, because I weigh the same.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:30 PM

1,220 posts, read 3,297,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone-ground View Post
A great digestive aid, and healthy one to boot, are digestive enzymes .. half hour before of after a meal.

Udo's Enzymes .. from a health food store, is a great combo anf source.

When you're uncomfortable and too full feeling after a meal, within ten minutes of popping an enzyme, you won't believe how much better you feel!
Thanks! Is that the same as Beano? Beano really does not work for me for some reaason. I take lactaid too. I eat very healthy anyway and I guess all those vegies cause problems! That and old age.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:09 PM

5,119 posts, read 12,720,764 times
Have the colonoscopy and rule out a medical reason. Then---(sorry) go on a diet! The only way to lose the "fat" is to eat less calories than you ingest. It's not rocket science! More calories eaten, less calories expended= FAT!
You don't need pills or potions. Just fewer calories and a bit of exercise! Fidget while you watch TV! Walk up the stairs more! Park farther from the store!
Once you start losing, then you'll want to do a crunch or two!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,331,463 times
When you get older or less active you have to weigh less to be the same size too.

Hope its just some fat cells being bad and nothing else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness