U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 03:28 AM

14 posts, read 36,503 times

Advertisements

i have freckles on my arms and back. how do i get rid of them? is there a way to make my skin freckle free? does lemon use work? ideas, testimonals, whatever u got will help me. but just not me also superman, and chuck norris.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 AM

1,955 posts, read 2,879,825 times
There are ways of getting rid of freckles, but the more effective ones tend to be expensive. Also, freckles often return with exposure to the sun. You can find more info here:

Freckles - Frequently Asked Questions

Old 09-21-2008, 06:10 AM

428 posts, read 1,486,958 times
Pulsed light treatments can lighten them, although they will tend to come back. It works best on the face, though--less predictable for other areas.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,932 times
Default freckle formula

you can also try freckle formula. you can buy it at freckleformula.com

Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 PM

544 posts, read 1,992,943 times
Mine have all faded over time, I just quit spending time in the sun. But think positive, we were always told we were blessed, freckles are angel kisses. My brother and I must have truly been loved by the angels!

Old 09-26-2008, 03:10 AM

1,075 posts, read 3,189,096 times
How bout magic eraser they say it works wonders on everything

Old 09-26-2008, 01:00 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,847,287 times
I've learned to live with mine but most have faded over the years.
I don't think you can get rid of them.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:53 PM

13,632 posts, read 21,489,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
That's what I was trying to say. You said it so much more eloquently. Since self-help is insulting, I'll go with my spiritual belief. God DOES exist and IS the One who created me, so He must have done something right.

The notion of removing pigment marks from my skin seems "unbelivable"sic to me, but I would suppose the obvious solution would be to stay out of the sun. But then that's not good either... to not get ANY sun. Too much sun is obviously bad for someone with this pigment.

My suggestion for the book was actually about a plastic surgeon who removed scars from people using the plastic surgery when necessary. He had many great results with most patients, but some patients felt and acted like the scar was still there even though before and after photos showed the drastic improvement. In their minds, the scar was still there. He taught them mentally to not see the scar anymore. He taught some with his techniques to not even require the surgery. He taught them to see the inner beauty with a sort of positive mentalization. His techniques have been used to improve daily tasks with positive mentalization... so to speak.

I've used his techniques to throw better darts, play better pool, give a speech without fear. That sort of stuff. Call it self-help if you will, but I thought it was fair and relevant here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I tried to get so much sun that my freckles would fill-in and run together and I'd get really tan, but I just got sunburned, peeled, and went ouch.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-26-2008 at 06:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness