U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 02:47 AM

1,195 posts, read 2,121,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Ok Let me break this down for all of you. Flu shot...contains thimerosal a murcury preservative which is a proven neuro toxin While about 75% Effective its still putting poison into your body. Flu mist conatins MSG and a LIVE virus and is only effective at about the 45% rate. A live virus can make you sick. This swine flu is looking more and more man made...hummm! Thimerosal and autism links...hummm! The flu isn't any worse this year than any other yr as to record. Tamaflu works, usually after the first dose. People usually die from a secondary infection with the flu ( pne., chf, sepsis). So, wash your hands, keep hand sanatizer on your person. Do not touch your face or mouth. If you feel flu like symptoms go to our dr or er immediately and for christ sae stay out of grocery stores and malls during high traffic times and when unnecessasary. I do not now nor will I ever recommend any Vaccines of any kind. They are simply not safe and who knows what they really put in there. Ask your Dr to see the package inser if you don't believe me, I'm an ACNP. Be smart and do the research!
My son is 21 years old. My grandson is almost 3. If I had it to do all over again I would never vaccinate him for anything. I was far more informed back then than I am now but frankly, allowed the fear rheatoric from physicians when I was just barely an adult myself (had him at 20 years old) to govern my decision. Now I'd choose an educated decision & love for my decision making process.

I do struggle w/ the radicals on both sides of the aisle. Either one going too far in either direction ends up sounds as nutty as the other - voiding their opinions on in my mind.

I remember when my sister was diagnosed w/ breast cancer & how much pressure it was for her to make informed decisions about what to do (w/ her education & intellect level, but also w/ being in that fury of I'M DYING - WHAT DO I DO NEXT???). I did some research for myself & made an intellectual decision at that time that I'd not opt for chemo if (god forbid) I ever had a cancer diagnosis. I was not going to put that poison in my body to try & save this life - I would go out gracefully & healthfully.

Fastforward past two near deadly car accidents & crazy amount of illnesses & here I am making choices I never thought I'd make.

I'm still opting out of flu / H1N1 vaccines, when I get the opportunity to visit my Peace Corp friend in Tanzania - I will do so at a time when I have the mental state/courage to go w/out taking the vaccines (which is what a friend of mine & his family did when they went to East Afrika - NO VACCINES & NO ILLNESS AND NO limiting on what they ate or drank. They live healthfully, they think & believe healthfully & they each remained healthy!

I take chemo weekly to control my RA (about 20mg - but it's subcu) - something I never thought I'd do - but the options are nearly as horrific at this point.

I also get injections as often as twice, 4 times a year for two other health issues - one is my OUT OF CONTROL migraines... I fought & fought for the right to have my insurance pay for Botox A injections as a migraine preventative.

BOTOX

POISON

I can't believe it.

But, I was at the end of my rope - w/ both my RA & the other issues.

The flu? No. I won't expose my body to any other toxins or anything that can potentially further increase my illness - mercury, when researching some of my health issues - is always a huge red flag that comes up - "have you been checked for mercury levels in your system?". I won't add to it.

I am careful. Diligent. And I do my best to make well rounded & well informed decisions about my healthcare & everything else.

I believe most people get these shots merely because either they are just told to, so they do, or they are afraid - especially when they hear there may not be enough for everyone - something I truly think is said intentionally to instill fear & thereby more compliance.

My exDIL is afraid of being fired from her job if she refuses either the flu or H1Ni - my grandbaby's daycare is insisting & I am encouraging her to resist.

We cannot give in to fear & dissemination of misinformation.

A bit off topic but all related in my head...

Best Health to all & to all a good night!

Thinky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 03:21 AM

8,797 posts, read 5,337,696 times
Quote:
Ok Let me break this down for all of you. Flu shot...contains thimerosal a murcury preservative which is a proven neuro toxin While about 75% Effective its still putting poison into your body. Flu mist conatins MSG and a LIVE virus and is only effective at about the 45% rate. A live virus can make you sick. This swine flu is looking more and more man made...hummm! Thimerosal and autism links...hummm! The flu isn't any worse this year than any other yr as to record. Tamaflu works, usually after the first dose. People usually die from a secondary infection with the flu ( pne., chf, sepsis). So, wash your hands, keep hand sanatizer on your person. Do not touch your face or mouth. If you feel flu like symptoms go to our dr or er immediately and for christ sae stay out of grocery stores and malls during high traffic times and when unnecessasary. I do not now nor will I ever recommend any Vaccines of any kind. They are simply not safe and who knows what they really put in there. Ask your Dr to see the package inser if you don't believe me, I'm an ACNP. Be smart and do the research!
I agree with this except one correction ... as far as efficacy .. the 75% - 45% assumes a virus match occurs, which is just as often not the case. Flu viruses mutate, and when they do, the vaccine is rendered useless or 0% effective while carrying all of the risks.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:25 AM

530 posts, read 568,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post
My son is 21 years old. My grandson is almost 3. If I had it to do all over again I would never vaccinate him for anything. I was far more informed back then than I am now but frankly, allowed the fear rheatoric from physicians when I was just barely an adult myself (had him at 20 years old) to govern my decision. Now I'd choose an educated decision & love for my decision making process.

I do struggle w/ the radicals on both sides of the aisle. Either one going too far in either direction ends up sounds as nutty as the other - voiding their opinions on in my mind.

I remember when my sister was diagnosed w/ breast cancer & how much pressure it was for her to make informed decisions about what to do (w/ her education & intellect level, but also w/ being in that fury of I'M DYING - WHAT DO I DO NEXT???). I did some research for myself & made an intellectual decision at that time that I'd not opt for chemo if (god forbid) I ever had a cancer diagnosis. I was not going to put that poison in my body to try & save this life - I would go out gracefully & healthfully.

Fastforward past two near deadly car accidents & crazy amount of illnesses & here I am making choices I never thought I'd make.

I'm still opting out of flu / H1N1 vaccines, when I get the opportunity to visit my Peace Corp friend in Tanzania - I will do so at a time when I have the mental state/courage to go w/out taking the vaccines (which is what a friend of mine & his family did when they went to East Afrika - NO VACCINES & NO ILLNESS AND NO limiting on what they ate or drank. They live healthfully, they think & believe healthfully & they each remained healthy!

I take chemo weekly to control my RA (about 20mg - but it's subcu) - something I never thought I'd do - but the options are nearly as horrific at this point.

I also get injections as often as twice, 4 times a year for two other health issues - one is my OUT OF CONTROL migraines... I fought & fought for the right to have my insurance pay for Botox A injections as a migraine preventative.

BOTOX

POISON

I can't believe it.

But, I was at the end of my rope - w/ both my RA & the other issues.

The flu? No. I won't expose my body to any other toxins or anything that can potentially further increase my illness - mercury, when researching some of my health issues - is always a huge red flag that comes up - "have you been checked for mercury levels in your system?". I won't add to it.

I am careful. Diligent. And I do my best to make well rounded & well informed decisions about my healthcare & everything else.

I believe most people get these shots merely because either they are just told to, so they do, or they are afraid - especially when they hear there may not be enough for everyone - something I truly think is said intentionally to instill fear & thereby more compliance.

My exDIL is afraid of being fired from her job if she refuses either the flu or H1Ni - my grandbaby's daycare is insisting & I am encouraging her to resist.

We cannot give in to fear & dissemination of misinformation.

A bit off topic but all related in my head...

Best Health to all & to all a good night!

Thinky
When my companysays you have to get a tb test....its against my religion, vaccine....its against my religion. They can not force you or they would have major law suits on hand. Ever wonder what might have caused your RA? its a side effect of...guess what...vaccines. As with the migraines as well. We are poisoning our bodies because we've been told....what if...fear, fear. Guess what when my daughter was six...she got the whooping cough, i treaed her naturally and she survived, no vaccine needed. Its hard to practicce medicine and not believe in it, but where i currently live i have no other alternative. Hopefully in the near future I will. I do realize and use medcine everyday to save lives, but most people wouldn't have needed the medicine if they had taken care of the problem from day one. I realiz things like accidents happen and then i am glad we have meds but willingly nd knowingly injecting poisons...just incase....is crazy! And the above is also right if they pick the wrong strand...the effectiveness is 0% and its happened numerous times and no one got a refund on those vaccines did they!!

Old 10-12-2009, 02:40 PM

4,621 posts, read 10,497,588 times
Quote:
Let me break it down further...

Thimerosal has never been shown to cause any of the things the anti vaccine crowd would like you to believe it has including autism..

FluMist contains an attenuated strain of virus which has been formulated to only survive in the colder atmosphere of the nose....can't survive in the warmer environments of the respiratory tract.

Efficacy is in the 93% range....a tad bit better than the 45% mentioned above.

The FluMist will not make you sick other than nasal symptoms as it sets up housekeeping in your nares.

Tamiflu has significantly more side effects than the flu vaccine, prevention is still better than treatment after the fact...

I do recommend vaccines because they are proven safe and proven effective despite what the naysayers like to think.

Using Live, Attenuated Influenza Vaccine for Prevention and Control of Influenza

Old 10-12-2009, 02:52 PM

4,152 posts, read 9,579,339 times
Quote:
Ever wonder what might have caused your RA? its a side effect of...guess what...vaccines. As with the migraines as well.
hmmm, well, i have a very good friend who is a neurologist at UCLA who would be real interested in the details of that accusation.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:13 PM

We all have our theories, I have mine and there's alot of proof out there that backs it up. I have seen first hand when the flu vaccine causes seizures. I have also seen healty happy developmentally sound children develop autism after vaccines, my best friends daughter was one of those children. I have had three pts develop seizures after the flu vaccine!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Arthritis and vaccines do some research for your self

Old 10-12-2009, 08:28 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
I am no expert but from what I read the flu mist did not do as well as the shots the last few seasons.Here the heath dept is giivng the seasonal for free at driveup locations. $10.00 of you don't live in the city.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 PM

4,152 posts, read 9,579,339 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link, but there was no mention of migraines as a being caused be vaccines.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 AM

4,621 posts, read 10,497,588 times
Quote:
whaleto doesn't count as "research"...

There is no evidence linking vaccination with RA or other forms of arthritis..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness