U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:30 PM

3,440 posts, read 7,046,744 times

Advertisements

You know, a nurse on here told us that strangers can just come in a visit the patient; and that is so true, so I don't see how forcing heath care workers to vaccinate themselves is going to "protect" the patient if a stranger can just come in and spread something. One solution for health care workers to avoid forced vacinations is that they could ban all outside contact from visitors and just closely monitor all heath care workers of there vital signs at each shift with the use of the laser gun that reads the body temperature. They do this to everybody on there way to China.

YouTube - Pandemic Flu - Bejing Airport (China)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 07:45 PM

3,440 posts, read 7,046,744 times
Here is a good list of the ingredients in the fluMist and other vaccines. I did not know FluMist had MSG in it; that's banned (if I'm not mistaken) to use as a food additive. Also, do your research on polysorbate 80 which is in FLUARIX that stuff can make it across the blood brain barrier. Hmm, why would polysorbate 80 be in a vaccine? I know in the pubmed database they used polysorbate 80 to coat nanoparticles.

The Closes I've Found To An Ingredient List... - None/Select/Delayed vaccinations - BabyCenter...

Last edited by Morphous01; 10-16-2009 at 07:55 PM..

Old 10-16-2009, 08:22 PM

1,195 posts, read 2,121,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcats View Post
I had the FluMist this year... never had a flu shot before. I generally prefer to let my immune system take care of things that won't kill me, like the flu, but decided this year to try it out. My employer paid the $7.

I had some congestion and sinus stuffiness in the days following it, but I'm allergic to cats and have a houseful of them and most days I have those symptoms so can't say that it was the FluMist.

Here we are a month later and other people at work are going down with the flu. I haven't yet, knock on wood. And all of us vaccinated ones marched through shedding our live-vaccine-induced virus (if that's even true) quite some time ago. I doubt our shedding was responsible for the current cases. It'll be interesting when everyone gets back to see who were the ones who got the vaccine and who were the ones who didn't.
My Rheumatologist who is very level headed & not prone to extremes one way or the other, along w/ at least two healthcare associations I belong to related to some of my specific health issues all say that the nasal flu vaccine is a NO NO NO NO NO for those vulnerable populations & that anyone who's had it should strongly avoid any exposure to said populations for at least 21 days. Period.

I'm rather mystified as to why this nasal version is even being offered when it puts ME & others who are more vulnerable at greater risk - because people who are often completely uninformed go & get it & then walk around exposing everyone to the live flu virus.

VERY CONCERNING!!!

I'd be not a bit surprised if many of those around you at work ended up w/ the flu because of your uninformed & therefore, IMHO, careless attitude/exposure to them.

Nice.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 PM

530 posts, read 568,225 times
So yeah run get the vaccine then you can expose even more people who will next yr go out and buy the vaccine...sounds like a win win for rx companies!The best way to not get it...WASH YOUR HANDS!

Old 10-19-2009, 08:53 PM

96 posts, read 298,804 times
People with a compromised immune system should not get the flu mist because it is a live vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness