U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:43 PM

4,631 posts, read 10,518,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I don't have time to go into it. I just hope others research and don't take your word for it. You can have my daughter's vaccine, and mine as well Good luck with that!
Maybe you would like to educate us again on how vaccines are "digested"

Oh yeah, you made that up

You don't have time to go into it because you don't understand the concepts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 04:46 PM

2,868 posts, read 8,452,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
You base your research on propoganda fed to you by mainstream media and doctors. Guess who educates those doctors you trust so much, guess who gives them paid vacations (not they need someone too). You guessed it!
Uh...wrong answer. Do you really think pharma teaches students at Harvard Medical School? The perks from pharma are done with. Most facilities don't accept anymore. So are you calling UNICEF a bunk orginization? What about the WHO? And I can personally tell you that my husband has never been taught by a pharm company nor has he ever taken a perk...EVER. Time to expand your knowledge base. Why don't you look at numbers/stats in Europe? or in 3rd world countries?

Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,658,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

You have fun being wrong! Everything you put into your body is digested in some way. Your immune system is in your stomach. That's where digestion occurs. I don't have time to get into it because it is a waste trying to argue with people on such a subject where each is set in their ways. This is a very touchy subject and neither position moves after name calling and much wasted debate.

I also don't have time to get "into it" with people who only read their believed info on websites!

I've been to seminars all over and read books and medical journals. I have family members who are nutritionists as well.

I could send links to support my "digestion" comment, but YOU are not worth it to me and as mean as it sounds, I'd rather you NOT have the correct info

Old 12-17-2008, 04:53 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,324,602 times
Quote:

And you dont wanna look at the other side of things either.

I am no doctor or scientist nor do I claim to be but you look at both sides of the equation and using common sense you make a desicion that works best for you/your family. Mia has decided against vaccines and I totally understand why. You think they are ok, thats fine too. In fact I want a lot of ppl to be for vaccines because if too many ppl stop getting them they will force us too....

Old 12-17-2008, 05:01 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,324,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Uh...wrong answer. Do you really think pharma teaches students at Harvard Medical School? The perks from pharma are done with. Most facilities don't accept anymore. So are you calling UNICEF a bunk orginization? What about the WHO? And I can personally tell you that my husband has never been taught by a pharm company nor has he ever taken a perk...EVER. Time to expand your knowledge base. Why don't you look at numbers/stats in Europe? or in 3rd world countries?

Would it be outrageous to assume Unicef and WHO could be corrupted too? Is it so hard to believe? Did you ever think these 3rd world countries have problems with diseases cause the conditions are awful?

I dont think they help and are loaded with our chemichals which are not neccesary. Ask you husband about "hot lots". Its a term used for injections that are made with too much toxins and cause children to get ill or worse from these vaccines.

Once again even if they do prevent polio do the benifits outweight the risk? As long as its always an option I won't get vaccines for anything. Its a chance I am willing to take. You want those vaccines, thats fine too....everybody is happy then :-)

Last edited by CleanCutHippie; 12-17-2008 at 05:14 PM..

Old 12-17-2008, 05:20 PM

15,535 posts, read 29,278,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
If your getting your facts from that site, then you need to expand your research. Like I said before, I base my decisions on medical fact and data from all over the world. Not a single bias site set up by a mad parent.
Bless your heart, Danielle, you are so innocent. Medicine is a multi-billion dollar BUSINESS. It is an industry. And business and industry has but one concern and that is "THE BOTTOM LINE". The reason that medicine supports vaccination (and a bajillion other things) is because it makes them money! If VACCINATIONS WORKED they would be against them just like they are against vitamin supplements, holistic treatments, etc. Because if they worked, they would eradicate the very diseases that bring in MONEY.

That is why the medical profession will NEVER, EVER acknowledge a cure or successful treatments for cancer that falls outside of their treatment protocols. Because they can't make money on things that work. Only on things that DON'T WORK.

Wow, it boggles my mind that so many people believe as you do. It's a little scary actually.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-17-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
You have fun being wrong! Everything you put into your body is digested in some way. Your immune system is in your stomach. That's where digestion occurs. I don't have time to get into it because it is a waste trying to argue with people on such a subject where each is set in their ways. This is a very touchy subject and neither position moves after name calling and much wasted debate.

I also don't have time to get "into it" with people who only read their believed info on websites!

I've been to seminars all over and read books and medical journals. I have family members who are nutritionists as well.

I could send links to support my "digestion" comment, but YOU are not worth it to me and as mean as it sounds, I'd rather you NOT have the correct info
Wow....Wow

There is so much wrong here I don't know where to begin.

Immune system is in your stomach Ok so you failed anatomy

An injection into a muscle is NOT digested in any sense of the word, it is directly absorbed into the bloodstream completely bypassing the GI tract...or maybe the GI system is located in the upper arm in YOUR version of human anatomy

FWIW I don't get my info from the web and I actually have more than a passing knowledge of anatomy and physiology, something you obviously lack.

I seriously doubt you have ever been to a seminar in your life and you go ahead and find a nutritionist that will back you on your warped ideas of immune system location and digestion of vaccinations that never see the inside of the GI system....

Unbelievable.....

Old 12-17-2008, 06:33 PM

[quote=bluedevilz;6605260]Wow....Wow

An injection into a muscle is NOT digested in any sense of the word, it is directly absorbed into the bloodstream completely bypassing the GI tract...or maybe the GI system is located in the upper arm in YOUR version of human anatomy

FWIW I don't get my info from the web and I actually have more than a passing knowledge of anatomy and physiology, something you obviously lack.

Gastrointestinal tract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Digestive Problems & The Immune System

I was actually about to say the SAME thing to you!

All of the systems work together!

And Yes, a huge part of the immune system has to do with the stomach!

Here are those websites everyone likes to throw out there

Old 12-17-2008, 07:12 PM

[quote=miasmommy;6605963]
Quote:
Wow....Wow

Gastrointestinal tract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Digestive Problems & The Immune System

I was actually about to say the SAME thing to you!

All of the systems work together!

And Yes, a huge part of the immune system has to do with the stomach!

Here are those websites everyone likes to throw out there
So......what exactly do you think you have proven????

That the "immune system" resides in the stomach.....nope

That injected vaccines are somehow "digested"......nope again.

The "immune system" isn't a collection of contiguous organs that work together to perform a specific function like the respiratory system, cardiovasclular system, GI system, etc.

Does the GI system have a role in immunity...sure....does the system "reside in the stomach" as you asserted....most definitely NOT.

Not everything that enters the body is "digested" that is also just flat out WRONG.

Its kind of cute that you think you can deny me the correct information seeing as I have undergraduate and graduate degrees in biology and my life's work is healthcare.....but you keep searching the web and doing your "research"

Old 12-17-2008, 08:44 PM

[quote=bluedevilz;6606568]
Quote:

So......what exactly do you think you have proven????

That the "immune system" resides in the stomach.....nope

That injected vaccines are somehow "digested"......nope again.

The "immune system" isn't a collection of contiguous organs that work together to perform a specific function like the respiratory system, cardiovasclular system, GI system, etc.

Does the GI system have a role in immunity...sure....does the system "reside in the stomach" as you asserted....most definitely NOT.

Not everything that enters the body is "digested" that is also just flat out WRONG.

Its kind of cute that you think you can deny me the correct information seeing as I have undergraduate and graduate degrees in biology and my life's work is healthcare.....but you keep searching the web and doing your "research"

You are why people are starting to doubt their healthcare!

I only gave websites because that is the "cute" thing everyone does to prove their points around here! I have correct info, and as I said before I have NOT gotten it from websites.

You are not telling me anything I do not know already. And you are not understanding the point I was trying to make.

I DO however understand what you are trying to do.

You can keep going and post how stupid or ignorant I am, it does do anybody any good. There are some of you out there whos life is this posting crapola.

I don't care what education you have had , it doesn't make you an expert. The only for sure thing math! The human body and the way it works is looked at differently by different groups of people.

The post was about what vaccines adults need not attempting to point out what you believe to be the shortcomings of others.

So, what vaccines do adults need? Well, I would say none. Your immune system is probably shot from all vaccines you didn't need in the first place as a child.

Oh yea, what hospital/health care facility do you work for? I need to tell people I love to steer clear.................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness