Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:32 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,940,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
YES YES YES YES it WAS:

Polio
No, you are incorrect.

In the December 15 (Volume 47; Number 12; Page 1587-1592) Clinical Infectious Diseases journal, there is an EXCELLENT review of the history of polio and the vaccines: how the inactivated vaccine was developed first, followed by the Sabin (attenuated) vaccine and how that the tide has turned to once again use the Salk (inactivated) vaccine again. It also highlights the places in the world where polio is still a major problem and a source for potential global dissemination of the virus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 12:54 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
No, you are incorrect.

In the December 15 (Volume 47; Number 12; Page 1587-1592) Clinical Infectious Diseases journal, there is an EXCELLENT review of the history of polio and the vaccines: how the inactivated vaccine was developed first, followed by the Sabin (attenuated) vaccine and how that the tide has turned to once again use the Salk (inactivated) vaccine again. It also highlights the places in the world where polio is still a major problem and a source for potential global dissemination of the virus.

I don't have time to go into it. I just hope others research and don't take your word for it. You can have my daughter's vaccine, and mine as well Good luck with that!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:54 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
No, you are incorrect.

It was prob. written up by a pharm company or someone compensated by them. A lot of intelligent ppl are not vaccinating their kids now. Unfortunately with or w/out vaccines some children will be born with problems but why inject them with toxins when its not necessary. You know the toxins vary batch to batch and its not known till children have been harmed how toxic the batch is....They refer to batches that are very toxic as "hot lots".

Old 12-17-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I don't have time to go into it. I just hope others research and don't take your word for it. You can have my daughter's vaccine, and mine as well Good luck with that!
Right on, kudos to you. some ppl just refuse to accept that the pharm companies can be such scumbags....I can understand why ppl want to believe in the good and not face the reality of what these monsters are up to. Your childs health/life is worth whatever profit they make off that vaccine....scary stuff.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:04 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times
YOu can blame 'big pharma' all you want here in this country...but you can not do that globally. Polio is still very much a problem in other countries...if it were 'just going away' or 'on a decline', then why is it not gone yet? Oh, I will tell you why it is *now* declining in those countries,,,because they initiated a global effort to vaccinate those kids that is why...no other reason.

Have you ever heard of UNICEF? Or how about GPEI?
Let me guess, "big pharma" has it's hands all over UNICEF and WHO right? You can point fingers and claim whatever you want, you can not refute GLOBAL stats and disease rates...and big pharma has nothing to do with that... Globally.

The GPEI was created in 1988 when the members of the World Health Assembly agreed to establish a global goal to eradicate polio. At that time, wild poliovirus was endemic in more than 125 countries on five continents, paralyzing more than 1,000 children every day. Now polio is endemic in four countries and this year less than 1,500 cases have been reported so far worldwide.

UNICEF - Press centre - UNICEF inducted into Polio Hall of Fame

Old 12-17-2008, 01:25 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Yay, rampant spread of deadly diseases for everyone! Hurray!!!
If you would research this you would discover that all major deadly diseases such as polio and smallpox were already in significant decline when vaccines for them were "discovered". Their decline was due to improvement in sanitation and living conditions as well as a greater understanding of transmission.

Doctors do not even believe that they work. When you go to the doctor's office take a document that states "I do hereby guarantee that the patient will never contract the illness that they are being vaccinated for, and if they do I agree to pay $1,000,000" and see if they will sign it. I promise you they will not because they KNOW that vaccinations do not prevent nor cure any disease. And no one can prove otherwise. Correlation does not indicate causation.

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by 20yrsinBranson; 12-17-2008 at 02:43 PM..

Old 12-17-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If you would research this you would discover that all major deadly diseases such as polio and smallpox were already in significant decline when vaccines for them were "discovered". Their decline was due to improvement in sanitation and living conditions as well as a greater understanding of transmission.

Doctor's do not even believe that they work. When you go to the doctor's office take a document that states "I do hereby guarantee that the patient will never contract the illness that they are being vaccinated for, and if they do I agree to pay $1,000,000" and see if they will sign it. I promise you they will not because they KNOW that vaccinations do not prevent nor cure any disease. And no one can prove otherwise. Correlation does not indicate causation.

20yrsinBranson
That is about the most untrue statement ever written...Again, go read UNICEF's site...what do you think they do? Is that a bunch of bunk? Please site your source of info.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:46 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
That is about the most untrue statement ever written...Again, go read UNICEF's site...what do you think they do? Is that a bunch of bunk? Please site your source of info.
Please go to vaclib.org and see for yourself. I do not have to convince anyone, the statistics will bear me out.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-17-2008, 03:08 PM

If your getting your facts from that site, then you need to expand your research. Like I said before, I base my decisions on medical fact and data from all over the world. Not a single bias site set up by a mad parent.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
If your getting your facts from that site, then you need to expand your research. Like I said before, I base my decisions on medical fact and data from all over the world. Not a single bias site set up by a mad parent.
You base your research on propoganda fed to you by mainstream media and doctors. Guess who educates those doctors you trust so much, guess who gives them paid vacations (not they need someone too). You guessed it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness