Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 AM

548 posts, read 1,476,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
The thing is, Gardisil is NOT a mandatory vaccine. It is strictly optional. After hearing the "side effects" on their commercials and doing some simple online research, I will not get this vaccine for my daughter. Even her pediatrcian agrees that it's not something that's necessary and will not recommend it to anyone.

I don't think anyone here "knowingly" shot their daughter up with anything that would hurt them. However, before you get any type of optional treatments, medications, vaccines, etc, you should do your research.
Texas "requires" this vaccine for girls entering 6th grade. I put requires in quotes because anyone can opt out of having their children vaccinated by completing the proper paperwork. Unfortunately, they don't inform parents that they do have a choice in the matter. Many parent trust doctors and the government have our childrens' best interest in mind, when sadly that is not always the case.

Texas orders STD vaccine for all girls - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

Hearing about these horrible experiences makes me sick to my stomach. I am so sorry for all the girls who are suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with them and their families.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,643 times
Default Concerned mom about gardasil vaccine.

hey there. When my daughter was 15 she received the gardasil vaccine along with another vaccine. The first one in june of 07. And the second one in august of 07. She did not receive the third shot. About a month after the second shot she started having seizures. We have taken her to different doctors and neurologists and she has been on several different kinds of seizure medicines. She has had to take up to 3 different seizure medicines at a time. The seizures have not been controlled with the medicine yet. She's had MRI's, Ct Scans, EEG's, and all of the tests have came back normal. We have brought it to the doctors attention that we think it is the gardasil shot and they do not agree but it is the only thing that we have done different. We do not have a family history of seizures. My daughter has always been healthy untill she received the gardasil vaccine. She has never been able to drive. I know my daughter doesn't have the same symptoms as your daughter does but both of our daughters need help. There are countless other girls and young women that are going through the same problems and many different problems since the gardasil vaccine. I have read in many different forums about many other girls having seizures, and all other health problems including death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Hi ya'll,

My 17 year old daughter got the Gardasil vaccine the end of May.Since then she has had nothing but problems, including being in the ICU for a couple of days because of pericarditis.She also has excruciating head aches,fatigue,shortness of breath, chest pain,stomach pains,loss of appetite and so on and so on. The doctors now think it's effecting her auto immune system.( Two of her pediatricians agree it was the shot) This was a girl that was running about 10 miles a day before the shot and now can't walk upstairs without resting. At any rate, we are waiting on an appointment to see the Rheumatologist and have just started seeing a naturopath. The problem is that this shot and it's effects are so new no one really knows what to do with her,and the Docors sort of just try to treat what they think is going on. I'm at a loss, she has gotten very weak and hasn't been to school in two weeks now. I have adjusted her diet, and am limiting red meat and fat, and trying to feed her mostly fruits/ vegetables and lean meat. I've thought about contacting teaching hospitals, both those that teach conventional and alternative methods. I just thought I would see if anyone out there has any other ideas. She's just getting worse and worse and I need help.

Thanks for ANYTHING you can suggest. I would take her to Canada if that would make her better,so we are open to almost anything.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,643 times
hey there. When my daughter was 15 she received the gardasil vaccine along with another vaccine. The first one in june of 07. And the second one in august of 07. She did not receive the third shot. About a month after the second shot she started having seizures. We have taken her to different doctors and neurologists and she has been on several different kinds of seizure medicines. She has had to take up to 3 different seizure medicines at a time. The seizures have not been controlled with the medicine yet. She's had MRI's, Ct Scans, EEG's, and all of the tests have came back normal. We have brought it to the doctors attention that we think it is the gardasil shot and they do not agree but it is the only thing that we have done different. We do not have a family history of seizures. My daughter has always been healthy untill she received the gardasil vaccine. She has never been able to drive. I know my daughter doesn't have the same symptoms as your daughter does but both of our daughters need help. There are countless other girls and young women that are going through the same problems and many different problems since the gardasil vaccine. I have read in many different forums about many other girls having seizures, and all other health problems including death.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,964,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowtree2222 View Post
I had a reaction to it as well.. My back broke out with large puss-filled bumps that HURT so bad.. It took 2 months for them to go away.. I say Don't get the vaccine!

How are you doing now? I know of several girls who have developed similiar conditions after getting gardasil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay18 View Post
Shay, how is everything now? And you're right about all these girls - and now boys, too - needing our help. I have found a couple things that help a little. It's been over three years, and she has some good days finally - but is not and has never been anywhere near as healthy as she was prior to gardasil. She finally managed ( barely) to graduate high school, but lost all of her scholarships, etc - it has definitely changed her life. There's a website Truth About Gardasil dot org, you can contact me through there if you want to reach me. I hope your daughter is doing better, and Willow, I hope you are, as well!

Old 07-03-2011, 10:40 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,228,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
The thing is, Gardisil is NOT a mandatory vaccine. It is strictly optional. After hearing the "side effects" on their commercials and doing some simple online research, I will not get this vaccine for my daughter. Even her pediatrcian agrees that it's not something that's necessary and will not recommend it to anyone.

I don't think anyone here "knowingly" shot their daughter up with anything that would hurt them. However, before you get any type of optional treatments, medications, vaccines, etc, you should do your research.
Agreed...and that goes for ALL childhood vaccines as well....I'm very sorry to hear about all these beautiful young women having to go through this because they trusted the cdc, and the fda to look out for their health, when in reality, theyre really looking out for the almighty doller. Gardasil death totals could be much higher than expected | Vaccine Injury Help Center - Vaccine Injury Lawyers & Resource

Old 07-03-2011, 11:01 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,228,768 times
Avoid ALL VACCINATIONS*...... Dr. Andrew Moulden is an expert on vaccines, and definately worth looking at.....

Old 07-03-2011, 06:39 PM

37,016 posts, read 41,057,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Avoid ALL VACCINATIONS*...... Dr. Andrew Moulden is an expert on vaccines, and definately worth looking at.....

On Andrew Moulden:

Lowell Hubbs: Vaccine Conspiracy Theorist: Quack of the Day: "Dr" Andrew Moulden (http://lowellhubbs.blogspot.com/2011/01/quack-of-day-dr-andrew-moulden.html - broken link)

An "expert"? I think not!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,693,646 times
Even whale.to doesn't buy into Moulden's malarchy:

Dr. Andrew Moulden

Old 07-04-2011, 06:20 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,932,735 times
I have five daughters and none of them will be getting this vaccine. I don't trust it.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:32 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,693,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I have five daughters and none of them will be getting this vaccine. I don't trust it.
It's a tough decision to make, I think. You have to weigh the risks to your own children and decide which is the least harmful risk:

Side effects for Gardasil (or Ceravix - Gardasil isn't the only vaccine).

Or knowing that at least 2 out of your 5 daughters will contract HPV at some point in their lives, and that HPV is the *primary* (not the only) cause of cervical cancer.

So - you want to risk your daughters going through cervical cancer? Or you want to risk the side effects of the vaccine.

You're risking their lives, either way you do it. There is no simple solution yet. Hopefully some day there will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness