Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:57 PM

536 posts, read 2,149,191 times

Advertisements

I got the shots at 25, which was last year and haven't had any weird side effects. I'll keep you posted if I do.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,104 times
Happeemomee, I just wanted to try to get ahold of you to see if your daughter is doing any better? My daughter got her shot in Jan, she started having abdominal pain a few days later. She was then hospitalized on April 20, 2008 with pancreatitis. They thought it was due to a virus until two weeks later she started having more problems. She then started seeing a gastroenterologist. He did nothing for her. So, now she is doing slightly better and wanted to know what you have found out? I would love to hear from you! Thanks, Jamie

Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,374,970 times
I think we are now seeing that this drug is nothing more than a scam used by the drug companies just to make money. Over 4,000 women died of cervical cancer last year. This number is infintesimal compared to what ppl are dying from in this country or other western nations. It's shocking why ppl are being pushed to give this drug to their children or to take it themselves. No one is dying from cervical cancer. You're MUCH more likely to die in a car crash on your way to the pharmacy to get this drug.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,876,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
No one is dying from cervical cancer.
Where did you find this information from? Can you please provide the source that states that nobody is dying from cervical cancer?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:29 PM

41,788 posts, read 74,825,163 times
This is really frightening. I have nothing to offer but prayers for a full recovery for all the girls going through this nightmare.

If I had a daughter I'd think twice --probably 10 times over, or more -- about allowing her to have this vaccine. The risks seem too great.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,991 times
I understand exactly what you are going through. My daughter has had an excruciating headache with fatigue, muscle spasms, body pain to name a few since the Gardasil shot. There was a delay of about a week after her 2nd shot before the headache began. The sinus and cold symptoms came first. We have been to every type of physician, emergency rooms, and a hospital stay without any success. She missed 3 months of school last spring and we realized the definite cause of her headache after the 3rd shot when her symptoms increased back up full force. Now 5 months after the third shot and a hospital stay, she is now suffering as much as the beginning and is back out of school. We have tried so many different headache medications without any relief. I would never recommend this shot to anyone because I would not want anyone to have to see their child suffer as mine still is. The doctors do not know what to do and so many still do not want to admit that Gardasil is the cause. You do not go from a healthy young teenager to a child unable to hold her head up without severe pain, sunglasses and ear plugs required and the knowledge that she has lost her short term memory.

Have you had any success in finding something or someone to help your daughter's pain? After almost a year, we are not getting any positive feedback that this is not permanent.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:58 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,407,919 times
Wow. Just going through this thread and can't believe what I am reading. I had a bad feeling about that damn vaccine from the beginning. Those drug companies were pushing so hard to convince everyone they needed to get their kids vaccinated. Damn them.

My heart goes out to you mothers and your daughters here. I feel your daughter will get better with time, but what hell to have to go through. Let us know how things go.

Woofers

Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,407,919 times
Here is a blog about a young girl who suffered paralysis after the shot:
Jenny's Journey

Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,534,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Here is a blog about a young girl who suffered paralysis after the shot:
Jenny's Journey
From what I read, they don't think her paralysis is fromt he vaccine.
They are thinking, juvenile-onset ALS or motor neuron disease.

She also has a long history of medical conditions/delays since she was an infant.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:01 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,963,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Wow. Just going through this thread and can't believe what I am reading. I had a bad feeling about that damn vaccine from the beginning. Those drug companies were pushing so hard to convince everyone they needed to get their kids vaccinated. Damn them.

I remember when the commercials started airing before the vaccine was released to the public: "Tell someone you love the cervical cancer is caused by a virus!" I KNEW they were going to start hawking a vaccine very soon after that... all of the hype over HPV that I learned about in health class 15 years prior.

I pray that all of your daughters recover, and that your stories help someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness