U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 05:11 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,983,675 times

Advertisements

Okay, haven't read responses of others but i do have 3 very important recommendations:

First: GET HIM ON PROBIOTICS IMMEDIATELY!!!

I'm not the one to judge, but antibiotics should be completely last resort. Besides, I really do not believe they are that helpful with ear infections anyway. However, what is done is done and now with all those antibiotics, he has no friendly bacteria left and you need to put him on probiotics to restore all the friendly bacteria that was killed by antibiotics.

Second: COD LIVER OIL. Very very important for immune system.

Third: check him for allergies. Cow's milk is a child's worst enemy if he suffers from constant congestion, mucus and ear infections.

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 08:10 PM

5,217 posts, read 4,111,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Okay, haven't read responses of others but i do have 3 very important recommendations:

First: GET HIM ON PROBIOTICS IMMEDIATELY!!!

I'm not the one to judge, but antibiotics should be completely last resort. Besides, I really do not believe they are that helpful with ear infections anyway. However, what is done is done and now with all those antibiotics, he has no friendly bacteria left and you need to put him on probiotics to restore all the friendly bacteria that was killed by antibiotics.

Second: COD LIVER OIL. Very very important for immune system.

Third: check him for allergies. Cow's milk is a child's worst enemy if he suffers from constant congestion, mucus and ear infections.

Good luck
Thank you..

What is a good brand of probiotics to get for children. dosage..etc.?

Old 10-04-2008, 08:44 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,233,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
My son is constantly sick and it's frustrating me.

He had an ear infection. Was fine and then got another ear infection about a week or two later (whenever he has a little runny nose it always turns into an ear infection). Went on antibiotics for 10 days, finsihed the round on a Tuesday and by Friday he was sick again with a fever and soar throat. Back to Dr. .. and his ear infection was back.

Took another round of antibiotics for 10 days. Finished this past Tuesday and tis afternoon he woke up from a VERY LONG afternoon nap (uncharacteristically long) and was warm Took his temp and was 100.9.

While he's on the antibiotic and for a few after he's fine.. appetite is good, playfull.. and then BAM fever.

Anybody have similar problems. Really worried about why he's sick all the time.. poor thing!
Antibiotics are strong, harsh medicine and should only be used in a life or death situation. I have not taken antibiotics in over 20 years. I see a growing dependency on them and I also see the children that take them have the same issues that you are posting about.

First of all, if your kid is in daycare you need to take him out. Daycare is a seething pit of germs. Children just pass their diseases around and get sicker and sicker. Secondly, if your child is drinking ANYTHING with sugar in it, you need to cut it out immediately. Sugar has been proven to feed bacteria and other disease-causing germs and viruses. Finally, you need to bolster his immune system with NATURAL supplements (particularly vitamin C) such as echinacea, elderberry, etc. But most of all, you need to get him off the antibiotics as soon as possible because they only worsen the problem over time.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 PM

8,668 posts, read 19,914,691 times
I had to take my son out of the church nursery for awhile. Took him back when he was about 2 and he did fine there. Being in the nursery environment or not did make a difference though.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:14 AM

9,444 posts, read 14,983,675 times
Quote:
Thank you..

What is a good brand of probiotics to get for children. dosage..etc.?
I think that your health food store would have acidophoulous for sure, there is no particular brand that i love, it's not like food supplements where some are much more superiour then others. i think you can geta good recommendation on the brand and dosage from the local health food store.
good luck to you.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:20 AM

11,102 posts, read 12,799,363 times
Quote:
My son is constantly sick and it's frustrating me.

He had an ear infection. Was fine and then got another ear infection about a week or two later (whenever he has a little runny nose it always turns into an ear infection). Went on antibiotics for 10 days, finsihed the round on a Tuesday and by Friday he was sick again with a fever and soar throat. Back to Dr. .. and his ear infection was back.

Took another round of antibiotics for 10 days. Finished this past Tuesday and tis afternoon he woke up from a VERY LONG afternoon nap (uncharacteristically long) and was warm Took his temp and was 100.9.

While he's on the antibiotic and for a few after he's fine.. appetite is good, playfull.. and then BAM fever.

Anybody have similar problems. Really worried about why he's sick all the time.. poor thing!
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet or not,but you may want to check for black mold in your home.We have lived through hell with that.If that turns out to be the case,MOVE!!!! I hope it's not,but you should check all the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness