U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:26 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,643,324 times

Advertisements

I would go to the doctor and make sure that it is not bacterial. Then, invest in a Neti pot. Sounds gross, but it is supposed to keep the nasal passages clear with the saline solution. Dr. Oz talks about this and I just bought one. I have heard people say that they never get infections or have allergy problems when they use the Neti Pot. It seems that people who have sinusitis get it often. Same with strep and all of those annoying change of weather problems. I haven't tried my Neti Pot because I am just recovering from pneumonia, but I plan to start using it as soon as I am off the antibiotics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 06:50 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,978,274 times
I've also used Sinufresh nasal spray to ward off a sinus infection. It's over the counter. It is pretty strong when you first use it, but it definately works!!

Old 10-11-2008, 11:20 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,636,934 times
I ended up filling the RX. I think i've only had another sinus infection once in my life. I'm starting to feel better. Seems like things are loosening up now and I'm not as tired as I was. I also got some nasal spray, which seemed to help at first, but then seemed like it was making the inside of my nose burn.

Thanks for the advise everyone.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:32 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,123,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
I've also used Sinufresh nasal spray to ward off a sinus infection. It's over the counter. It is pretty strong when you first use it, but it definately works!!
Where did you get Sinufresh? I need something more. I want to get a neti to clean out the sinuses, but that can be done often as it's just salt and water. Thanks!

Old 10-11-2008, 03:09 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,978,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
Where did you get Sinufresh? I need something more. I want to get a neti to clean out the sinuses, but that can be done often as it's just salt and water. Thanks!
It's over the counter. I think I got it at Walgreens. I believe you use it 2X/day.

You can also just use a saline nasal spray. I think you can use the saline ones a more often.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:44 PM

170 posts, read 744,838 times
How much grapeseed extract do you recommend?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:55 PM

5,554 posts, read 5,867,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
Should I be concerned?

My daughter gave me her head cold. For the last 3 days i've had this awful post nasal drip that tastes bitter and sour and smells really bad? Also my jaw is killing me to the point where I can barely chew.

It doesn't seem to be a different color, but it tastes so bad.

Not sure if I have a fever, just feel really tired.
Here's what Dr. Andrew Weil said (I took notes on this a few years ago):

Eliminate milk from diet - unfortunately, takes 2 weeks to take effect but can't hurt to start. Rinse out nose with salt water. Inhale and spit out. I saw a doctor/commentator perform this on TV. He actually put it in his nose and snuffed it out of his nose.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:08 AM

544 posts, read 1,992,943 times
I love hot showers to help clear the sinuses. I just let the hot water run down my face for about 5 minutes.I also use Ocean nasal spray.Sinus infections are the worst. Remember having one so bad after having my second child, could not even function to take care of him, DH had to do everything. Then I cried every night begging DH to just cut my head off.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:35 PM

3,836 posts, read 6,606,791 times
I've been using a product called SinuOrega. It has oregano, bay leaf and clove in it. It has helped a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness