Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,117 times

Advertisements

I am 44 and I was wondering if anyone my age or around it and female, knows what the best diet pills are or other treatments are. I weigh 140 and am 5'6. My stomach is more bloated, but I have fat muscle too that I know needs excercise, but I hate crunches. I walk, swim, sometimes bike and am fairly fit, but this stomach is driving me crazy!!! I hate doing excercises, especially stomach ones. Does anyone know if Slimquick works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 08:19 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,387,300 times
I'm not sure about Slimquick don't even know what it is. I am 42 and as we are getting older it's a little harder to stay in shape. Our muscles aren't the same. Anyway I tend to carry a little puff around the middle and if I restrict my carbs it gets smaller. But I still have to do exercise to tighten everything up otherwise it's just smaller flab.

Lisa

Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,445,382 times
Part of it is aging. I wouldn't recommend a severe diet. You're not really overweight. Have you tried yoga or pilates?

If you go on a diet, try something that is high in fiber, vegetables, and lean protein. Think healthy and long term. You're already on the right track.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:37 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,488,743 times
If the bloating has never been checked by the doctor please do that first. After all checks out then consider liposuction. Sometimes there are just fat pouches that won't go away no matter how many crunches you do.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:00 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,659,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I am 44 and I was wondering if anyone my age or around it and female, knows what the best diet pills are or other treatments are. I weigh 140 and am 5'6. My stomach is more bloated, but I have fat muscle too that I know needs excercise, but I hate crunches. I walk, swim, sometimes bike and am fairly fit, but this stomach is driving me crazy!!! I hate doing excercises, especially stomach ones. Does anyone know if Slimquick works?

Same here, but I am older than you. I am 5'4 and weigh 138 lbs. My whole life I weighed 110 to 117 up until 2 years ago. I have this bloated stomach that hangs over my low rise jeans. I have to suck it in all the time. I am thinking my stomach muscles need to be tightened. I also have love handles. My feeling is lypo is the only cure. Fat in the middle section I heard is impossible to get rid of thru excercise. And I cannot afford lypo right now. I have so many clothes and jeans I have never worn and now nothing fits anymore. I hate myself not being skinny and a size 3 anymore! This is sooooo frustrating. I was also a professional dancer up until 3 years ago. That really kept me in great shape. I also have not done any excercising. And I am also hypothyroid so maybe that has to do with the weight gain ...dunno. I do know that a diet will not work in our case.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:08 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,837 times
Check to find out if its fat or loose skin or a medical problem before trying all the crazy stuff.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,834 times
Maybe try to control your insulin a little more with a diet like the Zone. I agree that diets do not work as well the older you get but I've been on the Zone since my late 20s and it works well when I do it. The most important thing is to get your blood sugar under control in the morning with a good breakfast. I think dairy foods are slightly bloating and prefer fish, eggs and meat as sources of protein. The key is to find foods you like and have them on a regular basis while also sticking to foods that mostly promote weight loss. (ie, high in protein, low glycemic, etc)

Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Maybe try to control your insulin a little more with a diet like the Zone. I agree that diets do not work as well the older you get but I've been on the Zone since my late 20s and it works well when I do it. The most important thing is to get your blood sugar under control in the morning with a good breakfast. I think dairy foods are slightly bloating and prefer fish, eggs and meat as sources of protein. The key is to find foods you like and have them on a regular basis while also sticking to foods that mostly promote weight loss. (ie, high in protein, low glycemic, etc)
Well I do not eat unhealthy and now I have a pain in the center of my chest, like an ulcer or something. It is definitely something gastrointestinal, because I look pregnant and I have never been fat. My stomach has a lot of gas too. I had acid reflux and colitis in the past also. I also have a thyroid problem and I am awaiting test results. I don't like diets. I believe in portion control and eating healthy. Diets are a waste. Americans are fat because of what they eat and the portions.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Same here, but I am older than you. I am 5'4 and weigh 138 lbs. My whole life I weighed 110 to 117 up until 2 years ago. I have this bloated stomach that hangs over my low rise jeans. I have to suck it in all the time. I am thinking my stomach muscles need to be tightened. I also have love handles. My feeling is lypo is the only cure. Fat in the middle section I heard is impossible to get rid of thru excercise. And I cannot afford lypo right now. I have so many clothes and jeans I have never worn and now nothing fits anymore. I hate myself not being skinny and a size 3 anymore! This is sooooo frustrating. I was also a professional dancer up until 3 years ago. That really kept me in great shape. I also have not done any excercising. And I am also hypothyroid so maybe that has to do with the weight gain ...dunno. I do know that a diet will not work in our case.
138 is not fat. I think curvy women look much better than skinny. 117 is too skinny!

Old 10-04-2008, 06:59 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,047,494 times
Have you considered temporarily omitting all high-fiber and gassy foods (beans, broccoli, whatever causes gas for you) and all dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.) from your diet ?

If you see an improvement in a day or two...... there's your answer! You can gradually go back to eating healthy fiber foods, but in small portions. This same thing happened to my daughter.. and as soon as she quit eating the gassy foods, she lost the boated belly!

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 10-04-2008 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness