Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 05:33 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,538 times

Advertisements

Hey Ladies.. im 41 and have been married for 25 years. i love sex with my husband and up until about 6 months ago having sex has turned into a nightmare. i dry up very quickly and unless my husband does oral(which i dont mind at all,but sometimes want a quicky) im dry. i dont like to use lube only cause it get sticky after and i would like to know if there is anything on the market in the way of a supplement that would help.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 06:30 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
It sounds like you need to go to your OBGYN and explain what is happening. That way if it's something medical, it can be addressed.
I think hormone changes can also have an effect.
Until then use lube. Ultra Glide is great and no stickier than natural.

Get to your OBGYN asap and good luck!

Old 10-10-2008, 08:27 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,342,985 times
Yep - AstroGlide works as well. Your GYN practitioner can do an exam and check that all's well. What ever you do, NO VASOLINE!!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:52 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
At 41, you could be having hormonal issues--go to the Gyn--if you happen to be starting the menopausal thing, there are lots of options! I'd been going through the same thing---and it's MISERABLE!!!! Got an Rx for a low-dose estrogen cream, and Voila! No more dryness! It's been a godsend!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:04 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,051,442 times
You are using the wrong type of lube. That KY stuff is junk. You need to use something called "sex grease"

Do a google search for it, it come in a black bottle with the words SEX GREASE in bold white on it, since I cannot post a link on here.

Does not get sticky at all and is like your body's own personal lubrication. No joke.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:29 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,170 times
I've started having similar problems, and we use something called Liquid Silk that is very effective and not at all sticky or greasy. It's as close to what I should be producing myself but am not that we've ever found.

Good luck to you and your good man, hope you find something that works for both of you!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:47 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Premenopausal - eat estrogen rich foods:
"Foods rich in phytoestrogens, a natural estrogen:

Soy.
Millet.
Barley.
Flax seed.
Lentils.
Kidney beans.
Lima beans.
Rye.
Clover.
Fennel.
Chickpeas (garbanzo beans).
Other foods containing the estrogen compound phytoestrogen include;

Apples.
Alfalfa sprouts.
Celery.
Parsley.
Beets.
Bok choy.
Broccoli.
Cauliflower.
Carrots.
Cucumbers.
Mushrooms.
Brussel sprouts.
Seaweeds.
Squash.
Pumpkin seeds.
Sunflower seeds.
Cherries.
Olives.
Pears.
Plums.
Tomatoes.
Prunes.
Barley.
Oats.
Brown rice.
Wheat germ.
Bulgur.
Brewer’s Yeast.
Black-eye peas.
Mung bean sprouts.
Navy beans.
Red beans.
Split peas.
Spices; cloves, ginger, hops, oregano, red raspberry, sage tea, thyme, turmeric.
Add pythoestrogens gradually to the daily diet, increasing the foods containing phytoestrogen to 30 to 50 mg per day. A simple add phytoestrogens to the diet is to incorporate one cup of soy yogurt mixed with one tablespoon fresh ground flax seed into your daily diet.

Soy foods containing phytoestrogens are found in many forms in your local health food store. There are soy noodles, soy hot dogs, soy milk, soy yogurt, soy cheese, soy flour, roasted soy beans, textured vegetable protein, tofu...

Soy foods can also be excellent sources of calcium, which help combat osteoporosis, a condition common among postmenopausal women. Calcium fortified soy milk is an excellent phytoestrogen rich food choice.

Flax seed is exceptionally excellent, not only as a food containing the estrogen-like phytoestrogen, but for general, all-around health. Flax seed taken daily decreases the risk of heart disease and certain cancers. Flax seed improves liver function, vastly improves the condition of dry skin, dull hair and brittle nails and is helpful in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis. Flax seed alleviates some allergies can lower total serum cholesterol levels by up to 9 percent, lowers LDL cholesterol levels by up to 18 percent, aids in weight loss, improves energy and is effective in treating depressions. Flax seed also improves mental functioning and alleviates some cases of asthma.

Following extensive research conducted on the powerful benefits of flax seed and flaxseed oil, the Women’s Menopause Health Center recommends that women consume two tablespoons of flaxseed oil daily, or one tablespoon of fresh-ground flax seed daily.

Milled flax seed contains a much greater concentration of lignans, protein and fiber. We recommend buying the flax seeds whole and grinding them yourself. A small coffee grinder will do the trick. "
natural estrogen replacement, rich foods high in estrogen, food containing estrogen, phytoestrogen, phytoestrogens, soy

Also if you use tampons, stop. It adds to the dryness of the tissue. Switch to something outside the body and you will notice a difference just based on that change.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:14 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Use coconut oil. Good lube, it's natural and it tastes good.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,407 times
A natural supplement called, "Maca" would also be a good addition to your diet. It helps with hormonal imbalances and sexual ability. Works very, very well. I am sure there are many sources for it but one place that I know has the pure form is Nutritional Living ([url=http://www.nutritional-living.com]Nutritional Living, Kingwood,Tx, Liberty,Tx, Health Supplements, Vitamins, Herbs, Minerals, Male Enhancement, Joint Pain, Cancer, Weight Loss, Energy, Diet, Arthritis, Dr Ward Bond. USA[/url]) 800-620-9975. They get their supply from Peru and it is also good for mental clarity, endurance, energy, stress reduction and promotes healthy hair, bones, teeth and muscle tone.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:17 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Dude here.

Saliva is an excellent lubricant (as you know from your experience with oral sex) and I use it when we have problems. Works great and is easily replenished. Just don't refer to it as spit as that might be a turn-off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness