U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 05:02 PM

9,163 posts, read 16,510,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice74 View Post
My mother is periodically having violent shaking. She looks like she is literally freezing, but does not feel cold. She does not drink caffiene, she is a crystal light gal. This happened 10 years ago periodically and went away for a while. Can anyone tell me what this is? She has seen the doctor about it and the doctor had no idea why it is occuring. BG level does fluctuate, but it always does. Why would this happen?>
A woman I knew a decade ago was having violent shaking episodes. She went to several doctors about it, including a major medical university hospital. Nobody could pinpoint the problem. It turned out to be the birth control injection she got yearly (Depo-Provera I believe). It seemed odd that none of the doctors suspected that; she knew another gal who had suffered the same symptoms after getting the same shot, presented that information to the doctor, and the riddle was solved.

That's probably not the cause of your mother's shaking, but I thought I'd throw it out here as a possibility.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,091 times
I have the EXACT same thing, have you found out why this happens?
My body randomly just starts to shake uncontrollably till I cover myself with a blanket or something.
PS I'm in 80 degree florida weather so there's no reason to be cold in the first place

Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,026 times
I'm twenty-one years old and I was diagnosed with anxiety back in April of 2011 which was one year after the death of my puppy of 16 years, Blackie. I haven't had an attack in almost a year but for some reason, I shake violently only when I'm cold but as soon as the furance comes on or I put on something warm, it stops.

Is this anxiety or am I just really cold?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 PM

2,190 posts, read 5,726,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLordFan1990 View Post
I'm twenty-one years old and I was diagnosed with anxiety back in April of 2011 which was one year after the death of my puppy of 16 years, Blackie. I haven't had an attack in almost a year but for some reason, I shake violently only when I'm cold but as soon as the furance comes on or I put on something warm, it stops.

Is this anxiety or am I just really cold?
You said you shake violently when you're cold so i'd say you're cold.
But if you're like me and tend to have a lot of tension in your body at times, the cold exacerbates it.
Stay warm.
And find ways to increase your circulation and keep the energy moving through your body whether it's cold or not.
Working with the body on the physical and energetic level is a good way to address issues of anxiety.
It made me so sad to read about your pup but that's a good long life for a dog.
I wish there life span was so much longer.
I've been through it and i could barely function for quite some time.
I was totally lost for a long time after she left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness