U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 05:17 AM

3,653 posts, read 7,260,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I thought at first it was a panic attack as I used to have these many years ago, but when the overwhelming heat overtook me, I began to think maybe it was a hot flash.

As far as acid reflux goes, I do have this, but these hot flashes hit when I was standing up and working around the house. I tend to have the acid reflux issues at night when I'm lying down (if I've eaten too late or haven't watched what I was eating.)

Thanks to all of you for the words of advice. I'm pretty convinced now that they were hot flashes. Other than my periods getting closer together, the hot flashes are the first true physical signs of impending menopause. I'll be so happy to be done with this transition stuff!!!
I have suffered panic attacks off and on over the years.
For me I get this overwhelming sense of doom and then I get really hot like I am sitting on a furnace that last for a minute or two then I cool off quick and then I am left with an anxious feeling. I am also hitting the wonderful world of meno...... I just can't bring my self to say it. If I wasn't loony already, I think I am on my way now. My cycles are screwed up, the Doc has me on "birth control" they are making my moods even crazier. AHHHH! Who the heck said life over 40 is easier. It was obviously a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 12:33 PM

5,119 posts, read 12,713,147 times
When my hot flashes get really "geared up" (and mine tend to come and go...) I get a claustrophobic feeling when they hit--it's just so uncomfortable! Thankfully, they don't last long, and I KNOW they won't, but for a few seconds.....
So, yes--you could be suffering in the same sort of way.
I know panic attacks, and what I'm having is NOT a panic attack! It's a lousy hot-flash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness