U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:48 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,325,091 times

Advertisements

I think any cloth or cup is best for laying around the house. If you are small they are just too big.
But cloth ones are great for sensitive skin. I was the p.i.t.a. baby that my mother had to use cloth diapers or I would break out in a rash. Plastic pads just feel disgusting and sound like diapers...Ugh.
I LOVE cloth liners.(not big pads) I dont think any of the cups or fabric pads will work on someone that has serious flow. (super sized tampon needs with back up pads = serious flow)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,398 times
Talking Divacup rocks!

I just got this divacup thinger and it is ah-summmm! When I was researching the thing there were a lot of chicks who were saying "it's a learning curve, you may not get it in right for a few tries, keep trying and it'll become second nature, wear a pad." So I was ready for some setbacks, I had my sense of humor standing by and my game face on. But I folded it up and popped it in and it was there! Bam! My vag is a lefty, which meant the cup was in there sort of tilty, but I could feel that it was right. Feels snug like a plug. Ladies, you know the feeling.
My vag just loved it, not only did it totally plug her up, but it also turns me on while I'm wearing it in a rather pleasant way so that I am thinking about sex all the time. She can suck on it like a pacifier. So. I pulled it out, which was also easy. You just push like you're taking a crap, grab it like you mean business, and pull it out. It goes shuuuurp... pop! It was only about a quarter full, tops! It had been in for like five hours! You really can wear one all. Day.
I dumped it out, washed it out in the sink (not really necessary but the sink was right there) and found that the four tiny holes in the rim were plugged up. When I tried to put it back in, it was really obvious that things weren't going well, the cup sort of bent in the shape of my vag and moved as freely as a... blunt instrument. No suction. So I took it out and fooled around with it some, but ultimately did what the instructions said: immersed it in water and squeezed it a few times. And it worked! I suspect that what the instructions said to do was the only thing that would have worked, which means that a) they really do give very accurate instructions, and b) it may be best not to fool around with the cup unless there's some sort of container available in case your worst nightmares become reality and the tiny holes get stopped up. But you can keep it in all. Day. So even if the only styrofoam cup in the Western hemisphere is back in your hotel room, you're set.
Excited by these discoveries, I decided to test the proud boasts of the divacup company to their limits: they claim that you can even take a dump while wearing one. So I took this huge crap and the end of this thing came poking out, like a dog's dick does when it strains its abs. But I was simply shocked to discover that unless I were to pull it as described above, it really wouldn't come out! So I took this huge dump, nothing came near touching the cup, and the moment I relaxed again it withdrew. I wiped hard and everything, TP didn't snag on the stem, nothing went wrong. I even used a hand mirror to look because I couldn't believe I hadn't gotten something ****ty. Can't do that with a plug.
So I can wear the same menstrual device all day long and be turned on the whole time, I can go to the bathroom with it in, if I want I can use all this blood I got for witchcraft. I'll never need another plug or pad again, I can go anywhere in the world, and it cost me as much as a pair of pants. So I'm posting everywhere, this thing is awesome!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:35 AM

8,998 posts, read 12,761,482 times
busybusymomma.com | Menstrual Cups

Love My Cup, LLC | The One Stop Menstrual Cup Shop

Menstrual Cups alternative products

http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~obsidian/clothpads/

I don't know why more women wouldn't want to reusable menstrual products.
Saves you money, good for the planet, and good for your health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness