Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:14 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,018,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
Always did that, so I'm not sure. Was always sore and cystic, too (had my first mammogram at 18 to rule out cancer).

Crap...I have to start doing that this year...gotta find someone who will do a sonogram instead - mammograms are for masochists.
You need to meet my new friend Digital imaging
I met my new friend a couple weeks ago when I found a mass
OMG it was pleasant (well except for the cold hands and having to sit around with a bunch of women in those "lovely" robes they provide how do you tie them !!)
have you never noticed that is one place where you can put a group of women and they don't start chatting.

ok focus karla

when I commented that it was nice not to be slammed in a door the tech said that is one of the great things about the Digital img. machine and they get better pictures

so I highly recommend seeing if they have one in your area

the ultra sound to further check out what ended up just being a cyst (whew) was painful (ok let me just press down real hard on that cyst)

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 02:14 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,134,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
How about walking into a room, forgetting why, walking out and retracing your steps thinking it will help you remember. (And often, it does!)

Okay, another thing- I was told by my GYN that a year with no period = menopause. For the past two years, I've had one period 13 months after the previous one. I figure that it is the control freak in me-
Vpcats- Okay, I just noticed that my response was redundant to your post. Can I pin that on menopause? Saying something that was just said?!

Old 02-15-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
LOL Karla. I bet you are absolutely right. I wonder how many will find a way to disguise themselves to describe how IT has affected THEM! :-)))
either that or they are thinking "this could be valuable advise for when my wife/gf goes through it "

quick someone post that "valabule jewerly" is the perfect thing to get for a woman going through menopause

karla

Old 02-15-2007, 02:18 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,116,288 times
hahahahahahahaha. Uggghhhhhh. This computer. No emoticons, no reply w/quote.... beginning to act like me!
That's ok. I pin everything on menopause. It works pretty well most of the time. :-))
Oh, I went full swing into it at 47. I am now 55. Your "d day" also has to do with your family history but I don't know when my grandmothers went into it and my mother had a hysterectomy at 40 so we don't know when she MIGHT have had it. I guess I'm the role model. :-( but I have a son!

Old 02-15-2007, 02:18 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,685,011 times
Default Thank you!!!

I like the sound of digital imaging...I will use that as part of my search for a new GYN.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM

27 posts, read 152,806 times
I ususally go for my annual physicals in February. So far NORMAL results. But I will ask him about the NASTY STUFF (lol) on my next visit. Thanks for all the advice!!

Old 02-15-2007, 02:23 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,134,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
either that or they are thinking "this could be valuable advise for when my wife/gf goes through it "

quick someone post that "valabule jewerly" is the perfect thing to get for a woman going through menopause

karla
Oh, did I neglect to mention that one thing that helped my mood swings and hot flashes significantly was ice? Preferably 1, 2 or 3 carot.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Is crunching ice a "SIGN" of menopause?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:34 PM

The thread sorta stopped moving...did everyone go to Starbucks and leave me behind? I am lost .... again... LOL

Old 02-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Oh, did I neglect to mention that one thing that helped my mood swings and hot flashes significantly was ice? Preferably 1, 2 or 3 carot.
See !!!
men are you paying attention !!!

tee hee
karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness