Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 PM

132 posts, read 390,365 times

Advertisements

I am a 23 year old female. I am pretty confused and worried right now. I have a bunch of different symptoms that have been going on and I dont know what to do. Heres the list... Neusea, stomach cramping/pain, bloating, chest pain, lightheadedness, tingly cold arm and fingers, shortness of breath and also a sort of tightening feeling of the upper chest and throat area... I know thats alot but I just dont know what this could be! Ive looked up these things and theres soo much it could be! Also the pain is not constant, it comes and goes. The stomach area usually starts first then moves up to my chest area. I will be doing somethin as simple as holding the newspaper and my arm falls asleep and hand... HELP!! I dont like goin to the emergency room but If I have to I will...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
I would get a neuro, cardio and pulmonary exam...don't look up anything online, just call your doctor in the morning. Good luck. Please let us know how you are.

I would not take a hot bath or shower if you are lightheaded.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:42 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
If you go to diagnoseme.com, it takes you through a really long questionnaire and at the very end, it gives you a few ideas of what it could be.

Nausea-Could be many things. If it's accompanied by all of the symptoms you listed, I would probably see a doctor now!

Stomach cramping/pain, bloating--could also be many things. From something you ate, to menstrual cramps. Also from pain/bloating, could be painful gas, allergic to certain foods, most likely wheat related or dairy if you eat lots of that. And it could be something else entirely.

Chest pain- Again, multi-symptoms. Chest pain is also associated with heart attacks, also, sometimes the pain might feel like it's in the chest, but could be below it, where the large intestine wraps up around the breastbone area.

lightheadedness- Could be anywhere from a hypoglycemic attack to symptoms of a heart attack. Also, high blood pressure can cause it.

tingly cold arm and fingers- Some foods can cause this like MSG, diabetes can cause this, it could also be associated with heart trouble..if you smoke, smoking cuts off the circulation, which can result in the tingling/numbness and cardiovascular problems.

shortness of breath and also a sort of tightening feeling of the upper chest and throat area--heart attack symptoms! Sometimes hypoglycemia symptoms.Sometimes food allergies, most notably MSG ,etc.

Please go to a doctor to rule out that you are having a heart attack. Even though you are young, we don't know your lifestyle, your body type, what runs in your family medically speaking,etc. More and more young people are having problems that used to be just an older people thing.

Now if you have all of the above symptoms at once, get to an emergency room asap! If you are having it now, call 911! Better to be safe than sorry for sure!

Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Sounds like hypertension but I am no DR.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:49 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Are you prone to anxiety or panic? These could be signs of that, too--all except the bloating. Anxiety can give you stomach pains, chest pains, shortness of breath, light headness, etc.. Check it out with an MD to be sure.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,528 times
sounds like a panic attack

Old 10-20-2008, 10:27 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
don't look up anything online, just call your doctor in the morning.
This is good advice. Unless you are nursing a terrible hangover it isn't normal for a 23 year old to feel anything but great. Trying to diagnose yourself is generally a very poor idea, particularly if you have had assistance from anything wiki

Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
sounds like a panic attack
I was thinking the same thing since those are all classic signs of a panic or anxiety attack.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:44 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
To to the doctor, you don't want to get a diagnosis online.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:29 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamama View Post
I am a 23 year old female. I am pretty confused and worried right now. I have a bunch of different symptoms that have been going on and I dont know what to do. Heres the list... Neusea, stomach cramping/pain, bloating, chest pain, lightheadedness, tingly cold arm and fingers, shortness of breath and also a sort of tightening feeling of the upper chest and throat area... I know thats alot but I just dont know what this could be! Ive looked up these things and theres soo much it could be! Also the pain is not constant, it comes and goes. The stomach area usually starts first then moves up to my chest area. I will be doing somethin as simple as holding the newspaper and my arm falls asleep and hand... HELP!! I dont like goin to the emergency room but If I have to I will...
That's a long list of symptoms, which sort of sounds like anxiety. Panic attacks are so common in young people and they can manifest themselves in a whole host of physical symptoms. And the more you worry about them, the more you start to pay attention to. You may want to go to a doctor and talk to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness