U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 AM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,972,978 times
Reputation: 12074

Advertisements

This just out about how researchers have created an assassin T-CELL that targets cells infected with HIV as it targets the cells antigen SL9 and easily kills it in the lab. Also amazing is that when the virus tried to change it's antigen to disquise it'self the assassin T Cell still recognized it and easily killed it.

Human trials start next year.

Scientists Design Assassin Immune Cells to Kill HIV-Infected Cells - Discover Magazine News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2008, 12:18 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
Reputation: 17978
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
^Did you know that the government engineered a new straind of syphiliz just to give to black males? Maybe they even engineered HIV to get the black man dead.

No it was the creattures that landed in 1947 in new mexico. They turned out to be racist from outer space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2008, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,309 posts, read 33,329,150 times
Reputation: 7038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I think AIDS was God's curse to destroy promiscious people / adulterers. If you can't help having sex just masturbate, which is 100% safe. So many diseases, unwanted children, and abortions from promiscious sex.

And it's still very painful to have AIDS and take medicine for it because of the many bad side effects of the medicine.
Then it would seem that God has designed a virus that penalizes disproportionately. God apparently thinks that receiving unprotected anal intercourse and IV drug use are REALLY bad, giving unprotected anal intercourse is considerable less bad, garden variety unprotected heterosexual intercourse is not very bad at all and that having a blood transfusion is sometimes worthy of a little smite. Oh, and apparently he has a thing about uncircumcised black males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2008, 01:03 PM
 
1,570 posts, read 1,601,726 times
Reputation: 461
Just fyi for all. I am not a racist i just did not appreciate the comment Jesse made and it was not the first of his. That got under my skin. Thats all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Burnsville, MN
73 posts, read 284,822 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
^Did you know that the government engineered a new straind of syphiliz just to give to black males? Maybe they even engineered HIV to get the black man dead.
I think he might be refering to this:
Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They didn't "engineer" the syphilis, but it was still a messed up situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM
 
1,570 posts, read 1,601,726 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
This just out about how researchers have created an assassin T-CELL that targets cells infected with HIV as it targets the cells antigen SL9 and easily kills it in the lab. Also amazing is that when the virus tried to change it's antigen to disquise it'self the assassin T Cell still recognized it and easily killed it.

Human trials start next year.

Scientists Design Assassin Immune Cells to Kill HIV-Infected Cells - Discover Magazine News
It won't work on humans because the bodies immune system might mistake it as a threat. And end up attacking it which would leave the body weaker to fighting off HIV. Which would make HIV stronger in the bodies presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
 
13,140 posts, read 35,972,978 times
Reputation: 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
It won't work on humans because the bodies immune system might mistake it as a threat. And end up attacking it which would leave the body weaker to fighting off HIV. Which would make HIV stronger in the bodies presence.
The bodies immune system might mistake what......are you talking about the Assassin T Cells? If the immature T Cells are taken from the hosts body or thymus then it should fit in with all the other Immune Cells of the host.

As for will it work or not i don't know but i do wish them well in this and many other diseases scientists are working on.

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 11-12-2008 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: spelling 6/3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2008, 03:28 PM
 
1,570 posts, read 1,601,726 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
The bodies immune system might mistake what......are you talking about the Assassin T Cells? If the immature T Cells are taken from the hosts body or thymus then it should fit in with all the other Immune Cells of the host.

As for will it work or not i don't know but i do wish them well in this and many other diseases scientists are worling on.
Yes. I don't believe it is that simple. But we will see and watch that nothing will come from this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2008, 03:55 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
Reputation: 17978
We still do not have a crue for the common cold.I doubt we will veer cure aids ;maybe able to control it thouhgt so it doesn't kill most healthy peole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
3,689 posts, read 9,251,619 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We still do not have a crue for the common cold.I doubt we will veer cure aids ;maybe able to control it thouhgt so it doesn't kill most healthy peole.
the main reason for there not being a cure for the common cold is there are sooo many variations of the strain. It would not be worth the effort to produce many many different medications for each and every strain of the virus. Not to mention by the time you find out what strain you have, your body has already fought off the attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top