U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 06:31 PM

9,356 posts, read 6,551,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs1971 View Post
Hi, I am 20 and have recently had a stay in hospital due to acute pancreatitis. I do not drink therefore not alcohol induced and did not have any gallstones when I had an ultrasound scan. I left hospital after 2 days, I had a very reduced appetite which is very unlike me! My appetite has grown and have massively reduced the fat content in my food but am still getting slight pain. The pain does not seem to be triggered by food. Ive been out of hospital now for about 2 1/2 weeks and left with no pain at all and feeling myself and I can't help but think whats changed? I am really stuck and due to a lack of care by the doctors/nurses I was admitted 10days after my pain had started after visiting the doctors twice and calling an ambulance. Im not sure what it is but should the pain still be there even if it is reduced? Just wandering if anyone knows.
Just to answer your question, as I understand it, it's common, perhaps even expected to have some abdominal pain for a while after an attack of acute pancreatitis, the pain may come and go, and may be triggered by certain foods ( generally those higher in fat content). This pain can be mitigated by eating smaller meals-low fat- more often during the day. You can see what triggers your pain and avoid that food, at least for a while. The pain should not increase, though, if it does you should contact your doc or go to the ER.

You should also make an appointment with a GI doc for followup of your pancreatitis.

My daughter had an attack of acute pancreatitis- she doesn't drink and her gallbladder is gone, so they never did figure out why she got it. Her pain was so intense she went to the ER in the middle of the night, and they diagnosed it there.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness