U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 PM

8,544 posts, read 6,673,823 times

Advertisements

I'm going bald! Nah, it's not that bad, but it is getting noticeably thinner. Bunches of hair falls out every time I shampoo. Does it grow back? Do I need to use Nizoral or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 02:06 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,522,360 times
No, it doesn't grow back.

You can take estrogen or vitamins. Otherwise, cut your hair short or get a piece.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 8,040,373 times
You might want to get your thyroid levels checked.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:12 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,522,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
You might want to get your thyroid levels checked.
Thyroid, schmyroid.

It's estrogen!

Say goodbye to estrogen, Baby!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:25 PM

7,099 posts, read 23,904,184 times
A good physical check up is in order. Hair lost comes with the years for both men and women. But sometimes, it is something that is lacking in the diet or perhaps, the thyroid. If it is correctible, the sooner you find out about the cause and do something, the easier it will be.

BUT, if it is just an aging thing.....well, been there, done that, and survived!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:39 PM

13,411 posts, read 42,760,536 times
Yeah, get to the doc, make sure the hair loss is not just a symptom of something more sinister.

If it's "simple" hair loss, talk with your doc, maybe talk with a dermatologist, I think they will agree that women's Rogaine may help. Nizoral is not likely to hurt anything.

You can consider hormone replacement; talk that over with your doc - many plus and minus factors.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM

485 posts, read 1,177,863 times
Default Dark choc=Estrogen

Good News!!!! I heard a nurse buddy of mine speaking on the estrogen found in dark chocolate.

So, feel free to enjoy the stuff and added benefits!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 04:15 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,515,180 times
Default You are what you eat !

I used to have very long, very THICK, curly/wavy hair and during the peri-menopause time I noticed more hair falling out when I brushed - so I went to see my primary physician. He really did not give me any answer other than menopause.

Anyway, I survived the following years without taking drugs (my choice) and have maintained my hair quite short in the last ten years. It is still healthy and thick!

IMHO the best way to maintain healthy hair - and good health in general is to avoid drugs and keep your immune system at its optimal strength by eating right - and a daily dose of flaxseed oil !

Old 10-31-2008, 02:02 AM

15 posts, read 122,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I'm going bald! Nah, it's not that bad, but it is getting noticeably thinner. Bunches of hair falls out every time I shampoo. Does it grow back? Do I need to use Nizoral or something?
No,Do just follow these.

It is important to eat healthy foods and ensure that your body is getting the vitamins and minerals that it needs. Often times the body will show poor health in the hair follicles and finger nails before and actual illness is detected. While it is important to get enough of the right nutrients, it is just as important not to get too much of any one type of vitamin. For example, too much of vitamins A and E, have been linked to hair loss.

Take care

Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,800,422 times
Lily, maybe check out a health food store and ask about silica and biotin .. or check out some articles on the internet.

Here's one site with some info on silica and iodine deficiency causing hair loss, and lists foods which can help replace helpful nutrients.

Lack of Iodine and Silica Can Create Hair Loss (http://ezinearticles.com/?Lack-of-Iodine-and-Silica-Can-Create-Hair-Loss&id=77881 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness