U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 12:55 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,051,215 times

Advertisements

Last week, i got the worst pain i have ever felt in my life, it started in my lower back then went to the right side of my bellybutton, then on doWN to my right testicle, i went to dr, and he diagnosed AS kidney stones, i had all the symptoms too. At the dr, they gave me 2 shots for the pain, after that i went to get x rays, they took xrays basically of all the area that was hurting, and a week later they called me that everything looked normal. The pain killers they gave me would knock me out, so 1 time i knocked out and didnt take them in the 4 he lapses that were prescribed, then the pain came back!!! It was hell, after 3 days of this, finally the pain subsided, but when i received the call from the doc, he said, their was no kidney stones were found!!! They never gave me medication to flush the stones out, and i never saw them come out, does anybody know what was happening to me, i had all the symptoms!!!! What causes kidney stones to form, i am a heavy water drinker, so lack of h2o couldnt have been the cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 01:44 PM

650 posts, read 1,926,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Last week, i got the worst pain i have ever felt in my life, it started in my lower back then went to the right side of my bellybutton, then on doWN to my right testicle, i went to dr, and he diagnosed AS kidney stones, i had all the symptoms too. At the dr, they gave me 2 shots for the pain, after that i went to get x rays, they took xrays basically of all the area that was hurting, and a week later they called me that everything looked normal. The pain killers they gave me would knock me out, so 1 time i knocked out and didnt take them in the 4 he lapses that were prescribed, then the pain came back!!! It was hell, after 3 days of this, finally the pain subsided, but when i received the call from the doc, he said, their was no kidney stones were found!!! They never gave me medication to flush the stones out, and i never saw them come out, does anybody know what was happening to me, i had all the symptoms!!!! What causes kidney stones to form, i am a heavy water drinker, so lack of h2o couldnt have been the cause.
My sister had kidney stones all during her pregnancy with my niece. The pain that she experienced, even with medication, was harder for her to handle than child birth.

I had one episode of "kidney stones" almost 3 years ago. I had all the classic symptoms: lower flank pain, feeling like I had glass cutting through my lower back, pain that came and went, you know. I was fairly certain that it was a stone, due to my sister's experience, but after hours in the ER they could not diagnose a problem. By the time I actually got there, I must have passed the stone, so there was nothing to see on the X rays and CT scans. I still had quite a bit of pain, though not so excruciating, for a few days after. It felt like my insides had been all sliced up.

I think what you described could be kidney stones, but you will probably never know unless you have another attack. Unfortunately, I thin if you have had them once, you are prone to them again. Keep drinking that water-- it really does help flush things out. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:32 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,556,197 times
I was once diagnosed as a "chroic former" of kidney stones, For 35 years, I had one, like clockwork, every four years. Over time, they gradually took longer and longer to pass, with unpredictable bouts of pain, until finally, I was carrtying them around for about a year before they would drop into my bladder and pass within a couple of days. Then two things happened, and I don't know which one worked.

When I lived in Paraguay in 1992, I was told that nobody has kidney stones in Paraguay. There is a local herb called "para-para-y" (pronounced "parra parra ee". I boiled up a brew of it every day for a month or so, and it didn't appear to have much of an effect, and I finally passed that stone, but with fewer painful days, about like normal

I only had one after that---(1996, four years later, of course) when I was in a little mountain village in Taiwan. We had already bought our bus tickets for about a 2-hour onward trip, and I told my wife I had the tyipcal symptons of a stone starting---a tingling in my urethra, followed within a half hour by that dull kidney pain. My wife went down to the lady at the desk of our little pension, and hilriously and roaring with laughter, tried to demonstrate (with no common language except body) that I was in pan associated with a body part that they did not possess, and needed a potent pain killer. The lady took her to a little Chinese pharmacy, told the pharmacist what I had, and he gave my wife four different pill, all to be taken immediately. The pain started to subside after about an hour, as it always does, and we got on the bus. I immediately fell asleep on the bus, and felt fine when we got to our destination. I never again felt any discomfort from that stone, and I have never had another kidney stone since. It's now been 12 years.

I told my doctor about this, and he said "Boy, would I ever love to know what he gave you!".

So if you have a kidney stone, see if you can find a traditional Chinese doctor, and see if he knows anything about those four amazing pills.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-03-2008 at 02:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness