U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:10 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,972,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
No -- Male age 33. In good health otherwise. Ideal weight, normal blood pressure, good cardiovascular health, no other chronic conditions. Also I wouldn't say it's predictable or exactly cyclic. It just seems like it's happened 8-10 times over the last year.
Does it happen after eating certain foods?? I'm thinking food allergies or Celiac Disease as possibilitiies??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 AM

1,779 posts, read 6,826,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Does it happen after eating certain foods?? I'm thinking food allergies or Celiac Disease as possibilitiies??
That's what I'm starting to try to correlate. So far I haven't remembered eating anything out of the ordinary. The only correlation I may have noticed is with the canker sores I mentioned. And I'll have to see if those outbreaks always precede onset, or if it was just a coincidence.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:01 AM

123 posts, read 439,657 times
Hi. First I am sorry you are feeling ill. I am 30 and for the past year and half have been dealing with nerve issues but in addition have had similar symptoms you have. I have seen almost every type of doctor and had extensive testing. Anyhow I would start with an internist. They can run blood work to rule out some things and then direct you to a better doctor. Some of your symptoms seem like they could be auto immune so you may want to look into that ype of doctor too. There are just so many possibilities and why instill fear into yourself with possible dx is not necessary. Hang in there and make an apt asap. Many issues if you catch it early recovery is better.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:48 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,603,756 times
There is no way whatsoever for anyone on this board to diagnose this. Your symptoms are too vague. See a doctor and get a typical CBC w/diff on a day you're feeling fine, and another one during the time period of your illness.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:28 AM

7,099 posts, read 23,889,158 times
One thing you might think about is that you may have developed a heat sensitivity problems. My husband sweats a great deal and when he gets overheated (like sitting in the heat at a ball game) his electrolites seem to get out of whack and he gets ill. Think back and see if you can associate the occurances to any sort of unusual activity or sweating. It might take a day or two to show up afterwards. Low potassium or sodium levels can cause various problems.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:33 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,914,691 times
Quote:
No -- Male age 33. In good health otherwise. Ideal weight, normal blood pressure, good cardiovascular health, no other chronic conditions. Also I wouldn't say it's predictable or exactly cyclic. It just seems like it's happened 8-10 times over the last year.
Why don't you just go to a doctor and see if you can find out? Since it's happening repeatedly, it seems to bear looking into.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:25 AM

2,518 posts, read 9,691,595 times
Quote:
Over the past year or so, I have been experiences episodes of an unexplained illness. I recurs about once a month, and lasts for about 24 hours. Symptoms are general fatigue, muscle aches, fever of about 100.0, headache, dizziness (sometimes), upset stomach (sometimes). At first, I thought it was a virus, but it has occurred so frequently and with such regularity, that I think something else is causing it. Maybe an allergy or an autoimmune response?

I get really bad canker sore outbreaks for no apparent reason. My dentist told me that in some cases, canker sores can be caused by an autoimmune response. About a week ago, I had another outbreak. Then yesterday, I got my familiar symptoms and was sick all day. I will start taking note if there is a correlation between the canker sore outbreaks and my feeling sick.

In any case, by this morning, I felt much better again. The last time I got sick with this was in September. The symptoms came on very suddenly while I was sitting in 90 degree heat at a football game. Again by the next morning, I felt better.

Any thoughts?

Shingles ?

Old 11-06-2008, 05:13 PM

428 posts, read 1,486,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Shingles ?
No way.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:21 PM

3,764 posts, read 7,199,178 times
Herpes Simplex outbreaks can cause mouth blisters, fever, general fatigue. But we are all just making educated guesses. An example by a flesh-and-blood physician sounds like a good idea.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Old 10-31-2009, 08:29 PM

2,903 posts, read 11,164,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Herpes Simplex outbreaks can cause mouth blisters, fever, general fatigue. But we are all just making educated guesses. An example by a flesh-and-blood physician sounds like a good idea.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
Since the original post is a year old, i hope he/she felt better soon too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness