U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:29 PM

926 posts, read 2,400,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
Usually, the IUD is reserved for women who've had children, but I'm sure there are exceptions. Apparently, your doctor thought you were an exception, as you have one. Or, am I making assumptions in thinking you don't have children? My apologies if so.

Anyway, if the IUD isn't causing you problems and your doctor thinks it's fine for you, then why take it out? Did it not generate the results you wanted? Also, do you plan on being celibate long-term? If not, then it really beats the other forms of B/C provided you've no worries for STDs. I have it and I like it a lot. No periods. But, I also have to take pills to regulate my hormones. I'm one of those in this forum who complained about it, but my doctor convinced me to try the pill on top of the IUD. Every single complaint I had attributed to the IUD evaporated in no time once I added in the hormones from the pill.

If you still want it out, then I'd consider depo provera. It helps you achieve your goal of 86ing the periods and you only have to think about it 4 times per year. A friend of mine loved it. I did too when I took it years ago.
no I dont have kids and dont plan on having them either I was thinking of getting it taken out because I read the horror stories of some other people on here who have had their IUD get embedded in their cervix or have it somehome get in their abdomen and that freaked me out! I plan on being celibate until I get married so thats also why my doctor approved the IUD for me (Its for people who are in a monagomous relationship or like me, abstaining). Why do you need hormones? my doctor didnt say anything about regulating my hormones while on the IUD...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 09:36 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,959,302 times
A friend of mine has that thing that they embed into your arm. What is that? its about the size of a Tylenol pill. How would they get that out of there?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,978,630 times
If you are not having any problems with it, then leave it alone! It's good for 5 years, you aren't having sex (so no infection issues), you don't get your period (just like you wanted), so why mess with a good thing?

There is always going to be someone with a horror story, so please don't let that be why you get it removed. It's already there, paid for, no side effects and doing it's job.

I almost got one, but I got my tubes tied instead. I've got 4 kids and didn't want anymore. I do get my period, though.

ANY birth control is going to have some sort of side effect. I was on Seasonale (sp?) for a long time so I'd only get my period every 3 months. It worked great for me, but you don't like taking the pill.

I'd stick with what you have!!

Old 11-03-2008, 06:49 PM

9,538 posts, read 19,409,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
I didnt want anything I had to insert into myself lol. And my friend was having sex with her guy and when she got off of him....well I think you know where Im going with that lol
The guy was wearing a decoration? Oh well, it was just a suggestion.

Personally, I don't like the way the hormones make me feel. But when I'm in a steady relationship, it seems like the best way to go. Light or no period is wonderful, though.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:16 PM

11 posts, read 23,982 times
try holding an asprin between your knees

Old 11-03-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotribes View Post
try holding an asprin between your knees
lol what will that do?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:27 PM

2,588 posts, read 4,851,560 times
Quote:
no I dont have kids and dont plan on having them either I was thinking of getting it taken out because I read the horror stories of some other people on here who have had their IUD get embedded in their cervix or have it somehome get in their abdomen and that freaked me out! I plan on being celibate until I get married so thats also why my doctor approved the IUD for me (Its for people who are in a monagomous relationship or like me, abstaining). Why do you need hormones? my doctor didnt say anything about regulating my hormones while on the IUD...
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to suggest you or anyone else would need extra hormones while on the IUD. That's just me now after having had 2 kids. All sorts of things changed other than the lifestyle.

Anyway, someone mentioned that there will always be horror stories associated with, well, anything medical. That's true. A good friend has a horror story with the birth control pill. I guess it's just important to know the risks involved, so that you can keep an eye out for them. But, don't panic.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:32 AM

13 posts, read 34,221 times
Quote:
lol what will that do?
My mother always told me to use that as a form of birth control. Think about it.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedMommy View Post
My mother always told me to use that as a form of birth control. Think about it.
OH! lol
well Im celibate so I think thats just as effective lol

Old 11-05-2008, 09:29 AM

6,044 posts, read 21,131,710 times
For sheer birth control, a vasectomy would be my first choice. No side effects, at least not for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness