U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:54 AM

2,484 posts, read 7,902,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim69 View Post
The Pill does not always stop ovulation, but they do always make the uterus a very unfriendly place for a baby. If you are sexually active, and on the pill, you have probably had abortions you didn't even know about. You are welcome to read Randy Alcorn 'Does The Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?'
Uhhh
The Pill (the traditional one) has NEVER stopped ovulation. Did you mean fertilization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM

13 posts, read 34,225 times
The Pill's first line of defense is to stop ovulation, but it doesn't always. That's when the prevention of fertilization is relevant.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 PM

650 posts, read 1,926,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedMommy View Post
The Pill's first line of defense is to stop ovulation, but it doesn't always. That's when the prevention of fertilization is relevant.
You are right about the first line of defense, however, fertilization takes place in the fallopian tube and then the embryo moves to the uterus. The Pill's second line of defense prevents implantation, not fertilization.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:41 PM

348 posts, read 2,176,453 times
Thumbs up I love the Pill

I second that 'uhhhh'....???

I've been on the pill for almost 4 years & love it. I've never heard of many people having side effects from it. The only one I've had was the morning after the first day I took it--got sick that morning. After that, nothing. I've had my period the same time every month--and it's short--can't beat that.

I've had a friend who was on Depo Provera & got pregnant on it. Have a family member that has a child & now has an IUD. That's surprising that a doctor would put it in to a woman without children---my family member says most doctors wouldn't. But I think it's crazy to tell a woman what to do with her body, anyways.

What works for some doesn't work for others. Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE=BigJim69;6019878]The Pill does not always stop ovulation, but they do always make the uterus a very unfriendly place for a baby. If you are sexually active, and on the pill, you have probably had abortions you didn't even know about. You are welcome to read Randy Alcorn 'Does The Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?'[/quote]

Old 11-08-2008, 06:15 AM

926 posts, read 2,400,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving-to-AZ View Post
I second that 'uhhhh'....???

I've been on the pill for almost 4 years & love it. I've never heard of many people having side effects from it. The only one I've had was the morning after the first day I took it--got sick that morning. After that, nothing. I've had my period the same time every month--and it's short--can't beat that.

I've had a friend who was on Depo Provera & got pregnant on it. Have a family member that has a child & now has an IUD. That's surprising that a doctor would put it in to a woman without children---my family member says most doctors wouldn't. But I think it's crazy to tell a woman what to do with her body, anyways.

What works for some doesn't work for others. Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE=BigJim69;6019878]The Pill does not always stop ovulation, but they do always make the uterus a very unfriendly place for a baby. If you are sexually active, and on the pill, you have probably had abortions you didn't even know about. You are welcome to read Randy Alcorn 'Does The Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?'
[/quote]

I agree, even the commercial says it is intended for people who have had atleast on child but I told my doctor I never want to have children so she gave it to me. It was beyong painful so Im wondering if its the pain factor the reason why they want you to have had atleast one child?

Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 AM

9,198 posts, read 20,215,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
What is your preferred method and why?

I started out on the pill when I was 14 because it was free at the clinic and my parents didnt know I was having sex, switched to the patch in college and now that Im celibate I just got Mirena put in a few months ago to stop my menstrual cycle.

I didnt like the pill because it made me nasous if I didnt take it with food and since sometimes I skip meals, I would forget to take it. Or Id leave it at home and be gone all day. Weight gain wasnt a problem to me, I was one Allesse-23. Then I switched to the patch but that would sometimes come off randomly (its gross seeing it stuck to your panties or floating in the tub lol) Getting Mirena put in was probably one of the most painful experiences of my life lol I cramped for about 2 weeks, had one period and I have been fine (and period free!) for about 4 months now.

After reading the IUD horror stories on here, Im kind of scared having this in me and it possible imbedding in my cervix or getting in my abdomen so I may get it taken out next month during my annual and now Im looking at other options so I'd appreciate all comments
Birth control is not for everyone.
I used the pill back in the 80's - horrible. I often felt like my nerves were jumping out of my skin.
I've never used a patch but did have an IUD for 5 years.
The IUD was the best for me. I had it around the mid 90's, pretty sure I had it for 5 years. The last year was the pits, my periods were very heavy & coming fairly close together like every 2 weeks. I knew it was time to take it out but kept putting it off until we could decide what to do.

Since you already have Mirena, I wouldn't take it out, I would leave it be.
If you are worried, make sure you see your GYN regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness