U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 02:50 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,638,476 times

Advertisements

Get your salt down. Try not to go much over 1,000 mg of sodium per day---about half of what the label says is the MDR. You don't have to be a nazi about it, but avoid things that are really really salty. Gradually reduce the saltiness of things you eat at home, until you forget to add salt. Read labels. There is more salt in an ounce of corn flakes than in an ounce of potato chips. You don't believer it? Read the label. Throw away your can opener---everything in a can is fulll of salt. Learn to make soup frlm scratch, and dried beans. Seriously, the ONE thing you can REALLY do to save your heart is is get that SALT out of your food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 12:36 AM

2,209 posts, read 6,787,864 times
Locate a good MD who subscribes to the Chelation Therapy as treatment. I've posted about this as have others. It's been a virtual miracle in my life as it has also done that in many others.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 AM

5,123 posts, read 9,428,480 times
You gotten good advice here.

I noticed from what you've listed as your preferred foods, you're eating a high-fat, not healthy for your heart diet. Cheeses, creamy sauces, butter, cream cheese on your bagel, etc. All high in artery-clogging fats.

My first suggestion is go see a good nutritionist and ask him/her to design you a low-fat, heart-healthy diet. Follow it.

Second thing I'd recommend is get hold of one of Dr. Dean Ornish's books on diet and heart health. He's the cardiologist who has reversed heart disease through nutrition and diet by prescribing a very low fat diet. His books are good.

You can eat your way to health...if you choose that path. Sure hope you do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness