U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-20-2007, 05:20 PM

364 posts, read 34,348 times
Default What do you do when you are sick?

Yesterday I woke up throwing up. Went away and felt fine. This morning I woke up very quizzy. Mid day I felt so tired I took a nap. When I woke up I felt horrible. Soar throat, quizzy, aches and pains, hot/cold. Now I am throwing up frequently, have a fever, really bad soar throat and miserable!

What do you do to get through the night? Everyone knows how awful it is to have a long restless night when you are sick. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM

2,813 posts, read 9,257,826 times
Sounds like a stomach virus. You may just have to put a barf bucket next to the bed along with a towel to wipe up afterward with a glass of water for rinsing and just let it run its course. Keep in mind that anything you put in your mouth or touch may become contaminated too, so sterilize your toothbrush after this and make sure you run a Clorox towelette or something along the bathroom counters, kitchen counters, door handles and refrigerator handle.
If you go through tomorrow the same way..then it might be time to make an appointment to the doctor. My guess is that the vomiting will run its course overnight and the queasyness you've been experiencing is typical of being nauseated with a stomach flu. Luckily they pass quickly usually. Keep hydrated.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:28 PM

20,015 posts, read 20,504,668 times
Drink plenty of fluids, water, seven up. Eat bland food, maybe Tylenol for the fever. Get plenty of rest. I usually just in front my computer when I don't feel good and look up all the stuff I never have time to read.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:43 PM

1,395 posts, read 3,134,170 times
I hope you feel better soon, I have two with the flu today, my husband and daughter, so it has been a very busy day.
I had the flu about two or three weeks ago, both of them didn't get it, so I guess it is their turn now. It is no fun, and get better soon. Yorkie

Old 02-20-2007, 06:44 PM

2,072 posts, read 8,198,708 times
Rest and plenty of liquids (water, gatorade, 7-Up) When you start feeling better, take it easy for an extra day - you don't want to relapse. Take care.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:43 PM

UGH! I just feel miserable. I plan to go see my doctor first thing. I don't want to prolong this is antibiotics can help. I had some toast and ginger ale. I am a troubled sleeper and I am dreading the night.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Yorkie- hope your family gets better. I read your thread about your family/husband situation. I'm sorry! I know heartbreak all too well. PM me if you like.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:51 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,506,315 times
I'm so sorry you're sick! Wish I could get some of my pills for nausea to you. I only took one out of the prescription. Meanwhile, do you have any dramamine (for motion sickness)? If so, take one of those and see if it helps your nausea; and they usually calm you down and can help you sleep.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
I'm so sorry you're sick! Wish I could get some of my pills for nausea to you. I only took one out of the prescription. Meanwhile, do you have any dramamine (for motion sickness)? If so, take one of those and see if it helps your nausea; and they usually calm you down and can help you sleep.
Thanks! I don't have any dramamine. My bright idea is to stay up an hour later than usual so that I should fall right asleep. It's the best I can do for tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness